Anthony Weiner is an idiot!

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 06:30 pm
I was irritated when Anthony Weiner and Eliot Spitzer's over blown egos made them think they were fit for public office, but holy crap Anthony, what's wrong with your judgement. Please fade away and get out of the public eye. You think your baby will be proud of junk obsessed Dad? Face it, you are an exhibitionist. If you did this in Central Park, your butt would have been arrested. Your moment is over. I liked Anthony Weiner originally, but enough is enough. He and Spitzer should just close the door behind them. Stick a fork in both of them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 17 • Views: 9,392 • Replies: 134

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 06:38 pm
Yup.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 06:43 pm
I differentiate a little between Weiner and Spitzer because while Weiner seems to have no frikkin 'off' button - even after public his worldwide humiliation and resignation, Spitzer seems like he might have undergone a bit of attitude adjustment from his shame.
neologist

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:19 pm
@glitterbag,
Are you talking about Anthony Weiner or
Carlos Danger?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/anthony-weiner-carlos-danger_n_3640295.html
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:24 pm
@snood,
Snood, I understand what you are saying and Spitzer has been late time comedy fodder since he declaired. People who have served prison terms are given credit for paying their debt to society, maybe i shouldnt compare the two like they are a marched set. If you didn't see his interview with Steven Colbert on Comedy Central you really have to check it out. It was extremely funny, but at the same time I felt embarrassed for Spitzer. I admired his accomplishments as New York Attorney General and his attempts to make Wall Street honest (one can always hope) and his work while Gov. of New York. His scandal and Anthony Weiners disgrace deeply disappointed me. I thought both of them had great futures and would be moving this country forward in a more honest, fair and responsible fashion for everyone.

I loved watching Weiner on the House floor, he was an absolute firecracker. However, as poor as his judgement was that led finally to his resignation, he apparently never stopped until last August when he decided to get back in the
public eye. I think he is a very talented individual, but..........he's an exibitionist.....maybe he needs to become less fascinated with flashing his junk before he runs for mayor.

As for Spitzer, just the matter of him spending 4 grand on a prostitute would make me think 40 times before I let him handle my investments. I'm not saying he is unforgivable, but Comptroller!!!!! I'd rather see him back as Attorney General.

But many states are forgiving of public servants' peccadillos, Rudolph Guilianna announced his second divorce in a press conference, before he bothered to tell wife #2. The former Gov of S.C. disappeared for several days 'hiking' before the country learned he was cheating on his wife. Divorced his wife, than ran for the Senate in S.C. and got elected. But frankly, if Strom Thurmond was still alive, he would be wheeled from the nursing home section of Walter Reed (where he was cared for many months prior to his demise) so one of his aides could help him cast their vote. And he would still be the Senator from S.C.

Bottom line, this is for New York voters to decide. They currently have a Mayor who decided to alter the term limit statute so he could serve another term. So, I defer to the residents of New York. Out of State folks have no business mucking around with the choices the voters have in New York.

(( I decided not to get into Newt Gingrich this time, it's late and sometimes the sleeze factor overpowers my sense of dignified discourse))

I have a small favor to ask, if JTT posts after me, would someone mind just posting Bump? He seems to follow me and others and suddenly a thread is killed.
JTT

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Here come de moralists, ranting and raving over some sexual peccadillos but the slaughter of millions, children born with gross deformities caused by their tax dollars, MEHHHHHHH.

Get Firefly over here - she does this petty moralizing at least as good as glitterbag.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
As for Spitzer, just the matter of him spending 4 grand on a prostitute would make me think 40 times before I let him handle my investments. I'm not saying he is unforgivable, but Comptroller!!!!!

Yup, 4 grand on a hooker, now that's awful.

How much was spent on the phosphorus that was used to "shake and bake" the people of Fallujah?

How much was spent on Agent Orange to poison the people of Vietnam?

How much was spent on napalm to fry innocent villagers?

How much was spent on the "2,756,941 tons’ worth [of bombs], dropped in 230,516 sorties on 113,716 sites" in Cambodia?

http://www.yale.edu/cgp/Walrus_CambodiaBombing_OCT06.pdf

You people are sick, really sick.

Quote:
I have a small favor to ask, if JTT posts after me, ... .

Your obsession is noted, gb.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:01 pm
@glitterbag,
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.se/b/b9/Bump_hippo.jpg
neologist

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:03 pm
@wmwcjr,
Laughing Laughing
Sturgis

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Weiner and Spitzer are both reprehensible.

Their actions speak towards their overall integrity and respect (in this case lack of both) towards their constituents. It's not just what they did initially, it's the arrogance both have displayed in entering back into the public eye so soon after the events which brought them down.

Additionally, by waiting until campaigns were well underway (Weiner in the Mayoral run, Spitzer in the Comptroller spot), they were sure to get a good deal of publicity from the media.

What exactly can either of them actually bring to the table?

More frightening is the two of them running the city. Imagine the temptations these men will face daily with the power and the money so easily at the ready. Spitzer may or may not have changed, clearly Weiner has not. He is still attempting to evade and avoid giving direct answers regarding his inappropriate actions.

Personally, I don't believe that Weiner has stopped doing the things he was doing while in Congress and in the months after, including time after his child was born. His wife, could be seen as an idiot or an enabler- possibly both.

For both these men, the idea of a return to political office would not necessarily have been out of the question. However there should have been an additional few election cycles prior and then a lower level office. Weiner could have tried for State Assembly or State Senate. Spitzer for a City Council seat. I still would have been bothered by it; yet, it would have shown some level of decency and appeared to the public as if they'd taken time to consider their previous actions and perhaps atoned.

As Al D'Amato commented earlier this evening, if the people vote for these two, then they get what they deserve. I have felt this from the start.

How anyone can support either of these men, neither of which seems to have any respect for women, is beyond me.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 10:07 pm
@neologist,
Mr. Green
neologist

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 11:03 pm
@wmwcjr,
You beat me to the bump. Laughing
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 08:54 am
You guys are the best, and the best bump pals.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 08:55 am
@glitterbag,
I agree, he is just embarrassing.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 09:45 am
@glitterbag,
I haven't been following this all that closely, but it seems like the voters have all the information they need to make an informed decision. Weiner didn't break the law. If you think he will do a good job in office and can keep his personal habits personal, then I think there is some subset of the population that will let that slide. Sanford basically abandoned the state leaving no information about his whereabouts. The result was that he lost 13% of the vote he would have been expected to receive and won in his very Republican district anyway. According to this article, 13% is standard for sex scandals.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 12:00 pm
In my opinion, New York and its New Yorkers, having a certain character that the rest of the country finds unique, understand the value of electing Spitzer to the Mayor's office. He is a shoe-in, in my opinion.

firefly

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 12:16 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
In my opinion, New York and its New Yorkers, having a certain character that the rest of the country finds unique, understand the value of electing Spitzer to the Mayor's office. He is a shoe-in, in my opinion

Duh...Spitzer isn't running for Mayor, Foofie. Rolling Eyes

And electing Weiner the Mayor would make NYC the laughing stock of the world--he's become a sleazy dirty joke. He's also continued to lie about his sexting problem, saying he got it under control after he resigned from Congress, when that was not the case.

Both Weiner and Spitzer have revealed personal problems, and character problems, that should disqualify them from holding any high public office right now. I'm not a NYC voter, but, if I were, I'd demand better in the way of nominees. Why scrap the bottom of the barrel for candidates?
firefly

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 01:02 pm
This is the Editorial in today's New York Times
Quote:

The New York Times
July 23, 2013
Mr. Weiner and the Elusive Truth

By THE EDITORIAL BOARD

At some point, the full story of Anthony Weiner and his sexual relationships and texting habits will finally be told. In the meantime, the serially evasive Mr. Weiner should take his marital troubles and personal compulsions out of the public eye, away from cameras, off the Web and out of the race for mayor of New York City.

Mr. Weiner, who resigned from Congress two years ago after sending lewd messages and photos of his crotch to women he had not met, was forced to revisit the issue on Tuesday, and so were we all. A Web site called The Dirty had another woman’s story, another round of sex texts, and another picture of Mr. Weiner’s penis. The startling news was that this new episode apparently took place last summer, only a few months before Mr. Weiner was to begin another run at public office. The marital trauma that Mr. Weiner and his wife, Huma Abedin, had said was behind them was not as far behind as we thought.

When the first texts were revealed two years ago, Mr. Weiner lied about it, saying he had been the victim of hackers. Then he owned up, tearfully abandoned his office and retreated into private life. Then he was back, telling the world that therapy and his wife’s forgiveness had turned him around and that he was ready to begin a new chapter. That turned out to be the mayor’s race, which he entered in May. What he did not say then, and what voters did not realize until Tuesday, was that his resignation had not been the end of his sexual misconduct.

The timing here matters, as it would for any politician who violates the public’s trust and then asks to have it back. Things are different now, he insists. “This behavior is behind me,” he said again on Tuesday. He suggested that people should have known that his sexting was an unresolved problem well into 2012.

That’s ridiculous and speaks to a familiar but repellent pattern of misleading and evasion. It’s up to Mr. Weiner if he wants to keep running, to count on voters to forgive and forget and hand him the keys to City Hall. But he has already disqualified himself.

It’s difficult not to feel for Ms. Abedin. The couple deserved privacy as they worked through their problems — and they had it, until they re-emerged in public life and Mr. Weiner decided he was a good fit to run New York City. Mr. Weiner and Ms. Abedin have been saying that his sexual behavior is not the public’s business. Well, it isn’t, until they make it our business by plunging into a political campaign.

Mr. Weiner says he is staying in the mayoral race. To those who know his arrogance and have grown tired of the tawdry saga he has dragged the city into, this is not surprising.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/24/opinion/mr-weiner-and-the-elusive-truth.html?hp&_r=0
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 01:10 pm
And the two NYC daily tabloid papers want Weiner out of the race as well.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/images/new-york-daily-news-weiner-july-2013-beat-it.jpg
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1261567/thumbs/o-NEW-YORK-POST-570.jpg?6
JTT

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:14 pm
@firefly,
H------- still supports him. I guess she likes his wiener.
0 Replies