Five stimulations that trigger us to act, or not act

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 01:51 pm
In my opinion---

1. Snapshot Memories: Things we see, hear, taste, touch, or smell for a moment that click in our memory, have no particular relevance, and quickly disappear.

2. Associative Memory: Same as snapshot memories except that these have relevance, remind us of incidences or events, but not enough stimulation to act on them.

3. Pre-active Memory: Same as associative memory except that they stimulate anticipation of things to come... problems, needs, changes, plans to do things later on, and possible consequences if we do, etc..

4. Reactive Memory: Same as pre-active memory except that they activate response... go to, reach for, do something.

5. Emergency Memory ; Same as reactive memory except that they activate immediate reaction...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,016 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Mark Munro

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 04:56 pm
@Rickoshay75,
You propose high cognitive level stimulants of activity. I would propose motives that would have a provenance in high level cognition and somatic concerns. For instance when an individual in an advanced society experiences hunger, the remedy is a complicated process and the ensuing activity requires a coordination across many levels of awareness in the nervous system. A way to simplify and interpret this complicated process is to consider the whole thing as concerned with energy. Ir starts with a somatic sense of hunger and low energy, and ends up with a plan to obtain more energy with the lowest outlay of energy.

Maybe we could consider the management of energy when we look for motives.
Rickoshay75

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2013 01:36 pm
@Mark Munro,
You propose high cognitive level stimulants of activity. I would propose motives that would have a provenance in high level cognition and somatic concerns. >>

I don't think being aware has anything to do with reaction. Cause always stimulates effect or it doesn't in both body and mind.
0 Replies