Snowdon is a dummy

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 03:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
some of us are hoping the charges go away.

The gentleman who released the pentagon papers was in fact not charge with any crime.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 03:42 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
'm not charged with anything, Bill.

An who the hell said you had been charged with a crime? Where the hell did that come from?

Next Snowden to me is in the same moral position as a conductor in the underground railroad being charge with helping runaway slaves and by doing so breaking a valid law of the time.

Once more he does not deserve a fair or an unfair trial or any other type of trial for that matter instead he deserve the thanks of the american people and to a lessor degree the western world for a head up of what the US government and it partners in "crime" was up to behind secret stamps.

Massive spying on the population is great to help set up a police state with the power to blackmail leaders at NSA command but not so good for finding and targeting terrorists.

Poor Hoover with his few file cabinets that he used to keep his office by blackmailing congress members and presidents would had love to have a large building with thousands of harddrives full of such materials on everyone in the first world.

He deserves a fair trial, Bill. And if he ever comes back to the United States...he will get one.

He may be happy with where he is...and may be granted permanent asylum.

I doubt any other country will take him in...it would be too contentious with the US.

He's made his bed.

For those of you who think him a hero...or something akin to a conductor on the Underground Railroad...I suspect you are in for a disappointment if you think that will become the prevalent opinion.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 03:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawk...they can vote all they want in the EU. This thing is not going away. And I would bet that no European country will grant him asylum in the face of American opposition to it.

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 03:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well I would not be too sure about how the population of the US let alone the first world view Snowden.

As far as my opinion of Snowden I could only hope I would be as brave and as patriotic as he was and would be willing to throw my whole life away to warn the American people of how our own government was spying on us.

Setting up super Hoover blackmail cabinets on a large fraction of the human race.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Well I would not be too sure about how the population of the US let alone the first world view Snowden.

I am not sure...nor have I ever said I am sure. But I would make the bet I said I would make.

Quote:
As far as my opinion of Snowden I could only hope I would be as brave and as patriotic as he was and would be willing to throw my whole life away to warn the American people of how our own government was spying on us.

I wouldn't worry about that, Bill. You don't even have the "bravery" to use your real name here in this forum...with only a couple of dozen people involved.

Quote:
Setting up super Hoover blackmail cabinets on a large fraction of the human race.

Sentence fragment. Not sure what you were trying to say.
BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
European country will grant him asylum in the face of American opposition to it.

Or from fear of the possible blackmail information that the NSA hard drives might contain on the leaderships of the EU nations.

Once more see how Hoover used such fears for decades when it came to presidents and congressmen.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:06 pm
@BillRM,
Cameron's been outed as a pigfucker. You don't think the CIA have anything worse than that?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Edward Snowden is not a dummy.

He deserves a fair trial...and I hope he gets it.

I see you're changing the subject Frank and going back to your mantra. Your agnosticism always fails when it's something important. You are defending data trawling and failing. I see you've finally dropped the straw man about being unable to provide examples because of security. If data trawl had been of use in any convictions they could and would have mentioned it.

You can't provide an example because there are no examples, not because Big Brother knows best, but because there aren't any.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:13 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
European country will grant him asylum in the face of American opposition to it.

Or from fear of the possible blackmail information that the NSA hard drives might contain on the leaderships of the EU nations.

Once more see how Hoover used such fears for decades when it came to presidents and congressmen.

Take a look at your quote of what I wrote...and then take a look at what I actually wrote.

You really need to pick up your game, Bill.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about that, Bill. You don't even have the "bravery" to use your real name here in this forum...with only a couple of dozen people involved.

First anyone with the resources of a government could get my "real" name in minutes and second BillRM is part of my "real" name.

My bet with NSA massive spying that would be milliseconds more then minutes for that matter.

Next are you claiming that Hamilton and Jefferson and Madison and Franklin and so on was all cowards for not using their "real" names when writing about public issues?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:28 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

First anyone with the resources of a government could get my "real" name in minutes and second BillRM is part of my "real" name.

Like I said...you do not even have the guts to use your real name here in this forum...so I would not be concerned about being "as brave and as patriotic as he was."

Oh, personally, I think he was neither.

Quote:
Next are you claiming that Hamilton and Jefferson and Madison and Franklin and so on was all cowards for not using their "real" names when writing about public issues?

No, I did not say that.

You were suggesting that you hope you would be brave enough to blah, blah, blah.

Don't give it any thought.

You aren't that brave...and it seems there's no danger of you getting that brave!
BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
So once more Hamilton, Jefferson, Madison and Franklin was cowards for not using their real names?

if I am a coward for not using my "real" name then by that logic those gentlemen are cowards also for doing the same thing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 04:40 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

So once more Hamilton, Jefferson, Madison and Franklin was cowards for not using their real names?

if I am a coward for not using my "real" name then by that logic those gentlemen are cowards also for doing the same thing.

Your logic sucks.

In any case, Edward Snowden is not patriotic...nor is he brave.

I think you hate the government of the US so much, the fact that Snowden brought some dirt our way is what you like so much about him.

I think you delighted in the dirt being thrown at us.

Anyway, I am not calling you or Snowden cowards. I am simply saying neither of you is showing particular bravery.
BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In any case, Edward Snowden is not patriotic...nor is he brave.

He is both and his actions was directed out of patriotic as he could had sold the information to a foreign nation for millions or ten of millions with a good hope of never being found out.

Instead he risk living out his life in some small cell in order to warn us what was happening under the government stamp of secretly.

Quote:
you hate the government of the US so much, the

Hating the hoodlums who had gotten themselves into power is not the same as hating the nation.

Hoover was a low down blackmailer with the FBI building name after him but that does not mean that due to that fact that I hate the US.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2015 08:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I think you hate the government of the US so much, the fact that Snowden brought some dirt our way is what you like so much about him.

Quote:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
Mark Twain

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mark_twain_2.html#OA7RrR3Ekr16ZzqL.99
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 04:43 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
Mark Twain

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mark_twain_2.html#OA7RrR3Ekr16ZzqL.99

You should have quit after the last post. I was giving you the last word...but you had to add more.

I am still laughing at your hope that you would be "brave and patriotic" as Edward Snowden...when Edward Snowden is neither brave nor patriotic...and YOU ARE FAR FROM BEING EITHER.

But maybe you intended to entertain. Bill.

You often do.

I thank you for that.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 06:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ok as I have no idea how you define being braved but I will let others decide if a man being willing on principles alone and driven by love of his country and the constitution would at best tear up a very comfort life and also knowingly risk spending the rest of his life in a small cell is or is not a damn brave man.

To me he is right there with the men and women who help runaway slaves knowing not only could they be jail for decades but even hung without trial for doing so.

Frank I can see you, in the 1840s, going after a conductor on the underground railroad who enter Canada with the agents of the slaveholders hot on his trail and telling us all he was not a brave man and should return to face a 'fair' trial in the south.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 07:17 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Ok as I have no idea how you define being braved but I will let others decide if a man being willing on principles alone and driven by love of his country and the constitution would at best tear up a very comfort life and also knowingly risk spending the rest of his life in a small cell is or is not a damn brave man.

To me he is right there with the men and women who help runaway slaves knowing not only could they be jail for decades but even hung without trial for doing so.

Frank I can see you, in the 1840s, going after a conductor on the underground railroad who enter Canada with the agents of the slaveholders hot on his trail and telling us all he was not a brave man and should return to face a 'fair' trial in the south.

Like I said...you ought not to be thinking about being as brave and patriotic as Edward Snowden.

For one...you are neither patriotic (I think you hate this country)...nor are you brave.

In any case, neither is he.

Olivier5

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 07:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
At the very least Frank, you should recognise that Snowden must have much smarts and courage to do what he did. You may disagree with him but why the need to demean him?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 07:30 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

At the very least Frank, you should recognise that Snowden must have much smarts and courage to do what he did. You may disagree with him but why the need to demean him?

I am not demeaning him.

Bill said (it is his opinion that) the man is brave and patriotic.

I am replying (it is my opinion that) he is neither brave nor patriotic.

He did what he did for his reasons.

Benedict Arnold did what he did for his reasons.

Neither of those men can be considered brave or patriotic...just because of what they did.

And for the record, I have stated repeatedly that Snowden is NOT a dummy.