Snowdon is a dummy

revelette2

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 07:34 am
@RABEL222,
Aw, well, guess your going to have to take my word for it.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:07 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It seems like most government's are ok with spying as long as it is someone else who is being spied on, including our own Senator Feinstein.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 12:57 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
It seems like most government's are ok with spying as long as it is someone else who is being spied on, including our own Senator Feinstein.

How true, Revelette. Senator Diane Feinstein serves on "The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence," and has known about NSA's mass spying for an appropriately long time; she was quite upset and angry to learn the CIA had spied on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence of which she presides as a prominent member. Yet, she is not against mass spying but wants an exemption for her own, or at least some form of balance.

NSA's mass spying did not receive a red flag regarding those three self-radicalized American girls before they skipped school to sneak off and join ISIS....Accordingly, they had done massive research on line on how to join the militant terrorist group. Two U.S. officials stated the girls had planned to join militants with ISIS, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria....the young ladies' parents informed the police and the police alerted the government who had their passports flagged.

It is certainly disturbing to realize that among you are people seriously intent on joining forces in a foreign country that wish to harm Americans.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:06 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
These girls were stopped over the weekend at Frankfurt Airport and sent home to their families ... because the parents via the US-General Consulate asked for it. No investigation was opened here, because there was no indication of criminal or terrorist activity.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:10 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
On 29 June 2014, ISIS renamed itself as the Islamic State (IS) - those two US officials should get updates.
BillRM

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
ISIS renamed itself as the Islamic State (IS) - those two US officials should get updates.

An why would anyone have an obligation to honor any changes of name those murderers come up with??
Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

On 29 June 2014, ISIS renamed itself as the Islamic State (IS) - those two US officials should get updates.

Thanks, Walter Hinteler.....You might want to send the US officials this update....To me, what they call themselves is totally irrelevant if it has no bearing on their terrorist actions.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
BillRM wrote:
An why would anyone have an obligation to honor any changes of name those murderers come up with??

Moment-in-Time wrote:
You might want to send the US officials this update....To me, what they call themselves is totally irrelevant if it has no bearing on their terrorist actions.
I think that at least officials should know the name of those they fight.

----------

But that wasn't the reason why they were stopped here. (If it had been, there would have been an investigation here.)
BillRM

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

So you think it matter that we honor any changes to their names they have announced?

Why????????
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:45 pm
@BillRM,
Ain't it the truth? Personally I think it is an insult to Muslims to dignify them as such. They should just be called what Muslim militant extremists and leave it at that.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

I'm slightly perplexed. Who said these two officials making the statement were in the right place to know this. It might have been mere speculation on their part when not speaking from a position of authority...we have congressmen speaking off the cuff all the time? By the way, why such an accent on something so trivial?! What seems to be your problem?

Why the nitpicking. Nobody is asking you to respond to my posts.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 01:52 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Nobody is asking you to respond to my posts.
Roger.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
Like when Fox News changed suicide bomber to homicide bomber.

That was a real game changer.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 02:42 pm
Quote:
Meeting in Berlin, Chancellor Merkel and John Kerry have lauded the US-German alliance. Twenty-five years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, they also acknowledged the threat to peace posed by the ongoing Ukraine crisis.
[...]
The friendly tone gave the impression that the recent NSA spying scandal, which has considerably strained US-German relations, was all but forgotten.
[...]
Source
revelette2

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 03:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, that is good they were able to put the differences aside as there are a lot of important issues at stake.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:09 pm
I think a lot you will find the below article interesting.

Edward Snowden and the Golden Age of Spying: Interview with Laura Poitras
JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:15 pm
@revelette2,
You live in a sick sick country, Rev. Doesn't it make you proud to be an American?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:17 pm
@revelette2,
Here's another that's interesting. Indicative of just how sick the USA is, always has been.

George Will Confirms
Nixon’s Vietnam Treason
by BOB FITRAKIS & HARVEY WASSERMAN

Richard Nixon was a traitor.

READ ON AT,

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/08/13/nixons-vietnam-treason/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:27 pm
@revelette2,
This paragraph helps to clarify why mass data collection is not warranted and dangerous.

Quote:
I think one of the most shocking things is how little our elected officials knew about what the NSA was doing. Congress is learning from the reporting and that’s staggering. Snowden and [former NSA employee] William Binney, who’s also in the film as a whistleblower from a different generation, are technical people who understand the dangers. We laypeople may have some understanding of these technologies, but they really grasp the dangers of how they can be used. One of the most frightening things, I think, is the capacity for retroactive searching, so you can go back in time and trace who someone is in contact with and where they’ve been. Certainly, when it comes to my profession as a journalist, that allows the government to trace what you’re reporting, who you’re talking to, and where you’ve been. So no matter whether or not I have a commitment to protect my sources, the government may still have information that might allow them to identify whom I’m talking to.
revelette2

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
This paragraph helps to clarify why mass data collection is not warranted and dangerous.

I happen to agree the more I look at it. I don't blame anyone, it just does not seem to do what it is intended to.

(I do blame whoever is to be blamed for the past torture and the now continued drone usage if the drones kill innocent people more than the intended targets. I think Obama was wrong in not wanting to "look back" on the torture issue.)