Snowdon is a dummy

Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I have read what ci writes and never saw one single hint of hatred for the place he lives in, only for the way it is governed. You are just taking a cheap dishonest shot at him. And of course you cannot prove any of it... Cheap.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I get respect from the people I respect, just like you...
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:16 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I have read what ci writes and never saw one single hint of hatred for the place he lives in, only for the way it is governed. You are just taking a cheap dishonest shot at him. And of course you cannot prove any of it... Cheap.

If you do not see it...you are being selectively blind.

My shots at ci are neither cheap not dishonest.

But as I said, I don't think you really think that. You are just reacting the way you usually do to the rebuttal I am making, because any rebuttal from me seems to push so many of your buttons.

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:18 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I get respect from the people I respect...

As I said...you must get precious little of it.

Quote:
...just like you...

As I also said...I get plenty of respect.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, we're all stupid at a level or another. It's all relative. I'm stupid compared to those that are smarter than me. But you can't possibly be THAT stupid as to not understand that ci means, even when it's explained to you by others, using simple words as one would explain a child. You're just pretending to be stupid. That's my point.

Now go ahead and pretend that you don't understand me.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Please enlighten me then. Quote one of his MANY MANY posts where you see him detesting America.

But you can't.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:26 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Well, we're all stupid at a level or another. It's all relative. I'm stupid compared to those that are smarter than me. But you can't possibly be THAT stupid as to not understand that ci means, even when it's explained to you by others, using simple words as one would explain a child. You're just pretending to be stupid. That's my point.

Now go ahead and pretend that you don't understand me.

I understand you probably better than you understand yourself, Olivier. A psychologist might help level that playing field.

ci has bad-mouthed this country regularly in post after post. He claims there is no cure for the government...he is not even going to vote for national candidates he is so sure of that.

If you want to suppose that silly distinction between country and government actually is a difference...do so. I suggest, as respectfully as possible, that any considerations you have in that regard come less from an actual difference...as from a compulsive need to disagree with me.

Do with that what you will. I am enjoying watching you battle with yourself here.

Anyway...I gotta go for now. Very early morning tomorrow...so I am going to hit the sack with a Killer Sudoku. Be back to continue the schoolyard nonsense with you in the morning.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If you want to suppose that silly distinction between country and government actually is a difference...do so.

It does amount to a big difference, and you know that. You're just lying again...
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:42 pm
@Olivier5,
CI doesn't despise his country, he wants rather emotionally to bring it back, as do many of us. I'm sorry he oft does it by yelling, but I get that, especially yelling re Frank. Still, not good debate form, but I get why.

Belize! Please pm me with such notations as wouldn't compromise you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:47 pm
@Olivier5,
This is the kind of opinion by Frank that drives me up the wall!
Quote:
I understand you probably better than you understand yourself, Olivier.

What condescending bull shyt! He can't see it.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:08 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree it's bad form, and also that it Frank deserves all the s..t he gets. In fact he is enticing it, as it allows him to think he is pressing people's buttons.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And that's exactly what he wants to do: make his opponent lose his cool. I'm just ignoring this condescending BS.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:54 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
If you want to suppose that silly distinction between country and government actually is a difference...do so.

It does amount to a big difference, and you know that. You're just lying again...

I am not lying, but since you need to call people liars to feel good about yourself...please indulge. But this is a difference of opinion we are having...not an example of either of us lying.

Our country is its government...and our government is a direct result of our voting. If you hate the government...you essentially hate the electorate. If you say, as ci says, that nobody can be in government here and do a decent job...then you are saying the place disgusts you.

The thing a person with spine would do...is to leave.

If you want to suppose because he likes the trees and beaches he should stay...fine.

I don't mind a good laugh.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 04:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

This is the kind of opinion by Frank that drives me up the wall!
Quote:
I understand you probably better than you understand yourself, Olivier.

What condescending bull shyt! He can't see it.

Perhaps a bit condescending...but almost certainly the truth anyway. Olivier is not defending you to defend you (or asserting that I am a liar or that he thinks what I am saying is completely wrong). He is defending you to oppose me, ci.

I suspect he does not see that (...but then again, as I said in my last post...I enjoy a good laugh!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:00 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I agree it's bad form, and also that it Frank deserves all the s..t he gets. In fact he is enticing it, as it allows him to think he is pressing people's buttons.

Oh, I am pressing your buttons, Olivier. You should be able to see that...but once again, I probably see those kinds of things about you better than you do yourself.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:00 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

And that's exactly what he wants to do: make his opponent lose his cool. I'm just ignoring this condescending BS.

Yeah...sure you are!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Our country is its government...and our government is a direct result of our voting. If you hate the government...you essentially hate the electorate.

That is a radical leap. I can hate the government and have no issue with an electorate that was given a choice between two candidates with little real information to make a decision and millions spent to distort their opinions.
Frank Apisa wrote:

If you say, as ci says, that nobody can be in government here and do a decent job...then you are saying the place disgusts you.

??? Ummm no. In 2010, North Carolina elected a ridiculous, backwards state government. I love the place but I can clearly recognize poor government and work to make it better.

The argument that if you love the country you must love the government is not only silly but dangerous. Sometimes if you love your country you have to speak out against your government.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:21 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Our country is its government...and our government is a direct result of our voting. If you hate the government...you essentially hate the electorate.

That is a radical leap. I can hate the government and have no issue with an electorate that was given a choice between two candidates with little real information to make a decision and millions spent to distort their opinions.

Then the government still is the electorate's fault, Engineer. The electorate must educate itself...and choose without allowing anyone to buy the votes.

Democracy is not easy...and governments are manned by people. People OFTEN put themselves and their families before their duty to others.

Under any circumstances...I do not see you here day after day ripping into America in post after post.

Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

If you say, as ci says, that nobody can be in government here and do a decent job...then you are saying the place disgusts you.

??? Ummm no. In 2010, North Carolina elected a ridiculous, backwards state government. I love the place but I can clearly recognize poor government and work to make it better.

And I suspect one way to do that is to vote for better government. ci is saying he will not vote anymore for national office, because he thinks it cannot get any better. Yes, he is, in effect, saying that the place disgusts him.

You obviously think it can get better.

Quote:
The argument that if you love the country you must love the government is not only silly but dangerous.

It certainly is...and I, for one, would never make that argument.

Are you suggesting I have?

Quote:

Sometimes if you love your country you have to speak out against your government.

Which I do...and often. I can show you copies of op ed pieces and letters to the editor (dozens upon dozens of them) that I have had published in newspapers across this country...AND in England...doing just that.

My name is on each of those op ed pieces and letters (as it is here)...not some silly "Cicerone Imposter" alias that people like ci use on the Internet.

And at no point have I stooped to calling people who disagree with me stupid, idiots, morons, ignorant, uninformed...as ci does so very, very often in his posts.

I disagree with the thrust of what you have suggested here, Engineer...but I thank you sincerely for sharing your thoughts.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:25 am
@engineer,
Quote:
That is a radical leap. I can hate the government and have no issue with an electorate that was given a choice between two candidates with little real information to make a decision and millions spent to distort their opinions.[... ]

The argument that if you love the country you must love the government is not only silly but dangerous. Sometimes if you love your country you have to speak out against your government.

Well said, and deserves a reposting.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 06:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Well said!

And even better responded to!