What is the cause of existence?

Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 03:07 pm
A cause to existence would precede existence or be outside of existence. Therefore such a cause does not exist.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 08:35 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Its blanks and dazzles ones mind to entertain the OP idea that causes don't exist...

It seems I have to repeat this comment..."cause of existence" the OP says...what the hell is cause out of existence ???
0 Replies

north

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:56 pm

Energy and mass
0 Replies

spooky24

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 06:45 am
@Setanta,
Where ever you cut, copy and paste that from it is wrong.

Qafzen Jebel has left little doubt that climate change was the main factor in their decline.http://i64.tinypic.com/2pqmet3.jpg
[/img]

They were wise enough to understand tidal effects and lived for 50,000 or more just from the sea. Other than climate change there is really not much of a theory. There are 80 complete neanderthalensis specimens and they vary in ways-age in particular-that are totally baffling.
The difference between neanderthalensis from 300,000 years ago and the more recent-30,000-years is mind boggling. The pigment in the skin color-the bright red hair-the wearing of clothing-sexual dimorphism-just to name a few.
There is no evidence of violence in any of these specimens.
BillW

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2017 04:43 pm
Existence:
1. the fact or state of existing; being. 2. the continuance or maintenance of life; living, esp in adverse

https://www.livescience.com/13363-7-theories-origin-life.html

"
Electric sparks can generate amino acids and sugars from an atmosphere loaded with water, methane, ammonia and hydrogen, as was shown in the famous Miller-Urey experiment reported in 1953, suggesting that lightning might have helped create the key building blocks of life on Earth in its early days."
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 06:35 am
@spooky24,
Blast from the past... :-)
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 11:47 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
A cause to existence would precede existence or be outside of existence. Therefore does not exist.
You are assuming there is nothing that can exist outside of the universe you are observing. Do you know that to be true?
Olivier5

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 01:04 pm
@brianjakub,
No, I am saying that something that exists outside of this universe, does EXIST. How could something existing be the cause of existence?
brianjakub

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2017 05:02 pm
@Olivier5,
Now I feel stupid.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 12:44 am
@brianjakub,
Happens to me all the time.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 06:29 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
No, I am saying that something that exists outside of this universe, does EXIST. How could something existing be the cause of existence?

It would have to be there always without a beginning. The Alpha and maybe the Omega, the uncaused cause, the first idea. Doesn't make much sense for something that important to not leave some evidence. Even Henry Ford left the model T. Even the super intelligent aliens left the Great Pyramid of Giza (according to the show "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel anyway). Even the Mayans left their calendar. Surely there would be something big that requires a lot of intelligence to build that would give us a clue that someone was here at one time in the past that could do some amazing design work. Where could it be?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 12:47 am
@brianjakub,
He left a number of books. Unfortunately they contradicts one another.

The pyramidS of Gizeh were built by men. The History Channel is rubish, always has been.

Yes, a creator would have to be eternal, in order to avoid having to be created himself. There can be no cause for his existence. But you can apply the very same trick to the universe itself: if the universe existed of all eternity, it was never created... Thus gods are unecessary hypotheses.
BillW

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 12:56 am
@Olivier5,
But, god is dead!
Olivier5

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 01:53 am
@BillW,
Hey Bill. I thought YOU were dead...
brianjakub

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 06:36 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The pyramidS of Gizeh were built by men. The History Channel is rubish, always has been.
(in your opinion) It has been argued, quite convincingly, that men of that time did not have the technology to build them. We have less evidence that men had the technology to build the Great Pyramid than we do of a Designer of the universe. There appears to be more design to the universe than anything man has designed. Physical appearances or physical evidence is all science is looking for. What do you see when you look at a universe as vast as ours, where the speed of light is a constant, gravity inexplicably exists, and an atom of every element on one side of the universe is the same as every element on the other side of the universe, millions of light years away?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 07:23 am
@brianjakub,
No, the History Channel IS rubish, full stop. He who listens to them and give credence to them will lose his sanity. Always.

I've been at Gizeh, and seen plenty of evidence that ancient Egyptians built the three pyramids there all by themselves, and zero evidence of aliens.

The problem with guys like you is that you're incapable of marveling without hitting the "god button". You see an ancient marvel like the Gizeh pyramids, and boom! you press the alien key. You see a marvelous universe, and boom! it must be that there are gods all over the place...

These are knee-jerk reactions to marvels.

I marvel too, but without losing my mind over it; without seeking refuge in a god because there are things I don't understand, without invoking aliens each and everytime I find something counterintuitive. I love mysteries more than facile, superficial explanations, i guess.
BillW

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 08:11 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Hey Bill. I thought YOU were dead...

I have risen! or is it arose?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 08:17 am
The pyramids were built by math, engineering and many, many slaves. Nothing truly other worldly there. All child build things with blocks. There is no irrefutable evidence that aliens ever had a distinctive presence on earth. Something as big as a pyramid being build would leave a big footprint.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 09:40 pm
@BillW,
It has logically argued that the stones are to large and precisely placed for the technology available at the time of their construction.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 09:45 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't think aliens did it either. I just would like a logical explanation.