“I am not omniscient, but I know a lot.”

neologist

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 01:00 pm
Well, if the folks a Cern are correct, and the Higgs Particle has indeed been found, it is evidence of the Higgs Field. So in the end we may say with some certainty "the universe is".

At least mine is.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 08:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
The phrase "I know that I know nothing" or "I know one thing: that I know nothing" (Ancient Greek: ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα hèn oîda hóti oudèn oîda; Latin: scio me nihil scire or scio me nescire), sometimes called the Socratic paradox, is a well-known saying that is derived from Plato's account of the Greek philosopher Socrates. This saying is also connected and/or conflated with the answer Socrates is said to have received from Pythia, the oracle of Delphi, in answer to the question "who is the wisest man in Greece?".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is understood that we cannot know everything. On the other hand why do so many insist that we know nothing?
Imo it's pure nonsens, and has no scientific height, or least the same height that Buddah proclaimed himself the "enlightend" because he understood some nonsens.

Then the sheeple will parrot the same "wisdom" (stupidity).

There are no deeper meaning in it, other what naive people "wants" to find and see, ending up being nothing but the Emperor's New Clothes all over. Quite sad and tragic, we will always have utterly stupid and naive people.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 10:42 am
Re reading this thread. There is an abundance of well stated posts here. Yet it is considered humor.

On a broad scale, can you perceive the theological implications?
dalehileman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:22 am
@neologist,
Quote:
On a broad scale, can you perceive the theological implications?
Neo, She has a sense of humor
neologist

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 06:04 pm
@dalehileman,
Well, I was laughing.
0 Replies