Paragraph correction

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 10:31 pm
Please check my paragraph below this sentence.

Priceless by Stephanie Meyer is a wonderful urban fantasy book. The story starts off with the heroine taking a missing child case. Her problems with the law increase as soon as she does take the case. The characters are excellent. Usually, I find the hero is a bit of a disappointment but not this time. Meyer main character is funny, tough, smart, caring, etc. Spoiler. One of my favorite scenes is of an FBI agent who has been hounding her for the disappearance of her sister. She finally gets fed up with his tirade, and gives him a big kiss. Her dialogue after she kisses him made me laugh. I could picture his face and hers as she went back to her vehicle. It was one of those gotcha moments. There were many good scenes, but I won't ruin the book for those who haven’t read it, yet. Meyer's characters are believable, and the book has a fast pace, good plot, excellent dialogues and surprises.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 755 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 08:04 am
@learning100,
Yes, I can definitely confirm that it is a paragraph.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 09:53 am
@learning100,
100 I don't think you'll achieve much response since most of us suppose you want us to rewrite your homework assignment. You might have better luck asking for comment of a more general sort, at the same time making it much clearer what you expect. However

"Priceless" by Stephanie Meyer, a wonderful urban fantasy, commences with the heroine (an ambitious lady lawyer named Freezie Comaparts trying to establish a new practice, etc) taking a missing child case but soon encountering totally unforeseen problems with the law. The characters are excellent. Usually (in Meyers' novels) (in stories of this sort) for instance I find the hero a bit of a disappointment--but not here. Meyer's protagonist is funny, tough, smart, caring, but a spoiler.

One of my favorite scenes has an FBI agent hounding her for her performance in another matter when he finally gets fed up with his tirade and gives him a big kiss as a token of goodbye. Her dialogue followiong this incident is especially funny.

There were many such rollicking scenes. It was another of those gotcha moments picturing their faces as she returned to her vehicle. Characters are believable with a fast pace, good plot, excellent dialogues, and a few surprises to boot.
learning100

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 11:37 am
@dalehileman,
Thank you, dalehileman. You're right I didn't explain what I wanted. This is a review for Amazon.com. I just wanted to know if my grammar is correct. I do like your words much better, but I only wanted to know if I made any mistakes with my grammar. Thank you for the help!
dalehileman

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 12:32 pm
@learning100,
Aha 100 if just rudiment grammar, punct, etc then

"Priceless" by Stephanie Meyer…… Meyer's main character……., caring, etc., a spoiler…… tirade(,) and (comma optional)…...one of those gotcha moments…...haven’t read it(,) yet (I wouldn't have used this one)…….has a fast pace, good plot, excellent dialogues(,) and surprises (unless surprises also excellent)
learning100

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 01:21 pm
@dalehileman,
Thank you again. I have a question to ask. The comma between dialogues (,) and surprises. Do you mean a comma goes in between the two words even with and in the middle? Or should I take the "and" out.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 01:44 pm
@learning100,
Quote:
Do you mean a comma goes in between the two words even with and in the middle?
There are two schools of thought. In mine, yes because without it "excellent" could modify "surprises"

Quote:
Or should I take the "and" out.
That would be okay too but then of course you'd absolutely still need the comma
0 Replies

SaeKyung

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:09 am
Hello, everyone I am new to this forum site. I found this site very interesting and where I can get valuable information about my relevant topic. Now-a-days people are very cautious for learning error free English. Here everyone is sharing their valuable advice and suggestion.
0 Replies