Another anti government threat episode, this time with a burrito

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 11:20 am
Read all about it here:

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/man-arrested-for-threatening-abq-fbi-building-with-burrito-bomb
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,150 • Replies: 9

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 11:45 am
@ossobuco,
High fiber terrorism! The worst kind?

Just curious? What kind of beans did he use? Pinto beans? Kidney beans? Or Black beans?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 12:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
My guess is Pinto. Or maybe Anasazi.

Ugh, this one is close to us here in Abq. That's a somewhat famously problematic motel (not the chain itself, but that exact motel).
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 01:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Question A burrito bomb? Can it be classified as a dirty bomb? Surprised Question
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 01:21 pm
Quote:
Investigators say 50-year-old Brian DeMarco made two threats on federal buildings from the Super 8 motel off of Coors Boulevard.

You gotta think that anybody who would stay in a Super 8 Motel ( for more than two hours. Ahem.) wouldn't be much of a threat to any agency of the USA.
I think Coors and it's Silver Bullets might have had something to do with the plotting.

I, myself, did find myself sitting near a motel pool at four in the morning at times in my life and yes, whoever was still there at that hour, was fully capable of hatching a foolproof plan to..... well, I'm not going to tell you now, just let's say this:

Disco died but it didn't die because it wanted to.

Joe(shhhhh)Nation
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 07:08 pm
@Joe Nation,
Nuts, I read too fast. I meant the Motel 6 (or is it 8) off of the I40 further east. Heh. That's the more famous one in the news here.

hamburgboy

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 07:57 pm
@ossobuco,
a portrait of the criminal ;

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/toonerman/toonerman1211/toonerman121100010/16413105-a-happy-cartoon-burrito-enchilada-tamale-etc-vector-and-high-resolution-jpeg-files-available.jpg
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:14 am
@ossobuco,
From your article:

Investigators say he told them he was angry at the U.S. Government because he believed it had “placed a tracking device inside his head” in addition to “beaming photons into his head.”

He also told them he has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder.
~~~~

This man shouldn't be arrested; he should be committed. He's obviously not taking his meds. Hopefully he'll get them if he goes to prison.

It's pretty scary when you think of how many mentally unbalanced people are wandering around out there.
BillRM

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 09:27 am
@Mame,
Quote:
This man shouldn't be arrested; he should be committed. He's obviously not taking his meds. Hopefully he'll get them if he goes to prison.

We never seems to run out of the willingness to build more prisons but can not find the means to fund mental treatment facilities.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2013 10:25 am
@BillRM,
Right you are. Couldn't agree more.
0 Replies