Martin/Zimmerman Case: Jury Selection

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 08:00 am
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-day-4-20130613,0,1822073,full.story?csade

Quote:
SANFORD — A middle-aged housewife in a hot-pink jacket — a prospective juror in the George Zimmerman trial — bluntly told attorneys Thursday that she believes he is innocent and that Trayvon Martin, the teenager he shot, was a troubled young man looking for a fight.

"I know his family loved him," said the woman. "He probably just started going with the wrong crowd. They probably didn't know about it."

She then gave a recitation of some of the most reputation-damaging things found on Trayvon's cellphone: a photo of a semiautomatic handgun; one of growing marijuana plants; a text he sent, describing a fight in which he took part.............

A polarizing case like this one is very good candidate for being decided by the jury selection. In fact, if both sides do as good a job as possible during jury selection, the expected result will likely be a hung jury.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,755 • Replies: 3
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 09:34 am
@gungasnake,
That lady said exactly what I would say if I were a perspective juror on this case.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 09:39 am
@maxdancona,
Yup. Serve on that jury? No, thank you.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 11:03 am

The jury:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/21/zimmerman-jury/2444883/

Doesn't sound to me like the government has any chance of winning this one.
0 Replies