Reply Sat 8 Jun, 2013 08:24 pm
i don't understand them.. they want me to act my age but every time i make plans and decisions for myself, they don't support me.. they always discourage me.. >.< i don't know what to do with them anymore.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,112 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 02:42 pm
@randomthoughts22,
Yeah, we parents are like that. So controlling. Of course, it could be that they think your decisions/plans are not healthy or in your best interest. Maybe if you sit down with them and discuss your decisions/plans with them they would tell you why they are not supportive of you.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 12:41 pm
@randomthoughts22,
Quote:
they want me to act my age
…..which is…..
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 12:51 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
they want me to act my age
…..which is…..

Excellent question Dale.

If your asking for advice Random, we kind of need to know what your limits are. Can't tell a teenager living at home to utterly ignore his/her parents when he/she's living under their roof.

You can tell a twentysomething or older to pay no heed to their hypercontrolling parents but with this challenge he/she will lose any chance of living at his parents house but oh the freedom you'll suffer then.

Have you considered that your parents have pondered your well thought out plans and figured you are biting far more then you can chew? So what exactly constitutes these life plans that you have designed for your future?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 02:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you Tsar. Typically for a q of that sort, venting some sort of insatiable resentment they usu descend upon me like a hive of killer bees, accusing me of every possible mental deficiency or intrusiveness
vikorr

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 04:39 pm
@dalehileman,
bzzzz zzzz zzzzz zzzzzzz zzz zz zzzzz
jespah

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 06:11 am
@vikorr,
This problem has been around since the 80s. And maybe before that, but that was a prehistoric time.
0 Replies