neologist

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 07:24 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
The God of the Bible's adversary in many cases acts more moral and compassionate...

Even the Bible itself admits this...
Really, Rex?
You will have to show that.
RexRed

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 07:41 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
The God of the Bible's adversary in many cases acts more moral and compassionate...

Even the Bible itself admits this...
Really, Rex?
You will have to show that.

I thought you'd ask...

Remember the sacrifices of the old testament that God demanded of people then, in later verses said he never really asked for?

Romans 8:20
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

"the creature" is God...

There are many more biblical examples of God's, err, vanity...

I am a jealous God... etc etc etc.

Is this your God Neo?
neologist

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 01:14 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Remember the sacrifices of the old testament that God demanded of people then, in later verses said he never really asked for?

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Not really. The law had a purpose to be fulfilled by Christ:
Quote:
23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.(Galatians 3: 23-25)
RexRed wrote:
"the creature" is God...
Really? You surmise the creator and the creature to be one and the same?
RexRed wrote:
There are many more biblical examples of God's, err, vanity...

I am a jealous God... etc etc etc.
Is jealousy always bad, Rex? I would certainly be jealous if someone were to make pass at my wife.
RexRed wrote:
Is this your God Neo?
I think you do not know me or my God very well, Rex.
spendius

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 03:56 am
@neologist,
Quote:
I would certainly be jealous if someone were to make pass at my wife.

On what grounds?
neologist

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 03:18 pm
@spendius,
Perhaps on me squashing the fellow into the ground Exclamation
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 03:26 pm
I thought JW's didn't like wars and fighting?
PS- I've seen some nice JW women on youtube, for two pins I'd join the JW's myself..Smile
Meantime, if JW's come knocking my door anytime, I'd be delighted to invite them in for a chat and a cuppa as long as they were female..Smile
RexRed

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 03:51 pm
@neologist,
You got to do better than that Neo.

So let's say Jesus fulfilled the law, so what now?

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Comment:
So how does that leave "the creature" of the law?

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Comment: Is/was the law imperfect? It does say not say the old laws will be incorporated into the new laws it says they shall be "done away". Sounds terminal... And what of the God of these laws? Shall this God be done away too?

If the law was imperfect then what of the God of the law?

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Comment: Your linear view of an unchanging God seems a bit flawed.

The implication is there was always a perfect God masquerading under inferior systems of belief and practice.

Thus the perception of this God's "law" is in hindsight as a crude creature of human invention.
RexRed

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 03:59 pm
@neologist,
Just one thought. You don't get jealous when someone makes a pass at your wife you get jealous when she accept their advances. Just a tip.

A pass at your wife is a form of flattery. Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 04:59 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Perhaps on me squashing the fellow into the ground

You would do that for your golf clubs.

You're only justification is that she should, or damned well ought to, be content with your attentions for the rest of her life which obviously grants you permission to not have to be very strenuous about it.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:12 am
Admittedly random:

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/10298891_558205690944989_7800363517027477258_n_zps163fa419.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 09:56 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Correct translation is "creation"
neologist

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 10:00 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Comment: Is/was the law imperfect? It does say not say the old laws will be incorporated into the new laws it says they shall be "done away". Sounds terminal... And what of the God of these laws? Shall this God be done away too?
The law did what it was created to do. It identified the messiah as he was the only one who could follow it. Once complete, we are no longer under law. Good thing, too. Otherwise, many of us would have been stoned to death by now.
neologist

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 10:01 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Careful, I'm jealous. And my upper arms are as large as your thighs.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:10 pm
@neologist,
Yeah mate we know you claim to have been a champion weightlifter, maybe you'd care to give us an internet link or two so's we can check it out?..Wink
neologist

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 02:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Big gun show at the Tacoma Dome this coming weekend. 1000 tables, but I'm the one with the fire starters. Come over and we'll talk.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 03:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You can put up here Romeo--

Quote:
Travelodge at Port of Tacoma
3518 Pacific Hwy East
Tacoma (Fife), WA 98424
Recreate and Hibernate in our newly remodeled rooms featuring complimentary breakfast. Located in Fife just minutes away from the Tacoma Dome. Call (253) 922-0550 for reservations.

With your knees I suggest you check what "just minutes" means.
neologist

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 06:05 pm
@spendius,
It's quite a fine venue:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-j9JE6allW3c/UDzwWwW9ZMI/AAAAAAAAAV8/CyzaPtbqNUU/s1600/!tacoma+dome1++job+812050.bmp

There is a Best Western Hotel about 50 meters to the left of the photo.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 06:49 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Big gun show at the Tacoma Dome this coming weekend. 1000 tables, but I'm the one with the fire starters. Come over and we'll talk.

We hard men don't do 'fire' and 'guns' mate, I've camped all over the place and never needed either..Smile
PS- I strut my wit and intellect here as 'Lucky Jim', it's an American forum and a lot of them are gun owners who are uptight and half-neurotic in case the government take their guns off 'em, and I thought owning a gun was supposed to bring peace of mind, ha ha!

http://www.prepperforums.net/
neologist

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 08:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You say you know preppers who don't need fire?
Interesting.
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 09:05 pm
@neologist,
The view is beautiful
Had dinner once at the Space Needle. The view from there was awesome!
0 Replies