Did God Condone the Slave Trade?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 03:07 pm
Moses iced an egyptian slave-driver, hid his body, then organised a mass escape of Jewish slaves and went on the run with them under God's protection. God didn't say to him "you shouldn't have killed him so i'm leaving you to hang out to dry".Smile

MOSES (to Egyptian foreman) - "Hey mister, maybe you'd like to stop beating up that poor slave and try me on fer size?"
EGYPTIAN - "You talk mighty big mister, but can you walk the walk?"
MOSES - "Your move"..
Bam!....Bam!...Bam!...Bam!
EGYPTIAN (dying) "ugh..i'll get a good nights sleep tonight..."
ONLOOKER - "Hey Mose you'd better git outta town real fast, Pharoah's gonna be comin after yer fer sure"..
MOSES - "I know it old-timer, I'm a-headin fer them thar hills"
PHAROAH (on hearing the news) "Looks like we got ourselves a fugitive..Average foot speed over uneven ground, barring injury, is four miles an hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want out of each and everyone of you is a hard target search of every residence, warehouse, farmhouse, hen house, outhouse and doghouse in that area.
Go get him!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. Glancing this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand" (Exodus 2:11)
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 04:49 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
Did God Condone the Slave Trade?

There's no question about it. Deuteronomy 15:12- defines the kosher treatment of fellow Hebrew slaves. Leviticus 25:44- defines the kosher treatment of both Israelite and goyish slaves.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 06:27 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Complete bullshit. Slaves didn't build the pyramids, the Egyptians built them themselves. Try reading a reliable source for once. (Hint, the Bible is not a reliable source.)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 11:04 am
The Pharoahs roped in Israelis as slaves because they needed every swinging dick they could get in the field to build their stupid pyramids, that's why Moses said "**** this, we're outta here!" and organised the Great Escape.
As for ordinary Egyptians, they were roped in too as slaves and forced labour, even the ancient Greek historian Herodotus said so.
Of course, modern politically-correct Egyptologist fanboys try to play down the fact that the Pharoahs were cruel slave-drivers.
The skeletons of the Egyptian workers show evidence of arthritis and back problems due to a life of hard toil through lugging big stones and stuff around, it was a job nobody would willingly do unless at the point of a whip.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 12:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Complete bullshit. Repeating bullshit doesn't make it any less so.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 12:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The Greek historian Herodotus tells us that the Great Pyramid was built by 100,000 slaves who 'laboured constantly and were relieved every three months by a fresh gang'. He is, however, wrong. King Khufu - 4th Dynasty ruler of Egypt - the royal responsible for the commissioning of the Great Pyramid, did not have a vast body of slaves at his disposal, and even if he had, there was no way that 100,000 could work simultaneously on one pyramid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/egyptians/pyramid_builders_01.shtml
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 01:24 pm
Modern pol-correct lefty ****-for-brains historians like to try re-writing history to make godless heathen nations such as Egypt look good.
For example when Mel Gibson's film "Apocalypto" about the Mayan civilisation was released they wet their pants because he portrayed the Mayans for what they were, a primitive cruel bloodthirsty race of savages..
I mean just look at 'em, they'd rip yer heart out so much as look at yer-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/apocalyptoA_zps912d72d1.jpg~original

Thank God the Spanish went over there and bust their asses bigtime..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ApocalyptoB_zpscaebd28e.jpg~original
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/apocalyptoC_zps43cb6034.jpg~original
izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 03:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
******* idiots who refuse to believe the evidence of their own eyes still cling to ridiculous notions.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 03:36 pm
Recent archaeology in Egypt has uncovered a village in which resided about 20,000 craftsmen and family members, and who cutlivated fields outside the town to feed themselves. One doesn't build works of monumental architecture with ignorant and unwilling slaves. It's enough for some idiots that the bobble says so, they don't need no steenking evidence.

Quote:
When one thinks of Egypt, one's mind is generally drawn to the vision of the three monumental Pyramids and accompanying Sphinx that stand on the Giza plateau near modern Cairo. If one travels to Giza, one will probably learn that there were subsidiary pyramids for the great wives, and remnants of the temples connected to the pyramids.

One might wonder how these wonders were built, visions of the various Hollywood versions of the constructions, with thousands of foreign slaves huddled under the whips of cruel overseers, dancing through one's brain.

Such was never the case. There were slaves to be sure, throughout the Near East. Slaves acquired as prisoners of war, slaves made due to debt. But the pyramids were monuments of the Kings, monuments to their connection with the gods, to their ascent into the afterlife with the gods. The pyramids and their temples were part of the royal cult, and required the dedication and devotion of craftsmen and laborers who believed in their King and their gods. Slaves there may have been. But the pyramids were built by Egyptians, by stonemasons, artisans, artists and craftsmen. While skilled craftsmen and management staff worked year round, farmers would come from the provinces during the inundation period to do the heavy work.

Source at Tour Egypt-dot-net

Here's more information on the Giza workers' village from the National Geographic Society.

Finding this kind of reliable information online, rather than in somebody's version of the bobble ain't rocket science.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 04:32 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Thank God the Spanish went over there and bust their asses bigtime..Smile
Your true personality is showing.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 04:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
The Pharoahs roped in Israelis as slaves because they needed every swinging dick they could get in the field to build their stupid pyramids, that's why Moses said "**** this, we're outta here!" and organised the Great Escape.
And here you show your abyssmal lack of Bible understanding. The Jews were conscripted to make bricks.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 07:04 pm
Neologist wrote- "@RF- you show your abyssmal lack of Bible understanding. The Jews were conscripted to make bricks"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know, and so does everybody else who's seen the film 'The 10 Commandments', but they were still slaves no matter whether they were making pyramids, bricks or ice cream sundaes!
As for "understanding the bible", it's about time you and your satanic Jehovah's Witness chums signed up for some sunday school classes and went to sit with the kiddies to help you ditch your crackpot notions that Jesus was crucified on a pole, and that church spires, Christmas, Easter, birthdays and transfusions are evil.
You've already admitted you're not the sharpest tool in the box..Wink-

"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" Neologist 21 Sep 013 in the "If the soul is immortal why do christians believe in hell?" thread.
0 Replies