Overhuman Architecture - Translating Nietzsche's philosophy into arhitecture

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 05:09 pm
Hi All
I am an architect, interested in Nietzsche philosophy, and researching to create an architecture for Overhuman. I have read all his books and has a clear idea about Nietzsche's thought and overhuman character but it would be great to have other's opinion about it. So what type of space do you think overhuman desire?
Best
Iraj
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,273 • Replies: 12
No top replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 08:57 pm
@iraj2829,
How about a cave in Persia--next door to Zarathustra?
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 30 May, 2013 11:04 pm
@iraj2829,
Have you seen the first Matrix movie? Did you see where Neo was pulled from the mechanics of the Matrix. That, to me, is the epitome of Bauhaus.

Rap
fresco

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 03:21 am
@iraj2829,
Parc de la Villette in Paris, was partially based on Derrida's philosophy which was influenced by his reading of Nietzche. You might find some inspiration by researching this.
Setanta

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 03:33 am
We were just absolutely overrun by overhumans until open season was declared. Hell, even the homeless guys got into the fun!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 09:40 am
@raprap,
The Bauhaus, as I understand it, was the epitome of Modernism; Nietzsche the Santo Patron of Post-Modernism. Question
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 04:22 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Have you seen the first Matrix movie? Did you see where Neo was pulled from the mechanics of the Matrix. That, to me, is the epitome of Bauhaus.

Rap
I had forgotten about that. Scary
0 Replies

iraj2829

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 06:08 pm
@fresco,
I know that project but I do think post structuralist or deconstructivist ever appreciate overhuman as they should. To me Derrida got to the point that he come close only to the nihilsm state of Nietzsche philosophy.
0 Replies

iraj2829

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 06:13 pm
Modernism is far away from Nietzsche's philosophy and postmodern or deconstruction are only close to the nihilism state where any structure is removed but there is no new creativity. They disturb convention and order and leave it however overhuman is a destroyer and creator.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 07:10 pm
@iraj2829,
As far as I'm concerned Nietzsche's "nihilism state" was the necessary rejection of absolutism (God is dead), making room for the freedom for humans to create their own reality--to be the gods of their own life..
iraj2829

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 07:35 pm
@JLNobody,
That's correct. Nihilism state is the liberation from authorities such as God, morality, religion, ....
But I think postmodernism stuck in that groundless state (nihilism) while Nietzsche says that nihilsm stand at the door and overhuman move toward action, experimentation and creativity. He keeps insists on that overhuman is a creator.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 31 May, 2013 07:52 pm
@iraj2829,
...yeah the useful and convenient illusion of self determination...the middle class loves it, the less they have it the more they brag about it ! Mr. Green
0 Replies

geradflopme

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2024 04:58 pm
@iraj2829,
The concept of the Overhuman (Übermensch) in Nietzsche’s philosophy is often associated with the transcendence of traditional values and the creation of new ones. In terms of architecture, this could translate to spaces that are innovative, flexible, and reflective of individuality and self-overcoming.
0 Replies