Did Jesus Actually Exist?

Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 10:27 am
@timur,
Fantasize away, shrunken head.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 10:52 am
The Nazis were better people than the lot of you!
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 12:33 pm
@timur,
Quote:
The past existence of Jesus is as real as the past existence of Pythagoras.

We know the existence of Pythagoras thanks to his "disciples". These followers of Pythagoras founded a school in which the teachings of their "master" were perpetuated until today.

There are no records of any manuscript written by Pythagoras, but lots of records written by his followers and opponents, where we know the existence of this philosopher and mathematician by witness only.

The same scenario is observed with Jesus. We know about his past existence thanks to the writings of his disciples (the Gospels and Letters of the New Testament) and opponents (Tractate Sanhedrin 43a).

To deny the existence of Jesus and his religious importance of becoming a High Priest of the Order of Melchizedek replacing an obsolete Order of Levi, is to deny that a^2 + b^2 = c^2 belongs to Pythagoras.

timur said

Quote:
This is one of your sorry jokes, isn't it?

Oh, yeah? Did Pythagoras actually exist?
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:06 pm
@carloslebaron,
Nobody is interested in denying the historicity of Pythagoras, for some odd reason... :-) Seems they don't care much about mathematics... But they care, oh yes how deeply do they care for sweeeeet sweeeeet baby Jesus... Their heart aches when they think of Jesus, and they are ready to write long long posts about him, how we don't know if he ever existed, how he was a ridiculous punk, how the whole world had to suffer under the "leaded shroud of Christianity" as a result, and all that.

But who cares for Pythagoras' existence? Who asks whether he lived or not, whether he was an asshole or not, or whether the world is a better or a worse place as a result of his existence? Sadly, no one. And that's really too unfair for poor poor Pythagoras...
timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:11 pm
@Olivier5,
Your lame prose will not improve the crap you post all the time.

It just boils down to the simple fact that you don't have any archaeological or scientific evidence your sweet Jesus existed.

No matter the tons of brain manure you utter will change that.
timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:13 pm
Infrablue wrote:

I beg to differ, except, obviously, for Olivier.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:19 pm
@timur,
We have no credible 'jesus myth' hypothesis that would explain the facts, no reason to assume he did not exist, and many mentions of him in the writings of the time. That's good enough.
timur

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:27 pm
@Olivier5,
Weasel away, Olivier, turning the problem around will not change the fact that you have no proof that Jesus existed.

You are lying when you say that there are many mentions of him in writings of the time.

If your lies are good enough for you, for me they are just lies.

Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:49 pm
@timur,
Fine with me. Believe what you want.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:50 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Fine with me. Believe what you want.

Whew. Finally.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
I never tried to impose any belief on anyone, and stated many times that nobody can be forced to believe any evidence. You can bring a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

But when people lied or said things that were inaccurate, I corrected them. That's all.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 04:24 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Weasel away, Olivier, turning the problem around will not change the fact that you have no proof that Jesus existed.

What proof would you be willing to accept?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 05:03 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Infrablue wrote:

That was my way of formally marking the end of this thread by way of Godwin's Law.

I guess it doesn't work that way.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 05:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

timur wrote:

Infrablue wrote:

That was my way of formally marking the end of this thread by way of Godwin's Law.

I guess it doesn't work that way.

Wow...and I thought you were trying to illustrate how you could be more classy in your posts than we have been in ours.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 05:38 pm
@InfraBlue,
Beware. Izzy is going to call the both of you hysterical and hyperbolist any time now..
FBM

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 10:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
The only interesting question is whether or not he was divine.

Oh please...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/dunno_1.gif
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 04:46 am
@Olivier5,
Calm down, you big girl's blouse.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 04:56 am
Jesus and Christianity are the most believable of all the world's religions and the ones which ring truest within the hearts of men. That is why Christianity and Jesus are constantly targeted by atheists, evolosers, secular humanists and the like while those same people never have anything to say about the daily batch of atrocities of muslims or about I-Slam or the vicious religious and philosophical basis of that religion or the bandit-tribe model of society which it is based on.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 06:27 am
@FBM,
You could of course start a new thread, alhough the point has probably been discussed hundreds of times already.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 06:30 am
@izzythepush,
Don't you get too exited, Izzy. You could blow a fuse...