Need help in my sexuality.

aj1211

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 12:56 pm
I am a 21 year old male. Ever since I was about 12 I have been attracted to the same sex. But, I can't really figure out if I'm gay, straight, bi or bicurious. I've done things with both sex. But lately it seems I get really really turned on by hot guys, and when I'm with a girl sometimes I go soft. I've done numerous things with guys and done a few with girls. Would any of you guys think I'm gay or bi or straight or just experimental?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 2,673 • Replies: 18
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 01:52 pm
@aj1211,
Quote:
Would any of you guys think I'm gay or bi or straight or just experimental?

Just from your words I would off hand place you more on the gay side if that matter to you.

By the way way does such labels matter to you as you are what you are in any case?
aj1211

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 02:34 pm
@BillRM,
Just confused
BillRM

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 03:29 pm
@aj1211,
Quote:
Just confused

My suggestion is just to relax and let time work it out as sexuality is only a part of a total person character after all.

I would hope that while you are working it out and are in a state of flux that you be up front with any of your serous sexual partners.

Of course if it give you too must of a problem there are counseling services available also.
aj1211

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 04:36 pm
@BillRM,
I was just looking for opinions on here
BillRM

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 04:50 pm
@aj1211,
Quote:
I was just looking for opinions on here

Ok you already got my opinion that from your first posting that you sound more gay then straight but why anyone opinion on your sexuality would matter beside your own I am still kind of unclear on.

Best of luck in any case.
aj1211

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 05:20 pm
@BillRM,
I understand just thought people would give me there opinion while I figure it out
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 11:56 am
@aj1211,
Quote:
Would any of you guys think I'm gay or bi or straight or just experimental?

Since you want opinions...

You have already exhibited, and engaged in, bisexual behaviors. And, apparently, you are attracted to both sexes.

Simply on the basis of that, I'd consider you bisexual at this point in your life.

I also don't understand why you are trying to pigeon-hole yourself with someone else's label. Just enjoy your sexuality.
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 03:20 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I also don't understand why you are trying to pigeon-hole yourself with someone else's label. Just enjoy your sexuality.

Firefly after reading your reply I ran out of my home in my underwear to see if the heavens had just open up as a prelude to Jesus return.

We are in agreement about anything how remarkable...... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

QUEERISHGUY

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 07:36 am
@aj1211,
I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION. I ATTEMPTED TO BE WITH GIRLS/WOMEN AND NEVER KNEW IF I COULD PERFORM WITH THEM OR NOT. WITH GUYS IT WAS ALWAYS AUTOMATIC THAT I COULD PERFORM. I WOULD GO WITH YOUR HEART AND EMBRACE WHO YOU REALLY ARE.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 08:09 am
You said: 'Ever since I was about 12 I have been attracted to the same sex."

Guess what? Most boys are more connected to their buddies than to girls at age 12. Girls scare boys to death and boys can't figure out what they are or what they want. So it's better to stay connected to your buddies.

As the male gets older, he then transfers attraction/sexual feelings to the female.

It sounds like you need some time to really figure this all out. How about some abstinence for a while to sort all this out/

Your ambivalence indicates that you really are not ready to make up your mind.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 12:25 pm
@aj1211,
aj1211 wrote:
lately it seems I get really really turned on by hot guys

If you categorize some guys as "hot" (sexually attractive) then clearly you are capable of being attracted sexually by men. Whether you want to adopt a gay lifestyle or have relationships with men is another thing. It is not compulsory.
0 Replies

Reds1234

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 08:42 pm
@BillRM,
Im a 20 year old male. Imalso curious about my sexuality i am mainly attracted to the female body, However im am very curious about giving oral sex to a man. I am also curious to be on the recieving end of sex??? What does this mean?
Lexx Luxor

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 08:32 pm
@aj1211,
Umm, I think that since you've made the statement that you sometimes go soft with a girl then its possible that you swing more towards guys than girls. So it's a possibility that you are gay, although you still enjoy the opposite sex as well, so bisexual would fit the definition. However, men are your preferred choice. I hope this helps.
0 Replies

Lexx Luxor

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 08:40 pm
@Reds1234,
You're bi-curious. There's nothing wrong with that. I think you are seeking the experience to possibly define yourself. I too want the experience, but I don't know if that will ever happen. Oh well, can't have everything you want in life.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 06:32 am
@Reds1234,
Reds1234 wrote:

Im a 20 year old male. Imalso curious about my sexuality i am mainly attracted to the female body, However im am very curious about giving oral sex to a man. I am also curious to be on the recieving end of sex??? What does this mean?

That you're curious. As long as you practice safe sex with another consenting adult I'd say explore away and find out what you like and what you want.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:48 am
@aj1211,
What others think is irrelevant to how we think of ourselves. If you want to tell others you're bisexual or gay that'd seem to fit. But my sexual experiences by 21 did not remain a constant. At 44 now, I quit worrying about labels and call myself simple 'sexual.'
0 Replies

AskTheWolfie

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:38 pm
@aj1211,
I personally think you are having an identity crisis. The question you need to ask yourself is this.... Does it matter what you call yourself? If you find yourself attracted to someone, male or female, you still have the choice to pursue or not pursue that attraction. I make a very concerted attempt not to put a category on any human being because that will limit you to what that definition dictates.

The only label you need to worry about is that which helps you identify with yourself. If you accept that you are attracted to both men and women, then the closes label is bi-sexual. If you are attracted to primarily men and aren't really functional with women, then you may be gay. If the reverse is true, then you are probably heterosexual.

Don't worry about the classification and worry about who you are attracted to. Make sure that whomever it is, they are a good person that makes you happy and worry about their anatomy after that. The only time gender comes into play is in reproduction, and even that isn't a barrier now.

Good luck,
Wolfie
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 05:06 pm
@AskTheWolfie,
Wolfie, glad you are here.
0 Replies