I believe in B-ball ...

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 07:12 pm

shook hands with Charles Barkley in Sacco Pizza (9th avenue, 50-something street, nyc) today... Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:47 am
@Region Philbis,
http://i61.tinypic.com/16tcvd.jpg
http://www.buzzfeed.com/catbrarian/18-cats-who-think-theyre-librarians-12tr3
panzade

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:39 am
Commish Silver's opinion on his 20 game suspension of Hornet's Taylor's conviction for spousal abuse.
Quote:
Domestic violence is a serious societal issue that is antithetical to any community or organization that prides itself on the values of respect for others, good moral character, and common decency. These values are central to the NBA, and domestic violence is an issue that is commanding our full attention.

I have the responsibility to safeguard the best interests of the league and all of its constituents. ln addition to its profound impact on victims, domestic violence committed by any member of the NBA family causes damage to the league and undermines the public's confidence in it.

This suspension is necessary to protect the interests of the NBA and the public's confidence in it. Mr. Taylor's conduct violates applicable law and, in my opinion, does not conform to standards of morality and is prejudicial and detrimental to the NBA. While the suspension is significantly longer than prior suspensions for incidents of domestic violence by NBA players, it is appropriate in light of Mr. Taylor's conduct, the need to deter similar conduct going forward, and the evolving social consensus -- with which we fully concur -- that professional sports leagues like the NBA must respond to such incidents in a more rigorous way. [...]

The NBA is committed to vigilance with respect to domestic violence. We will continue to work closely with the Players Association to provide education, awareness training, and appropriate resources to NBA players and their families. We recognize our responsibility to do all that we can to prevent this destructive and unacceptable conduct from happening in the future.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/hornets--taylor-suspended-24-games-after-domestic-violence-conviction-010443383.html
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 11:39 am
@panzade,
Poll: March Madness Hoopla!

March Madness has arrived! Which of these basketball-centric feature length films, documentaries, or television series would you like to watch to get excited for the big game?
http://www.imdb.com/POLL/ls076516983/
Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 11:45 am
@tsarstepan,
Hoosier Daddy?! (can't believe it's only a close second)
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 09:00 pm
May Madness!

If you're not watching the NBA this year, wake up! You're going to miss the most wide open play-offs so far this century. There is no clear favorite, and all 8 remaining teams have a realistic chance of winning it all. (At the end of the day, you have to think the team that comes out of the West will be the favorite in the finals, but who knows who that will be?) Every second round series is as close as possible so far, with the underdog in all four series leading 2-1 after three games.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 09:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
Oh no! Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:27 pm

RIP Chocolate Thunder ...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 12:34 pm
And a hall of famer lost. Moses Malone, the "Chairman of the Boards", died of an apparent heart attack at age 60.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 09:25 pm
OKC Thunder get Paul George and Carmelo Anthony - become 3 All Star team. Melo to be a power forward.
snood

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 11:01 pm
@BillW,
I don't think that's enough to beat the Warriors.
BillW

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:39 pm
@snood,
When you were one dimensional and are now multi dimensional, well, that's big steps. At noon yesterday, they were in line to grab Wade also, but that's out now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 01:12 pm
I understand how awesome are the Warriors, but I always follow the Rockets.
snood

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 02:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I understand how awesome are the Warriors, but I always follow the Rockets.

I haven't been keeping up. The last Rockets teams I recognized had Dwight Howard or James Harden. Neither of those are still there I think.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 02:49 pm
@snood,
Dwight is gone. James is still there.
BillW

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 02:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Patrick Beverly is gone but they got Chris Paul. I think that will be a need loss. I like Patrick's net upside.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 03:00 pm
@BillW,
I've heard good and bad about the acquisition. Usually, if there is controversy it's a bad move, seems to me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 03:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't watch much sports, but like to watch the GS Warriors once-in-awhile. They have great players who are good at sports, and as good role models for everyone.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 03:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I've heard good and bad about the acquisition. Usually, if there is controversy it's a bad move, seems to me.

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved Paul; but his best days are behind him. And, Beverly's best days are yet to come. I also don't think Paul and Harden have great chemistry together. We won't know until they play together for a few games. Let the season start!
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 04:03 pm
@BillW,
A few of Hardin's remarks make me doubt they have chemistry.