I believe in B-ball ...

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 07:47 am
OK...I took some time to look over the trade...just to see what panzade had said...

So Brooklyn got KG, Pierce, and Jason Terry to go along with Joe Johnson, and Deron Williams???

Lmao...Oh my!...I will tell you what...If the Heat are there and healthy...It will be the Heat and Brooklyn for the Eastern conference next year...and since I have no idea how healthy Wade is, or if Ray Allen is going to stay or if the Heat trade Bosh...I would not be surprised if Brooklyn is in the Finals, or wins it all...right now, I think I would take Brooklyn...even with KG's, and Pierce's age...

The Heat better enjoy their party, then take a long look at this, and then get an actual legit big man, and keep those 3 together, and pray that Wade can stay healthy...or they won't win another one, and LeBron is gone for sure...

That is a pretty damn sick team that Brooklyn now has...even with KG, and Pierce's age...
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 08:55 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

did they keep Rondo, and Green? I hope so...If they did they will be solid in about 3 or 4 more years again...Wink...Very Happy

In the meantime, I'll be cheering on the Nets. I'd cheer on any team that ended up with both KG and Pierce, unless it was the Lakers. It would have been harder to back them as New Jersey Nets, but playing in Brooklyn and wearing all black makes you extra cool.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 08:58 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
The guy is a natural. I predict he'll be a regular on TV real soon.

Unless he gets into politics.
panzade

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 10:18 am
@Ticomaya,
Then we won't be able to avoid seeing him
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:24 pm
I was just thinking...and I think this trade is brilliant for both teams...and here is why I see it this way...

First, Boston is probably like the 3rd or 4th most successful franchises in the 4 major U.S. sports probably only behind...The Yankees, Red Wings, And Lakers, Dodgers are up there, and so are the Cardinals...but I would put Boston just as high as both...

So they are going to be able to grab a great coach...

Then, they dumped almost all salaries for the foreseeable future...even Doc's...

Then, they now will have 4 first round picks over the next years to come...

They will have a lot of money to spend...

And they gave Garnett, Pierce, and Terry a chance to win at least one more ring...(Terry won with the Mavs)

They still have Rondo, and Green, and got Kris Humphries...

So they can build a very solid team for another decade now...and can now rebuild that entire team basically with two deals...with who they got, and can sign...

On the other side of things...Doc gets to go and contend right away...

The Nets have a chance to win right away for probably at least 2 full years...

They will pack that place every night...

The only things that could hurt Boston and the Nets, is where these teams place with the picks...Boston will most likely be near the bottom in the first round, in each years draft...

And Brooklyn put all the chips in now...but they are showing they are willing to spend...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 01:56 pm
What happens to Dwight Howard? Under what circumstances will he play at full speed and give a damn? Would you have him on your team?

He's not a franchise, but with a good team, coach and inspiration he has been and I think can still be top caliber. Don't get me wrong, I don't like a person who apparently dogs it cause it isn't in his favor; but, I do like the guy and think he is a hoss! One more chance for him - where, when, how and - is he cheaper now?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 03:12 pm
@BillW,
I am not sure where he goes...but I must admit that I thought about the Heat trading Bosh for Howard straight up...since, if he is gonna play hard, you would figure it probably would be a team that can win right now....but honestly, I would not do it, because it seems like he doesn't want to contend...but would rather be a big fish in a small pond like Orlando....and just make tons of $$...but doesn't care about championships....I would not do it at all, because he is going to want a lot, and you have no idea what you will get in return....and if he is actually playing hard...he is the best center in the game....hands down...and no one could stop him...I would not offer him anything...because he hasn't proved he will give you what you know he can....too scary, too much money...

I think he will be cheaper for whoever goes after him...I can't see anyone throwing him a huge contract when they have seen what he has been doing the past 2 or 3 years...

I still don't think I would, unless he was really cheap...

I think he may go to the Clippers, possibly Heat...or a small market team who just throws a ton of money at him...sad...he was the next Shaq...
BillW

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 04:36 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Don't say was, he still is. But, I agree with you fully that he is a very chancey player and I don't like doging it intentionally or "because" of the situation. He had a team in the playoffs and just quit - in my view.

I heard that he may go to Houston - and, that would be a good fit for a good team that needs just a little bit, especially a big guy.

But, I think you did cover it correctly.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 03:02 am
@BillW,
Thanks Bill...and you are correct...I have heard about Houston...I forget about them...and I have heard the Clippers also...best guess, or any small market team...I think...

Speaking of Houston...The Knicks were stupid to get rid of Lin...He is what an actual point should be...and would have been very good for them...
BillW

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:16 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I agree about Lin, those series of games without Carmelo in NY were flukes, he is good in my view. I have always loved Carmelo, but he does suck up all the attention. I don't think (unless there is dramatic change in him) he will ever be able to have a championship team cause of his "one and only" characteristics.

I also believe that Dwight could be going to Clippers, and I think it may be the best move for him and the team. If you goes to Houston, it may end up like NY and Carmelo - him and then the team. At the Clips he has got to share with Blake. Big question, does Paul stay, if not, can they get a top notch point guard. My belief is you must always have a top notch point guard. Without ball control, play making and gread distribution a team just will not make it. You win with defense - you get the chance to win with defense with excellent ball control...........
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 01:07 pm
@BillW,

paul's staying in LA -- he lobbied to bring doc over...

sad to see pierce & kg go, but it was time.
in hindsight, ainge prolly waited too long.
time to tear it down and build it back up again.
good nucleus of rondo, bradley & green...
BillW

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 01:17 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks, I didn't know that about Paul. I am not doing extensive basketball reaserch recently. The draft was so poor, I just didn't care. Actually, it goes all the way back to the college season. I watched none of it. I didn't even chart a March Madness. I am afraid that this "one and done and two at the most" mentality is costing a lot of fan support! Anyway, the most important fan thinks it all sucks.......me.

Thanks again!
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 01:25 pm
@BillW,

no prob.
the past week has been a bit of a bahstin blur for me -- too much going on at once...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 06:09 pm

who the heck is Brad Stevens ... ??

Shocked
Ragman

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 10:37 pm
@Region Philbis,
Great winning percentage of .772%. Ask Rick Pitino how that all works in NBA coming from college coaching success.

Low pressure? In Boston? Bwahahaha!
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2013 11:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
who the heck is Brad Stevens ... ??

You know ... Butler .... Cinderella story. I think he's about 25 years old.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 05:23 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I think he's about 25 years old.
yup -- 36...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 05:24 pm

Sources: Dwight Howard to Rockets.
good luck with that...
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 05:27 pm
@Ragman,

the C's are a young team now, so a gung-ho coach in his 30's might just work.

and if not, they keep raving about all the great players that'll be available in the 2014 draft...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 10:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Sources: Dwight Howard to Rockets.
good luck with that...

If Dwight decides to play hard, it will make a team like the Rockets a contender. But, Dwight has to learn how to share, the ball, the scoring and the glory.