Really sad lately...

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 07:32 pm
Lately I've been feeling really sad. I feel like my parents hate me and my dad is just so mean. Also people think I'm so ugly, and weird, and anything else under that category. My life sucks right now and the only friend that I have that actually talks to me is really annoying. Today I asked my friend if she wanted to sit with me and she said no because she doesn't think that I'm fun (that's actually what she said). So I just don't know what to do and I'm just so sad that I'm actually thinking about cutting. Any tips

jespah

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 07:38 pm
@bricker01,
You don't say how old you are but I am going to assume you're in your teens, okay?

Lemme tell ya, the teen years suck for many people. A lot of the kids who you think are really together may very well be lonely wrecks. You are not alone in feeling not so wonderful.

Is there a trusted adult you can talk to, maybe a favorite teacher? We are not without sympathy here, but we're not right there with you.

Hang in there.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 08:43 am
@bricker01,
Also assuming you are not an adult, there are plenty of books in the library addressing many issues that young people have. Ask a librarian for the section with books for your age about issues regarding your general age. Read them all, or at least many. At that point you might have gained some insight into the crux of your dilemma.

The first thing I'd do is to make a conscious decision to stop feeling sorry for myself, since you sound like health is not an issue, nor hunger, nor physical limitations. Some have it much worse than you. Tell yourself to stop criticizing your life. You might not have learned the simple ability to glean enjoyment from each day? Watch others. It's not always the most popular kids that are the most happy.

And, don't worry about "looks." The most beautiful people often live in terror of getting older, when their good looks fade. In today's celebrity world, only beautiful is often considered adequate. It was once plain, but charming.

By the way, time heals a lot. Patience cures a lot of problems. Don't believe things are static and hopeless. That is just a sad brain that is talking to you.

0 Replies