Why did so many "Abuzzers" come here to "Able 2 Know" ?

alikimr

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:46 pm
I was a member of the N.Y. Times "Abuzz' Philosophy group for a
goodly period of time, and I have decided to enter this group, after seeing the interesting level of topical questions being posted, as well as noting some names that were very familiar to me in the "abuzz" crowd......such as Frank Apissa.
I am very curious to know the reason why others have departed from "Abzz". .......is it the same reason I did......the invasion of Hacker Types, with little too offer but crudities, and use of other member's names, while saying their crudities ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,257 • Replies: 99
No top replies

margo

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:52 pm
yes to all above.
And this forum is moderated (quite well!)
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:53 pm
dont know about Abuzz..but you are welcomed here. :-))
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:57 pm
Welcome, alikimr!

Some former members of the sad group, ehem: said website - are here from the very beginning.

And, as margo already wrote: yes .....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:58 pm
I should have said "welcome", too!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:04 pm
Welcome, Alikimr! I should think that Abuzzers came here because Able 2 know generates the same atmosphere as Abuzz did before the whole hacking surge: after all, it's human nature to want somewhere comfortable....

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:10 pm
Hi alikimr. Welcome to the best forum site on the net.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 03:46 pm
truth
A2K is wonderfully managed. But I came here because so many of my favorite Abuzzers did. Abuzz was wonderful for a long time, then--I believe--some of the best managers were let go, and the quality of the forum went downhill. I still participate in a few of the threads, because of the people participating, but it can't compare anymore with A2K. I only pray that nothing ever happens to Craven or Jespah.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 04:17 pm
Ditto JL

Welcome alikimir!
Hope you like round here.
I got tired of fishin through inumerable pages for anything worthwhile, usually to have the thread atacked by a morons, so I left. Good riddance.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:22 pm
I know Frank and he is apissa.

I think youve summed up why many of us left abuzz, it was like playing in a freeway full of runaway cars, dont need it. I, like JL sometimes go over there for "grins" and to see if there are some of the greAT ARTSY FOLKS still around.

Sad to say that theres little intelligent life left on abuzz.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 06:42 pm
i used to be on afuzz, then the voices in my head told me to come here and fulfill my mission in life. the mission although unclear seems to involve pestering these fine people of a2k, which i'm doing more than an adequate job. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:54 pm
Indeed you are, oh evil owl!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 08:09 pm
Welcome to A2K alikimr

I reached a personal goal of 2000 post on Abuzz about a month ago and left it for good. I got tired of all the dreck. There are some hold outs over there but its like small islands of civilization surviving in obscure corners after the barbarians have broken in. Fortunately here the frontiers are still maned.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 09:36 pm
An Abuzzer "at times"
Welcome to A2K, alikimir - You're gonna like it here!

I still check into Abuzz to see if there are any responses or interactions to answer. The minimum number have been requested. The "send email" is unchecked. All of the foregoing comments about the decline of Abuzz are agreed to. In the beginning, Abuzz was enjoyable. We all know what happened later. Thankfully, we have A2K . . . and Craven and Jespah!!! Good people here and a lot of intelligent forums.
[/color] Very Happy
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 10:23 pm
Abuzz remains the best forum in terms of design. Unfortunately, user friendliness has been overwhelmed by spamming miscreants.

I must admit that while I appreciate the level of discourse here, I still find the Able2Know format less than elegant.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 12:30 am
Glad you popped in, though, Finn. If you had listed a good email addy on abuzz, I would have sent you a personal invitation.

akaRoger - for those that go way back.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 12:41 am
I tried afuzz for a while and felt left out in the snow. Thanks to Roger, Craven (smooches), dlowan, msolga, margo, ehBeth, Letty, bigdice, urs53, etc., etc., etc., I make my 'down-time' here.

And I love it.

You won't find a more supportive group of folks anywhere on the net.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 12:57 am
That's nice, Rae. I know how you feel. Very Happy This is a very supportive group of people here. If you're in need of help or advice, or you just want to discuss something that's important to you, A2K is great. It has a good "family" feel to it, too, I think. Very little bullshit from people you know & trust. And quite a number of them were already known, from the terrific early days of Abuzz.

Welcome, alikimir, & I hope you enjoy being here as much as so many of us do. Very Happy
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:04 am
Where are my manners?!

Welcome to A2K, alikimir! It's a pleasure to meet you and I hope to see you around! Very Happy
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:50 pm
Ummm... yeah. What they said.

Daddy has a Harbor Seal
That used to do aBuzz.
Now it's here on a2k
Which is more like what it was.
0 Replies