Why do certain people choose to study proctology, urology or pathology?

spendius

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 12:21 pm
@Germlat,
The Church's official definition of a witch is in the MM. It is not what you say it is unless it later became associated with such things for political or financial reasons.
Germlat

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 12:27 pm
@spendius,
97 out of 100 births in the U.S. Are normal ..do we know the percentage of doctors that insinuate there may be a problem..do we really have the statistics to back up ..is this is done one way or the other? Please explain. I'm not abreast of the subject.
Germlat

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 12:29 pm
@spendius,
I provided a reference to my thought...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 02:24 pm
@JPB,
Not at the health food stores.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:02 pm
@Germlat,
The general level of anxiety has been raised leading to more nervous dispositions. Tolstoy mentioned it. A writer today might draw a contrast between Earth Mother and big-city neurotic and let the reader draw whatever conclusion they wish.

I wasn't meaning any particular doctors. Just the general tone of media coverage, which likes us all being anxiety ridden, the publications and press conferences and the procedures adopted with their quasi-religious sanctity.

It is not clear cut by a long shot. There are examples for every occasion.
Germlat

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 07:42 pm
@spendius,
The media generally sensationalizes everything and thrives on excitement, anxiety simply to obtain viewers..it a spam scam. Everything from news delivery to advertisement . People are constantly bombarded with what to think, feel..etc. Unless you have a solid role model , being a child must be very confusing. Have you noticed how many adverts for anxiety and depression drugs..No wonder others call us Prozac nation.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 06:26 am
@chai2,
I've already had this discussion with you. I've tried to explain and provide references. Stop trying to give me lessons in socialization ..you also know nothing about me.
chai2

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 07:44 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

I've already had this discussion with you. I've tried to explain and provide references. Stop trying to give me lessons in socialization ..you also know nothing about me.

What discussion?
You came up with something I said at some time during this thread, with no indication as to when, and with no reference point as to what direction you're going.

What does "Actually you said women.. As in any other profession" mean? What were you refering to? Where were you going with this? I'm not a mind reader.

Don't pull the "you also know nothing about me" card, as if you want this to remain some permanent condition.

In fact, I've been more closely reading your posts in other threads, trying to learn what you are like. From what I've been reading, you think you stand alone, and have to make no effort to see that here, as in real life, it's good to have some sort of give and take with people. You take offense very easily, thinking that when someone is just sharing/speaking what's on their mind, that they are "giving you lessons", yet, that's a really common thing you do.

My mom used to say about that "You can sure dish it out, but you can't take it."

Don't worry G. I won't try to give you lessons anymore, beyond this... Be aware though that in this thread right now the only person that will talk to you is some drunken asshat that everyone laughs at because he's so pathetic and ridiculous. No one takes anything Spendius says seriously.
In people's minds you're quickly relegating yourself to the realm of those people tend to put on ignore because they are unpleasant, full of themselves, or just plain nutjobs.

Go ahead and respond, or not, you're on ignore either way.
Germlat

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 08:39 am
@chai2,
Post too long..not that interested sorry. I'm glad you're interested in me and sorry I can't reciprocate the favor.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:19 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
No one takes anything Spendius says seriously.

Many members of A2K's elite have taken the trouble to respond to my posts. Some of them hundreds of times. A good few have even publicly embarrassed themselves by putting me on Ignore and some have gone so far as to boast of it as if it is a feather in their cap and/or has won them the argument.

It's a bit of a stretch chai to declare that they have not taken me seriously. And using the expression "no one" is so obviously untrue that it is necessary to suspect that your subjectivity has run away with itself.

And the logic of--

Quote:
Be aware though that in this thread right now the only person that will talk to you is some drunken asshat that everyone laughs at because he's so pathetic and ridiculous.

looks positively ridiculous bearing in mind that you are addressing Germie your very self.

Everybody who knows their arse from their elbow knows that the medical profession has the capacity to make away with the whole of the GNP, and some more besides, and that the same arguments that apply now will be applied at any point in that direction at which stopping the train is mooted seriously.

And a site called Able 2 Know is the perfect place for people who don't know their arse from their elbow to visit. It's useless for people who won't be told.
Germlat

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 05:40 pm
@chai2,
Probably you thought someone mistook your irony. Rather than to address it directly and say something like : I think you misunderstood ..I was being ironic..you set into this illogical path of trying to discredit anything and everything this person had to say..even anyone else along on the path. Your responses were so illogical others took notice. Really difficult to dealt with you . No reasoning and all emotion . You don't even care who's opinion you disregard.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 05:55 pm
@spendius,
Regardless if I take everything you say seriously, Spendi, I like you.
spendius

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 06:01 pm
@Mame,
And if Mame likes me I must be doing something right.
Germlat

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 06:07 pm
@spendius,
Not the only one as you already know
0 Replies