"Thy kingdom come". What's that about?

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:18 pm
@neologist,
I didn't see any questions that were worth answering.

Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
(KJV)

neologist

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 05:51 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I didn't see any questions that were worth answering.
Please Humor me in regard to this exchange.
Squeakybro wrote:
Rev 22:18 "For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;".
I wrote:
What about revelations from a 'spirit'?
Keeping in mind there are 10+ times as many readers as posters. Answer it for them . . . .
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 06:24 pm
@neologist,
There are only two kinds of revelations. Something new revealed to you carnally. And the revelations of Jesus Christ. Spiritually with all verses.
0 Replies

Josie Burness

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 05:52 am
This is the sort of thing you can't comprehend unless Jesus lives in you. The kingdom is that which is to come but also that which is here in the heart of all believers. We are building the kingdom.

I must say those who just repeat the verse religiously probably don't understand it anyway.

Clear as mud?
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 11:16 am
@Josie Burness,
Read Daniel 2:44 and tell me who will bring about the kingdom and whether it is a real government.
Josie Burness

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 06:31 am
@neologist,
Read it. Don't know about the government part. I guess we'll find out?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 09:14 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Many people repeat these words of Jesus, often several times a day. To what is Jesus referring?

Wishful wanting is what I call it.

The history around the time of Jesus depicts a man who believed there was a coming to an end age where the corrupt and brutal reign of kings would be overthrown and replaced by a more peaceful rule, where disease and famine would be wiped out.

Jesus proclaimed himself the king of the jews and this is why he was sentenced to death by the romans.

However; not all of the Jews were convinced that Jesus was their messiah foretold in their sacred texts. But those who did follow the cult of Jesus did believe that he was the messiah and that he would return to change the world for the better.

So this saying is wishful wanting that day to come.
0 Replies

anthonypameladp

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 10:51 am
@neologist,
These words are part of the model prayer found at Matthew 6:9-13. With these words Jesus is referring to the Kingdom of God coming to the earth to make things better.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2016 12:20 am
@neologist,
SO that here be like heaven in respect of submitting to the Will of God, a will for our good and that is omniscient and loving. Heaven is Heaven for that reason.
0 Replies

MethSaferThanTHC

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:43 am
His kingdom [is coming to a theatre and church near you].

0 Replies

daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:19 pm
Thy Kingdom come...

come: 2064. erchomai
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow
Middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thom-ahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively) -- accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.

Mark 1:3 "The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight."

prepare: 2090. hetoimazó
prepare, provide, make ready.
From hetoimos; to prepare -- prepare, provide, make ready. Compare kataskeuazo.

Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

the voice: 6963. qol
aloud, bleating, crackling, cry out, fame, lightness, lowing, noise,
Or qol {kole}; from an unused root meaning to call aloud; a voice or sound -- + aloud, bleating, crackling, cry (+ out), fame, lightness, lowing, noise, + hold peace, (pro-)claim, proclamation, + sing, sound, + spark, thunder(-ing), voice, + yell.

of one crying: 7121. qara
bewray self, that are bidden, call for, forth, self, upon, cry unto, be famous,
A primitive root (rather identical with qara' through the idea of accosting a person met); to call out to (i.e. Properly, address by name, but used in a wide variety of applications) -- bewray (self), that are bidden, call (for, forth, self, upon), cry (unto), (be) famous, guest, invite, mention, (give) name, preach, (make) proclaim(- ation), pronounce, publish, read, renowned, say.

prepare: 6437. panah
appear, at eventide, behold, cast out, come on, corner, dawning, empty,
A primitive root; to turn; by implication, to face, i.e. Appear, look, etc. -- appear, at (even-)tide, behold, cast out, come on, X corner, dawning, empty, go away, lie, look, mark, pass away, prepare, regard, (have) respect (to), (re-)turn (aside, away, back, face, self), X right (early).

of The LORD: YHWH

make straight: 3474. yashar
direct, fit, seem good meet, please will, be esteem, go right on, bring look, make,
A primitive root; to be straight or even; figuratively, to be (causatively, to make) right, pleasant, prosperous -- direct, fit, seem good (meet), + please (will), be (esteem, go) right (on), bring (look, make, take the) straight (way), be upright(-ly).

a highway: 4546. mesillah
causeway, course, highway, path, terrace
From calal; a thoroughfare (as turnpiked), literally or figuratively; specifically a viaduct, a staircase -- causeway, course, highway, path, terrace.
daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:21 pm
@daverod,
In other words, 'It's time to celebrate. The LORD is arriving'!

Make things Wonderful for Them....

John 1:9-11 "That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not."

John 1:12-13 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

John 1:14-15 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me."

John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me!!!

Praise Ye The LORD!

HalleluYah!
daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:28 pm
@daverod,
Thy Kingdom come:

Thy Kingdom be daily celebrated....

Not with lusts. Not with deceivings. Not with self gratifications. Not with 'eye service'.
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:36 pm
@daverod,
Quote:
John 1:14-15 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me."

John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me!!!

Praise Ye The LORD!

HalleluYah!

But some were there/here that said, 'Are you 'telling' me what to do? I don't appreciate being 'told/commanded' what to do'.

Quote:
But some were there/here that said, 'Are you 'telling' me what to do? I don't appreciate being 'told/commanded' what to do'.

Sorry for saying, 'Let's celebrate'.

Sad

daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:39 pm
@daverod,
And so these became the 'mighty' ones on Earth which the World did go idolizing after.

Why would man seek their own 'glory' in seeking after the 'glory of man' which is leading them further into the darkness?

Wise? Unwise? Political? Self will? Free will? Knowledge? Pride? Family name? Family worth? Self name? Self worth?

What sorts of places has persons who are unable to get into any 'joys' of life? What sorts of places is void of 'celebrations' to 'life' and its goodness? What sorts of places restricts such 'celebrations'? Why would they? Why do they?

What sorts of places promote the macabre? And why do they enforce the macabre over the rejoicing and/or celebrations to life?

Free to celebrate the goodness in/of 'Life' in a safe place? What is wrong with that?

Being 'forced' to not have that 'joy'?

Why cannot I Praise The LORD?

Maybe if I was to 'read' of the Free and if I was able to read of the 'good' in my own language, I would not feel as if this 'freedom and joy' is only for the English speakers.
daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:55 pm
@daverod,
Vương quốc Thy đến ...

đến: 2064. erchomai
Sự phù hợp hoàn toàn của Strong
đi cùng, xuất hiện, mang, đến, vào, rơi ra, đi, phát triển
Giọng nói trung gian của một động từ chính (chỉ được sử dụng trong các tenses hiện tại và không hoàn hảo, những người khác được cung cấp bởi một giọng nói trung thành (elred) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thom-ahee, hoặc (hoạt động) eltho el'-tho, mà không nếu không xảy ra) để đến hoặc đi (trong một loạt các ứng dụng, nghĩa đen và nghĩa bóng) - đi cùng, xuất hiện, mang, đến, vào, rơi ra, đi, phát triển, X ánh sáng, X tiếp theo, vượt qua, khu nghỉ mát, được thiết lập .

Mác 1: 3 "Tiếng kêu của một người khóc trong đồng vắng, Hãy chuẩn bị cho con đường của Chúa, làm cho con đường của Ngài thẳng thắn."

chuẩn bị: 2090. hetoimazó
chuẩn bị, cung cấp, chuẩn bị sẵn sàng.
Từ hetoimos; để chuẩn bị - chuẩn bị, cung cấp, chuẩn bị sẵn sàng. So sánh kataskeuazo.

Ê-sai 40: 3 "Tiếng nói của Ngài ở trong đồng vắng, Hãy chuẩn bị cho con đường của Ðức Giê-hô-va, làm thẳng trong sa mạc một đường cao tốc cho Đức Chúa Trời chúng ta."

giọng nói: 6963. qol
to, ợ hơi, tanh tách, kêu lên, nổi tiếng, nhẹ nhàng, hạ thấp, ồn ào,
Hoặc qol {kole}; từ một ý nghĩa gốc không sử dụng để gọi to; một giọng nói hoặc âm thanh - + to, ợ hơi, tanh, khóc (+ out), nổi tiếng, nhẹ nhàng, hạ thấp, tiếng ồn, + giữ hòa bình, tuyên bố, tuyên bố, + hát, âm thanh, + tia lửa, sấm sét (- ing), giọng nói, + la lên.

của một người khóc: 7121. qara
tự xưng mình, được bidden, gọi cho, ra, tự, khi, khóc cho đến, được nổi tiếng,
Một gốc nguyên thủy (khá giống với qara 'thông qua ý tưởng buộc tội một người đã gặp); để gọi ra (tức là đúng, địa chỉ theo tên, nhưng được sử dụng trong nhiều ứng dụng khác nhau) - bewray (self), được bidden, call (cho, ra, self, upon), cry (unto), (be ) nổi tiếng, khách mời, mời gọi, đề cập đến, (cho) tên, thuyết giảng, (làm) tuyên bố (- ation), phát âm, xuất bản, đọc, nổi tiếng, nói.

chuẩn bị: 6437. panah
xuất hiện, tại sự kiện, nhìn, bỏ ra, đi vào, góc, rạng đông, trống rỗng,
Gốc nguyên thủy; để biến; bởi ngụ ý, đối mặt, tức là Xuất hiện, nhìn, vv - xuất hiện, tại (ngay cả) thủy triều, nhìn, bỏ ra, đi vào, X góc, rêu, trống rỗng, biến mất, nói dối, nhìn, đánh dấu, qua đời , chuẩn bị, liên quan, (có) tôn trọng (đến), (lại) lần lượt (sang một bên, đi, trở lại, mặt, tự), X ngay (đầu).

của Đức Giê-hô-va: YHWH

làm thẳng: 3474. yashar
trực tiếp, phù hợp, dường như gặp gỡ tốt, xin vui lòng, được lòng tự trọng, đi ngay trên, mang lại cái nhìn, thực hiện,
Gốc nguyên thủy; để được thẳng hoặc thậm chí; theo nghĩa bóng, là (nguyên nhân, để làm) đúng, dễ chịu, thịnh vượng - trực tiếp, phù hợp, có vẻ tốt (gặp), + xin (ý chí), được (lòng, đi) đúng (trên), mang lại (nhìn, làm, lấy thẳng (thẳng), thẳng đứng (-ly).

đường cao tốc: 4546. mesillah
đường đắp cao, khóa học, đường cao tốc, lối đi, sân hiên
Từ calal; một đường phố (như rẽ), theo nghĩa đen hoặc nghĩa bóng; cụ thể là cầu cạn, cầu thang - đường đắp cao, khóa học, đường cao tốc, lối đi, sân hiên.

Vương quốc của bạn đến:
Vương quốc của bạn được tổ chức hàng ngày ....
Không phải với deceptions. Không hướng tới bản thân. Không phải với 'dịch vụ mắt'.
daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 02:12 pm
@daverod,
Chúa là tốt!
Chúa là tốt!
Chúa là tốt!

Amen!
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 02:22 pm
@daverod,
^ (probably written wrong in Vietnamese)..
Strong's Concordance

https://biblesinbulk.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/image/700x560/e9c3970ab036de70892d86c6d221abfe/9/7/9781598563788.jpg

Sorry.
Xin lỗi

What does this mean, then?

https://translate.google.com/#en/vi/sorry
lấy làm tiếc
0 Replies

MadJW

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2018 10:57 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

George wrote:
Oh great, someone forcing me to consult the Book of Daniel!
Hee hee: (Daniel 2:44) . . .“And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite. . .

----------------
All those Kingdoms have the churches shouting "God and Country!", as they encourage churchoids to give life & allegiance to them.....
0 Replies

AlertChristians

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 06:07 am
Thy kingdom come, is part of the Lord's prayer.
The kingdom is the kingdom of God or also called the kingdom of heaven.
The kingdom will come at the end of this age, when the earth and all the planets will be no more. Then there will be a new heaven and a new earth that will remain forever. Few will then inherit eternal life in God's kingdom. While many will instead be thrown into the fire of hell, where they will be tormented, tortured, punished forever.

The kingdom of heaven is about life and reward beyond our ability to conceive or imagine. And this is only inherited through the Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world.
0 Replies