"Thy kingdom come". What's that about?

Smileyrius

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 04:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Here is where translation can cause a problem Squeaky The original Greek word "entos" (ἐντός) does not exclusively mean "inside" or "within" the term is also expressed to mean "in your midst" or "among"

The sentence “in the midst of you” has a connotation that Jesus is identifying the Kingdom of God with Himself; He (Jesus) is in their midst. For me my friend, this translation unifies the terms "kingdom of heaven" and "kingdom of God." which supports the theme of his ministry

Is there further evidence that leads you to believe "within you" to be the correct translation of the word in this instance?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 05:51 pm
@Smileyrius,
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. My God gave me His Word in my language. And His Word is perfect. You see the Holy Spirit only quotes new testament. And them verses were quoted to me in my mind. And with the way words and definitions are changed over the years. What makes you think that your Greek dictionary is correct?

Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 06:10 pm
@Squeakybro,
I make no assertion that I have a correct Greek dictionary, I can only use the tools I have available, which is why I am open to a healthy discussion.
I also make no grasp on empirical truth, I am merely a student or the written word, doing my best to learn. Which translation of the bible do you think is perfectly translated?

The scripture you quote is a quote of Jesus, speaking of the Pharisees and the Saducees. He was speaking of their application of the mosaic law, bringing it as a burden upon the people rather than a provision. They were acute in their doctrine, adding much to the law, going as far as to claim that killing a fly on the Sabbath was hunting, or that picking the heads of grain while walking through a field was harvesting. They had missed the weightier matters of the law, namely to love thy neighbour, and to love God.

What is your application in this thread?
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:31 pm
@shua,
I appreciate your reference to the Hebrew faith. The kingdom gets a considerable mention in the Book of Daniel, chapter 2, culminating with this promise:
Quote:
“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever."
This is most certainly the kingdom Jesus was referring to in Matthew 6:10, as it is ludicrous to believe such a kingdom could fit within a person.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:41 pm
@Smileyrius,
I started in the KJV. I read many translations. But there were only two that the Holy Spirit would quote from. The KJV and the NKJV.
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:45 pm
@Squeakybro,
Where did you get the idea the holy spirit was a person?

And not God's active force as related in Genesis 1:2?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:56 pm
@neologist,
I got it from the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

And seeing as how the old testament is obsolete I think I'll go with my Holy Spirit
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Be careful how you assign a personality to the Greek word pneuma, which is of the masculine case, but which means 'breath'. The designation 'he' is of no more indication of personality than would be the word 'she' applied to your boat.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:21 pm
@neologist,
lolo Like I said I have conversations with the Holy Spirit every day. Just take a look at some of these revelations I have been sharing.
HIDDEN LANGUAGE (HOLY SPIRIT LANGUAGE)(MEAT)

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rev 2:16
16 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:6-7
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
Matt 13:10-11
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"
11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
Matt 13:13-14
13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14 "And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive;
1 Cor 14:10
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
1 Cor 14:7-8
7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played?
8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
James 3:17
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Matt 13:16-17
16 "But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;
17 "for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
Matt 13:18-19
18 "Therefore hear the parable of the sower:
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
Mark 4:14
14 "The sower sows the word.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
Eph 1:9
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
2 Cor 5:7
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Cor 5:10-11
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
There are many languages in the world. Doctors have one, lawyers have one, intellectuals have one, common people have one. Seeing that the only guaranteed message in the bible comes from the Holy Spirit. So to guard that guarantee He even uses a special language. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses, He explains verses with other verses. There are spirits in us trying to deceive us and they all speak the same language carnal. So we can discern the Holy Spirit He quotes verses. Now this is the meat understanding of the Word. The milk understanding is done with the carnal language, the meat understanding is done with only verses. Its an unknown tongue to the carnal mind.

II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

John 5:30
30 "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
(NKJ)
Eph 6:17
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
(NKJ)

John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)

John 8:42-43
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
(NKJ)

Col 2:1-3

1 For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh,
2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
(NKJ)

Col 1:26
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 13:8-10
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
(NKJ)

GO TO BEGOTTEN WORD OF GOD
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 11:21 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Like I said I have conversations with the Holy Spirit every day. Just take a look at some of these revelations I have been sharing.
There are 2 reasons you can't have conversations with God's spirit::
1. God's spirit is not a person.
2. No new truth has been revealed since John completed his writings, c 100 C.E.

What you are speaking is coming from another source.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:50 am
@neologist,
You seem to be a bit delusional. Number one the Holy Spirit is not God. Number two All my evidence is before John.

Rev 1:4
4 John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 10:29 am
@Squeakybro,
You haven't responded to my post.
Pretty squeaky, bro.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:35 pm
@neologist,
lol Where does that "Pretty" thing come in? I'm a 67 year old man.
Smileyrius

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:41 pm
@Squeakybro,
I think he meant pretty as in "quite" rather than "physically attractive", I read it as a pun encompassing your screen name

I have however been wrong before Razz
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 09:39 pm
@Smileyrius,
Well thanks for trying anyway.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 06:38 pm
STRICT RULES OF BELIEVING

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Mark 12:30-32
30 'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
31 "And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
32 So the scribe said to Him, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.
John 17:14-19
14 "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
15 "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
16 "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
James 1:19-20
19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
John 10:1-9
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
2 Cor 10:3-6
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
(NKJ)

xxx The new testament is the law of Christ, and Christ gave us many commandments to obey. If you cant claim it with a verse your in the milk understanding. If you cant dispute it with a verse your in the milk understanding. The meat understanding is done with the verses(The Word Of God). There are rules to believing. Dont think beyond what is written, or dont add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
(NKJ)

John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

Matt 5:19-20
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 2:11-12
11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.
12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 07:04 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Rev 22:18 "For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;".
What about revelations from a 'spirit'?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 07:23 pm
@1Prince,
"If you are referring to the prayer called the" Our Father" Jesus is saying that Gods kingdom will come when His will is done on earth as it is in Heaven."

News flash. Heaven is meaning "Universe".

Heaven and hell are allegories for "the good" and the "the bad" of our imagination, our dreams and our visions.

We create our own heavens and hells.

When they say "the kingdom will come when the will is done", the allegory is referring to how a man who transcends beyond the social mold will steer the people towards the right path in the same manner as subatomic particles in the Universe have many imperfect models and few great models to lead the imperfect models unto the right path.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 08:27 pm
@neologist,
TRUTH
John 8:32
32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 1:1-2
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
John 1:1-4
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
John 1:8-14
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:17-18
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
John 8:45-47
45 "But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.
46 "Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me?
47 "He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."
Rom 1:16-23
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man-- and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
John 5:37-44
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41 "I do not receive honor from men.
42 "But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
44 "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
John 7:17-18
17 "If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority.
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 11:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
Once again you replied to my post without answering my question..
Once again. . .
Pretty Squeaky, bro.