4

"Thy kingdom come". What's that about?

neologist

1  
Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 11:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
.... Isaiah was simply painting a word-picture of the afterlife in materialistic earthly terms the human mind could understand. .. .
So you disagree with Isaiah 45:18?
Romeo Fabulini

2  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 12:14 am
@neologist,
Neologist wrote:
So you disagree with Isaiah 45:18?

"..he who fashioned and made the earth,
he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabited"

No, why should anybody want to disagree with it? It's common knowledge he created it and put Adam and Eve in it to start populating it.
Then when the world ends, Jesus is coming to collect all true Christians and whisk them off to paradise-
"In my fathers house are many mansions,I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then come back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)

but I'm sure he'll let you stay on earth if you want..Smile
neologist

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 12:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
So you're saying this wonderful earth, God's gift, is not sufficient for you?

Perhaps you do deserve something different.

neologist

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 01:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Have you noticed that the prevailing opinion of those posting in the religious forums on a2k is that the Bible is not to be taken seriously? Even those who claim to believers seem unable to understand the integrity of the Bible as a whole. What do you think about that?

Romeo Fabulini

2  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:55 am

Neologist wrote:

If you're happy to be imprisoned in a fleshy body on this spinning ball of mud you're welcome to it mate, but all true Christians find it distasteful to be trapped in the material universe and can't wait to get out..Smile
"Don't love the world or the things in it,otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)
"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen,for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18)

Romeo Fabulini

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 03:18 am
Neologist wrote:

I don't give a rat's ass about "prevailing opinions" mate, I simply have fun strutting my stuff..Smile
"We're not looking for praise from men" (1 Thess 2:4-6)

As for people who seem "unable to understand the integrity of the Bible as a whole", that's their problem, not mine..Smile
Paul had to remind people to stay focussed on Jesus rather than get sidetracked into obscure theology-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

A simple slimline gospel like this can be picked up for a few pence and read in a couple of days, but if it does nothing for people and they feel they have to go searching elsewhere all over the Bible for "the truth", they're in big trouble-
Jesus said-"My Father’s house has many rooms..and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through ME" (John 14:1-6)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gospel.gif~original
neologist

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 10:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
That seems to be one difference between you and Jesus, he did not strut his stuff. - John 7:!6

BTW, Have you ever compared your language to Ephesians 4:29?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .A simple slimline gospel like this can be picked up for a few pence and read in a couple of days, but if it does nothing for people and they feel they have to go searching elsewhere all over the Bible for "the truth", they're in big trouble-
Watchtower Society gives its literature free. And, if you think you can completely understand the writings of John without understanding the rest of the Bible, you may belatedly come to understand the meaning of Proverbs 2:21, 22 "For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. 22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it."

See 2Timothy 3:16

Romeo Fabulini

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 07:55 pm
Romeo said-"I don't give a rat's ass about "prevailing opinions" mate, I simply have fun strutting my stuff.."

Neologist wrote:

Mate, you sound like Nanny McPhee, I bet you'd also tell Jesus to tone himself down too..Smile
Jesus said to the snooty priests-
"You're full of ****!" (Matt 23:27)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look clean on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean" Matt 23:27
neologist

1  
Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 12:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
And your point is?

Romeo Fabulini

1  
Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 05:21 am
The point is that if we want Jesus as our Gang Leader, we automatically become as tough as him..Smile
Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?

"Waddya got?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/wildone.jpg
neologist

1  
Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 10:01 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Gang Leader?

kiuku

1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 04:08 pm
@neologist,
a promise he might have made.

Who is he talking to though? we can say whatever we want to, right...free to twist, free to try a new story, free to sell a book that's not your own.

He's talking to the betrayers. He's offering them a room in the house. He says God your kingdom come, he prays while his
followers are spying..sleeping.

I go, I go to a place you can never see and you can't go with me. There I go to build a room for you in the house.

There's a kingdom coming, that God has, his spirit has. He's lying for his spirit maybe. Maybe it's just a powerful spirit.

That Yahweh has a kingdom this time. It didn't in the Old Testament, nevermind that though. No one bring that up.

There was the "land of milk and honey" so maybe it's a joke between him and other prophets of the same God.

"Land of milk and honey" is exactly a kingdom to the Roman rule.

Well...it's words that Jesus said. Jesus could have been a liar, we don't know. We think he isn't. There's nothing stating a prophet can't be a liar. You could really put a finger on this and say that's what people do when they are in bad situations with bad people. But Jesus is powerful so Jesus is telling the truth. He's definitely making a room for Judas in his father's house, which has many rooms.

"Just tell them there's a big house with lots of stuff in it"-I don't know maybe that's God speaking to Jesus his beloved prophet. Just tell them you're from West Africa and your estate is in ..I don't know, bondage, and you need some help getting it out of your bank account which has 6 million in it.

"I go there all the time"-Jesus "You never see me" "Because you can't" Though we walk on water together. I don't know, you could say it's a lie, you could put together a small proof. But that's not what we say about Jesus. That's not what we say about Moses either. The land of milk and honey did not exactly achieve, so..I don't know. We just blame it on the bad followers.

The kingdom come is a promise. But for some reason, I would not be surprised if it doesn't come to this world and its people nor if it intended to.
kiuku

1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 04:28 pm
@kiuku,
the land of milk and honey has to be a miracle land, as a proof because...where they were headed, was just lonely desert. God had to make wafers, again something very plain and stale; what this world is; and will be, I guess. Manna is a type of bread that falls from the sky. The Kingdom must also be miracle land, land that comes out of no where.

It's hard to say what it's like to be a prophet, but you're the one here, and God is "there", immaterial spirit.

The land of milk and honey did not achieve, did not ever achieve.

It's just that, his followers are sleeping near him when he goes to pray that prayer, his final words.

So...I don't know what else can be said that's not exactly blasphemous to the total bible, and God.

What God wants...does not look like a kingdom, not right now anyway. Maybe it's just here that God wants this. Maybe there is a Heaven-I don't know anything about it though. Other people might, but they don't say it at all.

that's what Pirates say, to their people, gold, lots of it, women and stuff like that, which usually ends in mutiny when it doesn't achieve.

He's doing His father's will, the whole time, that's what he says, the whole time, and then those are his final words in ear shot of his followers to whom he has also promised things in the kingdom where he goes, so a metaphysical place; Heaven apparently.

Well, on Earth as it is in Heaven, some day. Until then, peace out.
kiuku

1  
Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 07:42 am
@kiuku,
Looking at it this way. Thy kingdom come...is a promise that he had spoken of with his disciples previously. This is also something he is in trouble for with the Roman pilate. The Jews are angry that he is gaining a reputation, and the Romans find that Jesus has said he is a king atleast once, and son of God, which is the title of their rulers.

So it's definitely real in the gospel.

I mean if you're Jewish...then, you might notice this. It's sort of a twist, but again, what might it be, what's it about? shrugs. It's a real kingdom according to most faith ideas. Where he mentions it he is very explicit.

But why is he saying it?

Again we can take this shy proof even further.

They are asleep, however, not if they are recording the gospel. Well someone heard it; therefore they were not asleep. If we take that seriously that they recorded the gospel, then they recorded this prayer, then they were not really asleep.

This is called an inaccuracy. Obviously they were listening so.

Judaism, historical:

What are the Ten Commandments?

Do not take my name in vain.

Taking God's name in vain is more than o shucks. It requires that you believe you are using his name, in the first place.

The first line "Our father who art in Heaven" "Holy is your name" --therefore what comes or what is said after this must be the truth

"Thy Kingdom Come"

It's possible that in slang historical that might be like going "TELLING THE TRUTH" really loud, like a joke, or it's also possible that we have to take that as the truth, because it's a commandment and that is the proper way to pray anything.

However what is real and final is that we are certain to miss any historical context in the gospels, whatever is left over, of Judaism or anything like that.
kiuku

1  
Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 08:04 am
@kiuku,
why does the devil laugh at praying, why does he laugh at the book itself, why does he laugh at this part? could it be that it can be construed as a comedy to people of certain knowledge? That's all I wanted to know.

I don't know, that could be like "West Africa" e mail alerts, to us.

I set out to figure out what was so funny about the bible;

However technically that's a true statement-I figured this out, because otherwise he is taking the Lord's name in vain.

good sir, when I pray you just bust out laughing and you cheer on as if nothing happened

that's how I wrote my book; someone I know. That's the best part, he says.
kiuku

1  
Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 05:31 pm
@kiuku,
I wonder if it could also be God's torture. God apparently tortures. This is a torture tactic called hope. That's the funniest thing for me to do to people then when they make false promises, so now I say His Kingdom Come. Because I'm a saint. If people make fake promises, any time someone impresses me with a belief or a hope in the future somewhere, or something to look forward to, to me my retort is His Kingdom Come.

yes it's a joke to me, and I'm a saint. I'm a real saint too. His kingdom come is a joke to me, the way I'm using it. Ask me and I'll tell you another one.