3

"Thy kingdom come". What's that about?

neologist

1  
Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 11:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
.... Isaiah was simply painting a word-picture of the afterlife in materialistic earthly terms the human mind could understand. .. .
So you disagree with Isaiah 45:18?
Romeo Fabulini

2  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 12:14 am
@neologist,
Neologist wrote:
So you disagree with Isaiah 45:18?

"..he who fashioned and made the earth,
he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabited"

No, why should anybody want to disagree with it? It's common knowledge he created it and put Adam and Eve in it to start populating it.
Then when the world ends, Jesus is coming to collect all true Christians and whisk them off to paradise-
"In my fathers house are many mansions,I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then come back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)

but I'm sure he'll let you stay on earth if you want..Smile
neologist

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 12:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
So you're saying this wonderful earth, God's gift, is not sufficient for you?

Perhaps you do deserve something different.

neologist

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 01:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Have you noticed that the prevailing opinion of those posting in the religious forums on a2k is that the Bible is not to be taken seriously? Even those who claim to believers seem unable to understand the integrity of the Bible as a whole. What do you think about that?

Romeo Fabulini

2  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 02:55 am

Neologist wrote:

If you're happy to be imprisoned in a fleshy body on this spinning ball of mud you're welcome to it mate, but all true Christians find it distasteful to be trapped in the material universe and can't wait to get out..Smile
"Don't love the world or the things in it,otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Col 3:2)
"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen,for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18)

Romeo Fabulini

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 03:18 am
Neologist wrote:

I don't give a rat's ass about "prevailing opinions" mate, I simply have fun strutting my stuff..Smile
"We're not looking for praise from men" (1 Thess 2:4-6)

As for people who seem "unable to understand the integrity of the Bible as a whole", that's their problem, not mine..Smile
Paul had to remind people to stay focussed on Jesus rather than get sidetracked into obscure theology-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

A simple slimline gospel like this can be picked up for a few pence and read in a couple of days, but if it does nothing for people and they feel they have to go searching elsewhere all over the Bible for "the truth", they're in big trouble-
Jesus said-"My Father’s house has many rooms..and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through ME" (John 14:1-6)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gospel.gif~original
neologist

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 10:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
That seems to be one difference between you and Jesus, he did not strut his stuff. - John 7:!6

BTW, Have you ever compared your language to Ephesians 4:29?

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .A simple slimline gospel like this can be picked up for a few pence and read in a couple of days, but if it does nothing for people and they feel they have to go searching elsewhere all over the Bible for "the truth", they're in big trouble-
Watchtower Society gives its literature free. And, if you think you can completely understand the writings of John without understanding the rest of the Bible, you may belatedly come to understand the meaning of Proverbs 2:21, 22 "For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. 22 But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it."

See 2Timothy 3:16

Romeo Fabulini

1  
Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 07:55 pm
Romeo said-"I don't give a rat's ass about "prevailing opinions" mate, I simply have fun strutting my stuff.."

Neologist wrote:

Mate, you sound like Nanny McPhee, I bet you'd also tell Jesus to tone himself down too..Smile
Jesus said to the snooty priests-
"You're full of ****!" (Matt 23:27)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look clean on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean" Matt 23:27
neologist

1  
Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 12:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
And your point is?

Romeo Fabulini

1  
Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 05:21 am
The point is that if we want Jesus as our Gang Leader, we automatically become as tough as him..Smile
Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?

"Waddya got?"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/wildone.jpg
neologist

1  
Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 10:01 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Gang Leader?