Sat 27 Apr, 2013 06:52 am
I'm not a man who fallows ANY religion.

Our ancestors who question also answered.

People question our ancestors who questioned.

"Common sense" isn't very common.

This "life" was not "made" for us to make our selves comfortable in. Only the insane are comfortable. In ancient times, it was a GIVEN that to want more than another has is insanity. The world is being ran by the insane. The "rulers" think they are better than others. They consider us as "cattle" using up THEIR natural resources. If a so called "ruler" reads this, let me ask, what makes "stuff" yours? What makes you more important than others? Your greed? Your power to manipulate? Your power to use other PEOPLE? You're crazy! If you claim to have a "posession", then you are possesed. The LOVE of money is the ROOT of ALL evil. Crazy people love stuff and use people to get stuff. The SANE use stuff and love people. Are you SANE or INSANE? Do you use stuff or people? Do you love people or stuff? Are you comfertable with this world? Are you INSANE?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 6,013 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

BillRM

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 07:34 am
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
In ancient times, it was a GIVEN that to want more than another has is insanity

What history books are you reading??????!!!!!!??????
dalehileman

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 09:55 am
@BillRM,
Bill notwithstanding, Truth

Forgive pun

I've long pondered the very issue. Two factors at work: (1) genetics. Those who lead oft possess a certain gene, passed along early, from cave to cave, by the more aggressive male, and

(2) The state of conflict being such a normal state of affairs our leaders--if not we too--feel uncomfortable during the short infrequent intervals of peace, looking for any opportunity to start another conflict
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 27 Apr, 2013 11:30 am
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
If a so called "ruler" reads this, let me ask, what makes "stuff" yours? What makes you more important than others? Your greed? Your power to manipulate? Your power to use other PEOPLE? You're crazy! If you claim to have a "posession", then you are possesed. The LOVE of money is the ROOT of ALL evil. Crazy people love stuff and use people to get stuff.

The sad thing is that it appears to me that the majority of people lift up this mentality of tough love.

When we live in a society that teaches that you may be worth more than your own mother "dollar per hour", what more would you expect?

Looking4Truth

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 05:18 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
The sad thing is that it appears to me that the majority of people lift up this mentality of tough love.When we live in a society that teaches that you may be worth more than your own mother "dollar per hour", what more would you expect?

People shouldn't be valued by how much money they have. People should simply be valued. People are not their money. You are worth a LIFE. Why do people have it backwards? Why love stuff and use people instead of using stuff and loving people? I think the answer is selfishness.

An anthropologist proposed a game to the kids in an African tribe. He put a basket full of fruit near a tree and told the kids that who ever got there first won the sweet fruits. When he told them to run they all took each others hands and ran together, then sat together enjoying their treats. When he asked them why they had run like that as one could have had all the fruits for himself they said: ''UBUNTU, how can one of us be happy if all the other ones are sad?'''UBUNTU' in the Xhosa culture means: "I am because we are".
Read more: http://www.harisingh.com/UbuntuAge.htm

0 Replies

Looking4Truth

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 07:56 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
What history books are you reading??????!!!!!!??????

History book? Really?! Half of written history is bull ****! If you're going to determine "his story" by history books, even the Bible, I suggest reading between the lines. While doing so, consider that people are ignorantly grounded and common sense isn't common AT ALL! People have lost their hearts and found their minds. It's not about what you know or think you know. People have gone CRAZY! This world is being ran by the INSANE while the MORONS kiss their ass!

Do you make the rich/greedy more rich? Are you a MORON?

Do you take from the poor by using them to get rich? Are you INSANE?

THIS WORLD IS BACKWARDS! TURN AROUND AND LOOK! TADAAAH!

Sorry for speaking impulsively, I'm just agitated.
BillRM

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:21 am
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
Half of written history is bull ****! If you're going to determine "his story" by history books,

LOL what would you care to go by your own dreams and desire of how history should be?

We even have some of the writings of people living during eras dating back well over 2000 years ago to go by.

Hell we even have the writing of such figures as Caesar see the following link http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10657.
tsarstepan

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:25 am
@Looking4Truth,
Looking4Truth wrote:

I'm not a man who fallows ANY religion.

Quote:
fal·low1 [fal-oh] Show IPA
to make (land) fallow for agricultural purposes.
Origin:
1275–1325; Middle English falwe; compare Old English fealga, plural of *fealh, as gloss of Medieval Latin occas harrows

Odd Freudian slip you have there.
Looking4Truth

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:35 am
@BillRM,
I read one history book talking about how people believed a man rose from the dead because his body wasn't in his tomb. Don't believe everything you read. I don't desire nor dream history to be my own way. Our ancestors wrote what they thought was true. They wrote what they believed. That doesn't mean what they wrote was true.
Looking4Truth

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:48 am
@tsarstepan,
Fallow means to leave unseeded or neglected. If you have seeds to cast, cast them. If casted on bad soil, the seed will not grow. If casted on good soil, the seed will grow.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 08:51 am
@Looking4Truth,
Good grief. Rolling Eyes

That's not a history book and I'm pretty sure you know that. You're entire thread of hyperbolic cynicism isn't original, refreshing, or even close to correct. And the goofy thing is, the person (BillRM) in which you are trying to convince otherwise, isn't some fundamentalist religious proselytizer though you're treating him like he's a bible thumper when he hasn't indicated any such way.

History books are books with footnotes, bibliographies, debated theories, and attempts at evidence to prove said theories. You're supposed to read every history with a grain of salt. Read many history books and compare what each one has to say to and against each other then decide for yourself.

Spouting out and only spouting out forceful cynicism just to be reactionary isn't going to win you arguments or actually help you find the truth (though technically truth for truth's sake is highly overrated and subjective at best).

I suggest instead of looking4truth you find a hobby that's not so goofy. Being a cynical and blatant reactionary rebel isn't getting you anywhere to finding enlightenment any time soon.
Looking4Truth

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:10 am
@tsarstepan,
It's a book of chosen scrolls from history.

I'm not trying to convince anyone anything.

Sorry to sound forceful but I'm not argueing. I'm just pointing out the obvious that others can't seem to see.

I'm sure that the path your headed down is leading you straight to what your looking for. After all, you'll find what you seek.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:05 am
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
I read one history book talking about how people believed a man rose from the dead because his body wasn't in his tomb.

Quote:
Our ancestors wrote what they thought was true. They wrote what they believed. That doesn't mean what they wrote was true.

Is this your way of saying a man may not have rose from the dead even if his body wasn't in his tomb?

You seem to be skeptical about what you read in the bible.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 28 Apr, 2013 10:17 am
@Looking4Truth,
Whatever the bible may or may not be it is not a history book.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 29 Apr, 2013 02:51 am
@Looking4Truth,
Quote:
The "rulers" think they are better than others. They consider us as "cattle" using up THEIR natural resources. If a so called "ruler" reads this, let me ask, what makes "stuff" yours? What makes you more important than others

This posting was reminding of some school of religious thoughts however I could not come up with it right away however it just hit me it the Anabaptists movement an offshoot of the Protestant Reformation.

They annoyed both the Catholic and the Protestant leadership of the 1400-1500 century to the point that they was mostly killed with their idea of peasants being the equal to the rulers and the other higher classes and that wealth belong to everyone.

0 Replies

kiuku

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 08:10 pm
@Looking4Truth,
I'm a member of mindfreedom. I don't believe in insanity at all, actually. brain damage maybe but...I don't know. I just think...why can't there be individuals?

I prefer to outright deny any kind of truth in sanity definitions of rather than deny sane or insane.

Please stop supporting non criminal issues, like bad guests who don't shampoo correctly and won't wear their underwear on right, or just bad guests.

Sometimes they "see the symbols" but I don't know...I think that's a right.
0 Replies

magnocrat

Thu 8 Jan, 2015 03:49 pm
@Looking4Truth,
We live in a world run by the rich and powerful while 30,000 starve to death each day.
Darwin called it survival of the fittest and it controls our behaviour to this day.
Religion and philosophy have failed to teach us a better way still we fight of the spoils of life. It has always been so.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Mon 8 Aug, 2016 12:34 pm
@Looking4Truth,
But you sound like the millions in the Herd of Poplular Opinions.

I have known many like you. your motto; Always be seeking, Never find.
0 Replies