What are the things you do not like about nursing?

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 08:22 am
It would be interesting to know what are some of the things nurses do not like about their profession.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,825 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2013 09:36 am
@amygarside,
I'm not a nurse, but I know many nurses.

One thing nurses ( RN) don't like is to be bitten by a patient. Another thing nurses don't like is for patients to attempt to belittle them.
0 Replies

1mustravel

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:27 pm
@amygarside,
I have gleaned much from every area of nursing practice' so I look at all situations in that light. I do find in comparison with other professions however, nursing is not as great a comrade ship as for example, as physicians.
0 Replies

HeavenD

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 02:14 pm
Professions, like people, are prone to stereotyping. You can't possibly understand the intricacies of every career field, so your mind simply grabs and assimilates pieces of history, pop culture and anecdotal information to arrive at an answer to questions like, "What is an astronaut, a lawyer ... a nurse?" Pretty soon your assumptions about a given field become accepted facts -- even though they are neither accepted in that industry nor truly factual.
MarisolMSurface

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 09:14 am
@HeavenD,
I do not like those patients who feel as though they have to always be right – granted I do not mind if you have an opinion, but if you are in the hospital, can you at least accept that other people are trying to help you and want you to get better?
0 Replies