Fri 26 Apr, 2013 06:23 am
My garage door opener is about 14 years old. Now, I faced a problem with it. The working condition of the motor is good, but the attached drive sprocket does not turn. I want to just replace the motor and re-attached the existing censors, chain, etc. In this situation. I am a little confused. Can I replace everything or else drive sprocket part only? If anyone had an experience, please share the information. Any kind of suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,496 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

farmerman

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 07:54 am
@kewinvilson,
he problem I found with these is that, when something goes, its about 10 years past when THAT particular model was made and theyve changed the sprocket sizes and chain hookups. I do have a great reapir guy who will rig up and repair any old door opener no matter what the rigging. Of course, its here in Pa. He will probably come on out if you cover his mileage
0 Replies

stephenandy

Mon 23 Sep, 2013 08:38 pm
@kewinvilson,
. The fix might be something simple that you can troubleshoot yourself. Problems commonly occur with the safety system, the user adjustment controls or the power supply.
0 Replies

CBlack0

Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:15 am
@kewinvilson,
I would not try to repair it yourself, this can be a little dangerous. I'm not sure where you are located? I have a few recommendations for you but would like to make sure I give you one's that are local to you.
0 Replies

CBlack0

Thu 14 Aug, 2014 02:17 pm
@kewinvilson,
Hi Kevinvilson,

Did you manage to fix your garage door opener yet?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Need suggestions regarding the Garage door opener
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 08:19:17