Do Islamics/Muslims believe in hell?

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:16 pm
I heard someone say Jews don't believe in hell. I was wondering if that was true about the islamic religion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,927 • Replies: 6
No top replies

fresco

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:46 pm
@auroreII,
Wikipedia will give you an immediate answer.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:36 pm
@auroreII,

auroreII wrote:

I heard someone say Jews don't believe in hell. I was wondering if that was true about the islamic religion.

Whenever you "hear someone say" something, always double-check. Hearsay is not considered evidence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 02:49 pm
@fresco,
That's a helluva response.
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 07:37 pm
Thanks fresco
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=islam+hell&button=&title=Special%3ASearch
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:17 am
@auroreII,
"Hell" doesn't exist in Judaism (nor anything synonymous to it.) Didn't exist interestingly until Catholicism invented it. In Judaism, if you do things to merit some sort of major punishment, you're simply not resurrected along with everyone else.

As to Islam, being a hybridization of Judaism and Christianity with regional arab elements in it, it has their equivilent of Hell. According to the Qur'an, every suicide bomber is there.
vikorr

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 07:58 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
I think I have this right (not 100% sure) - every muslim goes through hell before reaching heaven, except for the martyrs. They get a passage straight to heaven.

The Quran has nothing about suicide bombers, nor anything close to it. The implications of why a suicide bomber does what he does, and whether it follows the other teachings of the Quran is what is at question. Ie. are they martyrs, or not.

Quick search with a basic intro to hell / heaven

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/faith-and-worship/islamic-creed/167126-heaven-and-hell-permanent-or-temporary.html
0 Replies