Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:14 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
It's not a gun free zone if I'm there.

Really? That means you never fly on a commercial jet, or visit a federal building?
Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:19 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't fly commercially, and federal buildings are not what the particular type of terrorist in question would every consider to be a soft target.
maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:27 pm
@Frugal1,
I am not talking about a "particular type of terrorist". I am asking about you... particularly your claim that you won't go to a gun free zone. This includes airports, schools, hospitals, Federal Buildings, many churches.... I am only wondering how extreme your "gun free zone" avoidance is.

If you were just throwing this out as a throw away line, then I won't mind if you back down. But a claim you never enter a gun free zone seems a little extreme.
Baldimo

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:33 pm
@maxdancona,
My father never enters gun free zones, to include the ones you mention, it is possible.
Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:47 pm
@maxdancona,
I did not claim that I would not go to a gun free zone, I said that the gun free zone would not be gun free if I was there because I will be packing.

You're not blonde, are you?
maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 03:57 pm
@Frugal1,
So you sneak a gun into places where you aren't supposed to have a gun? That would be difficult in an airport or a Federal Building (since they check).

It would be irresponsible, in my opinion, for you to insist on sneaking your gun where it isn't wanted... for example into private property where to owners don't want them or into schools and churches where the communities say "no".

You may have the right to "pack" a gun in your own home or in some public spaces. People also have the right to keep guns out of their homes, schools and churches if they so choose.

maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 04:04 pm
@Baldimo,
I have recently had to go into a Federal Building to get a passport quickly. In the past 5 years I have visited an Army base several times and have been in court proceedings twice. And I have flown on commercial airliners many times.

Sometimes staying out of gun-free zones is very difficult.
Baldimo

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 04:10 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I have recently had to go into a Federal Building to get a passport quickly. In the past 5 years I have visited an Army base several times and have been in court proceedings twice. And I have flown on commercial airliners many times. Sometimes staying out of gun-free zones is very difficult.

I hold to my statement, my father carries in all of those places.
maporsche

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 04:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
I have recently had to go into a Federal Building to get a passport quickly. In the past 5 years I have visited an Army base several times and have been in court proceedings twice. And I have flown on commercial airliners many times. Sometimes staying out of gun-free zones is very difficult.

I hold to my statement, my father carries in all of those places.

Even against the wishes of private citizens/businesses? Interesting.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 04:18 pm
@Baldimo,
How does he manage that? Are you saying he carries illegally and has some clever way to get through security at Federal Buildings, Court houses and airports?

Or is there some legal way that let's him do what normal Americans can't.

I am not exactly searched when I enter an Army base as a civilian, but it is clear (and plainly posted) that personal firearms are not allowed on base. I could probably get away with it, but following the rules as a visitor on a military base (or a church, or someone's house) seems like the right thing to do (and a smart idea as well).
RABEL222

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 04:44 pm
@maxdancona,
IF he packs all the time I am sure we will be hearing about him before long. Of course he is probably another big talking liar who is trying to impress with his macho shyt like some others on this site.
Baldimo

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Seeing as how he is a Federal Cop, he can carry EVERYWHERE. Planes, federal buildings and even businesses that say no firearms.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:07 pm
@maxdancona,
It is totally responsible for American citizens that can legally carry a weapon like myself, do so regardless of sneaky liberal laws & policies. You do not dictate when & where I can be armed to protect myself, only I make that call. It is my choice - not yours.
Baldimo

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:07 pm
@RABEL222,
You are proving once again that you add no substance to any discussion.
Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:09 pm
@Baldimo,
You don't have a clue.
maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:12 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

It is totally responsible for American citizens that can legally carry a weapon like myself, do so regardless of sneaky liberal laws & policies. You do not dictate when & where I can be armed to protect myself, only I make that call. It is my choice - not yours.

In my house I sure as hell can to tell you to leave your guns outside. And in my church I can too. And in my army base. And in my Federal Building. And in my airport. It is not your choice. I will see to it that you either leave your guns or get arrested. You can argue about how "legal" you think it is with a judge.

You have a set of rights that we the people have given you to have your little guns to make you feel safer. You don't have unlimited rights.

You want to fly on a commercial airline, you either stow your guns... or you stay at home.

maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:13 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

You don't have a clue.

I think this is what is called "friendly fire". It is a good thing that Frugal isn't packing here, eh Baldimo? Wink.

0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:23 pm
@maxdancona,
I choose not to visit your home - my choice.
I've never been stopped & frisked when entering a church.
I have no reason to visit a military base - but I will play by their rules if I do - my choice.
You will see to nothing, that's just emotional talk.
If I am forced to fly commercially, I will check my firearms in at the counter as luggage - my choice.
Max, you have a false sense of superiority / authority that's going to get you in trouble someday...
pray to God there is someone like me right there to bail your dumb ass out when the SHTF.
maxdancona

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:46 pm
@Frugal1,
I am fine with that... as long as you follow the rules.

I do think that you should respect a church's wishes about guns. There are churches that think that allowing participants to be armed is a good idea... although there are parts of the Bible that they should probably skip. There are many churches that have no-gun policies; you should either not attend, or to respect their wishes).

I don't know why you think I need someone like you.

I respect and trust police officers and members of the military. In fact my "anti-gun" ass was protected pretty well by real law enforcement when the **** did hit the fan... which is what this thread was about before you came to spam it up. Random goofballs with guns didn't do anything for us when we faced real terrorists. I don't know what you were doing that day.

I could do without random guys with guns. You are right, we need to tolerate you because you do have some constitutional rights. But that is the extent of it.
Frugal1

Mon 12 Dec, 2016 06:08 pm
@maxdancona,
I mostly play by my own rules, but I never go out looking for trouble - I actually do my very best to avoid trouble while being prepared for trouble at the same time. Does that make sense to you?

Carrying a gun puts a HUGE burden of responsibility on the individuals shoulders, it is not a choice anyone should take lightly. I happen to live in a county where the Sheriff encourages citizens to carry a gun for protection, they even offer training classes to citizens. We all get along quite well, but the next county over (super liberal) is just the opposite, and they have all sorts of problems that my county doesn't.

I have an assortment of pistols that I carry on any given day, but this is my home protection gun - it stays in the house, but sometimes travels with me - you never know.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cze1CzVWgAAtuGB.jpg:large