Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

contrex

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 02:52 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I see.

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Well, if Oralloy has decided to grace this thread with his presence, Knoxy can't be far away. You did get the "trying to be nonchalant" reference...?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:16 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:
That which is asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

That certainly is you in a nutshell

Nonsense.
oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:16 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
It's certainly not certain one way or the other, C. If she is, I guess that she will have to live with her own demons. If she isn't, then she has already suffered much much too much.

Actually it is very certain.

There has never been any evidence against her and Raffaele, AND there has been strong evidence from the beginning that the crime was carried out by someone unrelated to them (Rudy Guede).
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:22 pm
@oralloy,
You're so sure about so many things that you are so dead wrong on that anything you say to help Amanda looks like another of your copious lies.
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:22 pm
@oralloy,
As I mentioned,

A dandy example of those renowned American debating skills.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:27 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
You're so sure about so many things that you are so dead wrong on that anything you say to help Amanda looks like another of your copious lies.

Feel free to try to point out even one untrue thing that I've said.

I'm certainly not infallible, but I don't make anywhere near as many errors as you suggest (and I never lie).
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Feel free to try to point out even one untrue thing I've said.

The US doesn't target innocents and civilians.
oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:31 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Feel free to try to point out even one untrue thing that I've said.

The US doesn't target innocents and civilians.

From the period of WWII forward, my statement is true.

I acknowledge that we did such before WWII.
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:41 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

You are a bald faced liar who has advanced this bald faced lie a number of times. You are so ignorant of US history that you couldn't even say when the atrocities took place in the Philippines.
oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:38 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:

You are a bald faced liar who has advanced this bald faced lie a number of times.

Since my statement is true, it cannot be a lie.

JTT wrote:
You are so ignorant of US history that you couldn't even say when the atrocities took place in the Philippines.

True. But so what? No person is capable of knowing everything.
BillRM

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes and if that young man had broken into a home instead of a boat looking for a hiding place and a family to take hostage a 357 in the homeowner hand would be far more useful then a professional police force.
BillRM

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:16 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
People with guns have a tendency to shoot people with those guns instead of working things out.
(We could study that more closely but the NRA has blocked research into the psychology of gun ownership. )

Strange as I come from a family that had firearms in the homes for a few generations that I know of without anyone shooting someone.
cicerone imposter

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:27 pm
@BillRM,
You're one family; look at the totals.

Over 3,000 children are killed by guns ever year.
http://www.iansa.org/news/2012/03/us-over-3000-children-killed-by-guns-every-year
maxdancona

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:33 pm
@BillRM,
The bombers broke into a car. The car's owner was unarmed. He was left unharmed.
Lustig Andrei

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:52 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The bombers broke into a car. The car's owner was unarmed. He was left unharmed.

Yup. And I've been thinking, lucky thing he wasn't packing. They probably would've killed him right away if they saw him as a threat, a person with a gun.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

Yes, I would love to count/depend on mass murders not to kill me. The kind of persons that had a few days before had placed a bomb in front of an 8 year old child and walk away before setting it off. For msyself I would take my chances in a gun fight with such people any old day.

But that is just me if you people wish instead to depend on such people not killing you to the point you would allowed them to take yourself and your family hostage without fighting be my guest.

cicerone imposter

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 07:01 pm
@BillRM,
Your bravado is only exceeded by your ignorance. Anybody that wants to shoot you isn't going to invite you to a dual.
Lustig Andrei

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 07:14 pm
@BillRM,
I used to think that way also, Bill. I'll take my chances in a gunfight. Problem is, a lot of the time there is no opportunity of a gun "fight". I changed my mind about this several years ago when Imight have been killed, had I been carrying a gun.

Here's the story: quite a few years ago I drove a cab in Boston. I was between jobs in my usual profession and driving a cab seemed like a good way to make a few bucks while interviewing for regular work. When working a night shift, I had gotten in the habit of carrying a small caliber pistol with me, stashed under the driver's seat. This one night I had inadvertently left the gun at home. I got robbed at knife-point. Three young men, quite professional about it. Got into the cab while I was at a taxi stand in front of the Lenox Hotel near Copley Square and gave me an address in Dorchester. The address turned out to be an empty lot, with some houses under construction on the lot. These guys knew just what they were doing. They had knives at my throat the moment I had shifted into "park." They knew how to read my waybill, ascertaining just how much cash I should have in my possession from the entries on the waybill. While one guy held the knife near my jugular, another counted the cash and a third did a quick but thorough inspection of the cab to see what else of value I might have. They found no gun, thank God, because I'm sure they would have shot me just to see if the gun was loaded and working properly. They didn't cut me. All they cut was the cord on my radio mike so I couldn't call in for help on the two-way radio. They left me there with my cab and ran off with the money.

I said a prayer of thanks that on that particular night I had not been carrying any firearm.
BillRM

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 07:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Your bravado is only exceeded by your ignorance. Anybody that wants to shoot you isn't going to invite you to a dual.

If someone is breaking down my door to enter with very special note of the situation then existing in the Boston area no invitation would be needed I would do my best to killed him.

But please feel free to let yourself and your love ones be taken hostage in the hope the young man would show you the mercy he did not show either to children or his own brother who he drove over but did show to a hijacked driver.

fool.........
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 07:20 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
True. But so what? No person is capable of knowing everything.

Illustrative of just how little you do know of US history. And yet you still try to maintain this bald faced lie.

That's illustrative of your deep dishonesty.
0 Replies