Does A2K search function work?

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:07 am

A2K search function has failed me 100% for a decade.
When I tried some key words my old threads. For example, I searched "Christians all too often come across as arrogant," A2K would showed no result. But when I put it in Google and click to search, the particular thread of mine in able2know would jump to front and anything was okay!

The question is: How to Use A2K Search Properly?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,235 • Replies: 5
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:14 am
@oristarA,
I can't answer your question because the search engine works for me ... part of the time. Probably more then 50 or 60% of the time, I get the thread I'm looking for.

The strange thing is ... I believe that Google is the foundation for the site specific search engine.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:14 am
@oristarA,

the search function will be revamped someday.

in the meantime, using google is the best way to search for a post -- that's how i found this Robert post from 2008...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:39 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Google is the foundation for the site specific search engine.
it is, but for some strange reason it doesn't work as well as straight googling...
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 02:30 pm
Curiouser and curiouser.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 02:37 pm
I'm fairly successful at searching with the small Search word up in the right hand corner - the search that involves google. The biggest problem I have is remembering quite specifically what I am searching for and adding the right words. I haven't resorted to google as such in at least a year, but I'll agree it probably is better.

I use the bigger search window on the New Pages page to find whole categories, for example, dogs.
0 Replies