Is Leslie Grantham a good actor? Thanks

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 12:44 pm
Growing up in London, England... I was exposed to EastEnders, a TV show made by the BBC and set in London, to those who are from other countries

I want to know if he is a good actor or not... or if he had the potential to be a good one. Seeing as BBC shows in them days especially had poor lighting, some poor actors, and I think bad directors.. (well directors not on par with the likes of Steven Spielberg if you know what I mean), maybe this sort of stuff could have an effect on an actor. I read somewhere there re some directors out there that can make a bad actor look like good one onscreen, and vise versa... a bad director can make a good actor come across as a bad one, due to scripts, etc.

Here is a short clip of Leslie playing Den Watts, and in this clip he tells his associates that he wants his wine bar rival sorted out as he attacked his friends wife

Here is the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfDWYC0tGg

Please opinions would be great..... what could he have one right? or wht was wrong with his portrayal, or what was right about it?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,025 • Replies: 0
No top replies