Australian wins the Masters

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:01 pm
Adam Scott, from Australia, just won the Masters in a play off. Just watched the green sports coat ceremony.....Congratulations to all the Aussie pals out there. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,101 • Replies: 19
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:04 pm
@glitterbag,
I am assuming that you are posting this news to all those who actually give a ****. Is that not correct?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:37 pm
@farmerman,
Well,,,,,that's one way to look at it, but Adam Scott is the first Australian to win the Masters and since A2K has members in Australia I wanted to say congrats. I have to say its more enjoyable to play golf than to watch it on TV, but frankly watching paint dry is huge fun compared to watching golf on the tube.

Actually the most fascinating thing for me regarding the whole Masters thing, is how do they make sure the green sport coat will be tailored perfectly.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:39 pm
@glitterbag,
I do give a ****. He had been sharp before..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:40 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, that's probably like the readiness for a new pope - many vestments at the ready.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:44 pm
OK, which smart ass tagged this under "bored woman"?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Not me.

I'm a pretty good tagger, back tomorrow.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Me neither. Pick a tag in the next few minutes and I'll put 'er up there for you.
hingehead

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:51 pm
@glitterbag,
I think it's funny that they took the time out to write a tag (or comment - I'm looking at you FM Razz ) on something they're clearly not interested in.

Not very excited by it all - never really get golf - and I did play it in my teens.

But well done us. That should increase the amount of arable land under finely manicured lawns here Twisted Evil
ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:52 pm
@glitterbag,
I tried to over-tag it but it's still there.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:53 pm
Best tweet so far:

Adam Scott jumps the shark.

(a reference to our deeply held cultural conviction that Greg Norman is a choker)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:56 pm
@hingehead,
Huh, I'm fine with Scott.
I've written elsewhere about the preserved areas.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 06:58 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
many vestments at the ready.

do the extra green jackets end up at a Goodwill?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 07:14 pm
@roger,
Roger, can you list "smart ass magnet" as a tag? Actually, it was pretty funny, but since I can get into trouble all by myself, I don't need any help. It can stay, others have listed additional tags. And the more I think about, I do tend to visit when I'm bored, so maybe the tag should stay.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 07:15 pm
@ehBeth,
No, too tacky = for the store..

kidding of course.

But green is not really a favorite.
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:02 am
@hingehead,
Iill never tag a thread that does not need one. The subject herein is self explanatory and my post was a mere attempt at a little honest reflection that I think golf is one of(if not THE) stupidest undertakings humans can engage in. Yesterday I spent quality time with my cat.
Golf courses are centers of toxic wastes and wastes of resources. The worship of people who can endure the harrowing exertion to walk a few miles while having some schlub carry all their gear, stopping only every so often to hit a ball further, is about as boring as having to attend a Thomas Kinkde art show.

But no, I did not tag the thread. I usually only tag gungasnakes threads bacause he needs em. This is a harmelss diversion and a discussion among people who DO actually give a **** about golf. SO thats interesting enough.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 10:02 am
@farmerman,
I don't know who tagged it, but it actually struck me funny. My husband will watch golf on TV with the sound off, which is completely lost on me. I've attempted to play, of course I stink, but I took enough classes to recognize truly gifted golfers display all the perfect forms instructors sought to teach the beginners.

The "bored woman" tag disappeared, but in all honesty, I really should add that to anything I post in the future. It really did make me laugh out, when I saw it I showed it to mr. Glitterbag and we both agreed it was a spot on tag. I'm sorry if anybody caught grief over my "smart ass" remark, please understand it was stated in admiration over the cleverness of a fellow smart ass, not because I was miffed.

I also want to thank farmerman for the information regarding pollution. I live right outside of Annapolis, and our numerous waterways are dangerously close to becoming unusable. When I was a child, my mom would take us to local beaches and we would soak in the water until we were waterlogged. Today, at those same spots, you have signs letting you know if the water is safe enough to enter. The Bay is endangered, crabs oysters and rock fish are perishing in dead zones and it really is due to pollution. In this area, our wetlands and streams, rivers are bearing the brunt of over development of housing and big retailers.
I had never considered the impact of golf courses, probably because it is full of grass rather then another mall or parking lots.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 10:36 am
@glitterbag,
Golf history involved non-manicured courses. It's not so much the game that is at fault re pollution, as the modern golf course developments, which are especially worrisome when courses are set up in desert or semi arid desert areas.

Dessert areas - we need more dessert areas, don't we?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 03:49 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

But green is not really a favorite.

Looked OK on Adam Scott, though.

Looks OK on golf courses, too! Cool

"Jumped the Shark" - good one, hinge
turnerdaniel770

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 05:03 am
@margo,