Put your Margaret Thatcher jokes here

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2013 07:05 pm
Sure it's offensive, but some of these are funny-- and you can't say she didn't bring it on herself. Judy Garland's song from the Wizard of Oz "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" is has hit the top ten most requested song this week in the UK.

Graffiti has sprung up to mark the occasion,

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/130409-thatcher-belfast-9a.photoblog600.jpg

On a sad note (I don't make this up) the twitter tag "#nowthatcherisdead" made fans of Cher and Teri Hatcher fear the worst.

Put your Margaret Thatcher humor here (or thumb me down for lack of taste, it's all the same to me).

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 6,370 • Replies: 19

fbaezer

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2013 07:14 pm
Said in the UK:

"Margaret Thatcher's final wish was to be cremated.
Unfortunately, we've no coal left. "
dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2013 10:06 pm
@fbaezer,
Both great!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 03:59 am
I'm a keen swimmer, and if someone were to ask me what my favourite stroke was, I'd say Margaret Thatcher's.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 04:00 am
Posted this on another thread. She's been in hell two days and she's already closed the furnaces down.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 04:04 am
@izzythepush,
Thatcher is the target of pranksters at HOAX.COM they claim she has died. To prove their point Downing street have issued a statement from the DWP stating ATOS have assessed her as fit for work
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 04:09 am
@izzythepush,
What's the difference between Margaret Thatcher and Michael Jackson?

Margaret Thatcher didn't like miners.

When I realised Margaret Thatcher was dead, I did a double fist pump and shouted, "******* brilliant!"
Everyone around me was disgusted, and looking back, I suppose it was out of order.
Especially as I was the first paramedic at the scene.

Margaret Thatcher has been admitted to hospital.
She is not expected to live - her condition is described as satisfactory
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:29 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Sure it's offensive, but some of these are funny-- and you can't say she didn't bring it on herself.

The inference, in my opinion, of that popular notion of "you can't say she didn't bring it on herself," is often used to blame many a victim. The woman that went out with too short a skirt was obviously enticing men to accost her (read sarcastic). The African-Americans that didn't pander to white bigotry were asking for trouble (read sarcastic). The European Jews that after two-thousand years chose not to convert (to Christianity) were only waiting for a Holocaust (read sarcastic). The women that don't hide their intelligence are only looking to make men feel unintelligent (read sarcastic). And on and on.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:36 am
@Foofie,
To quote Polly Toynbee.

"When she(Thatcher) walked into Downing Street promising harmony instead of discord, only one in seven children was poor and Britain was more equal than at any time in modern history. But within a few years, a third of children were poor, a sign of the yawning inequality from which the country never recovered."

She brought it on herself by destroying communities and ruining lives.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 09:06 am
@Foofie,
Is there a joke there Foofie? This is a joke thread.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 09:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Also not a joke izzy.

We have had a Argentinian Pope for 2 weeks now, coincidence?
Foofie

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 12:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

To quote Polly Toynbee.

"When she(Thatcher) walked into Downing Street promising harmony instead of discord, only one in seven children was poor and Britain was more equal than at any time in modern history. But within a few years, a third of children were poor, a sign of the yawning inequality from which the country never recovered."

She brought it on herself by destroying communities and ruining lives.

Uhhh? Children aren't "poor." Their parents are. And, I have no idea why their parents became poor. Let's just say that the jobs that were available, many people were not trained/educated adequately. Whose fault was that? Was it the fault of a society that allowed the masses to wallow in a popular culture that didn't focus on self-direction and achievement? I suppose that culture preceded Margaret Thatcher. As the saying goes, "payback is a bitch" (that being the moral of the story of the grasshopper and the ant).

Plus, if Germany, at the same time, was not suffering from the same economic ills as Britain, then I have to wonder if the British culture doesn't make for a less sterling work force?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 12:34 pm
@Foofie,
This is a joke thread Foofie.

Although the claim that there are no children living in poverty because it is their parents who are living in poverty is funny, it is inadvertently funny. That doesn't count in a joke thread.

If you want to participate in this joke thread, how about posting a joke.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:05 pm
@Foofie,
I'm not going to waste any more time with you Fluff.

It’s been announced that Margaret Thatcher will have a state funeral. The former PM is to be buried at the bottom of a man made lake.
Or at least she will be once we’ve finished pissing on her grave.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 01:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Also not a joke izzy.

Depends on who you ask, Max. Many people would be laughing their asses off at such a description.

Here's 28 examples of those people. Maggie watered them and helped them flourish.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/Occupy-Wall-Street/ig/Occupy-Wall-Street-Cartoons/Demonstrators-vs--Bankers.htm
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 05:02 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Although the claim that there are no children living in poverty because it is their parents who are living in poverty is funny, it is inadvertently funny.

It is true; and, it is often stated about children, in my opinion, since by focussing on the children, and not the parents, it can make people not wonder why the parents did not take their future responsibilities seriously by preparing for parenthood and the economic needs it entails.

Also, by focussing on the child being in poverty, and not their respective parents, in my opinion, it makes the need to address the poverty a priori necessary, never asking whether the parents can even handle a job that would alleviate the poverty.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 05:58 pm
@Foofie,
... and by ignoring the effects of poverty of children it isn't necessary to address the problem of poverty.

I see your point Foofie.

If only the coal miners that Thatcher screwed had a job that could alleviate poverty.
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 07:49 am
You guys, stop. This is a joke thread.

This one made me spit up my coffee.

Quote:
Margaret Thatcher has been admitted to hospital.
She is not expected to live - her condition is described as satisfactory

Thank you, IzzythePush.

Joe(more, more)Nation
izzythepush

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 09:01 am
@Joe Nation,
Alright Joe

Just seen the plans for Margaret Thatcher's grave. Beautiful really, but I think they should have made the dancefloor bigger.

I see there is a new film about Margaret Thatcher
Would of been better to bring it out after she Died.
That way atleast we'd know there was a happy ending

This one is from before she died.

BBC News: Former prime minister Margaret Thatcher is recovering in hospital after having a growth removed from her bladder.

The hospital report that the growth is doing well, and will be capable of replacing David Cameron in approximately 18 months time.

The BBC is airing a 15 second programme of tributes from people with northern accents.

I only had four hours of sleep last night in honour of Margaret Thatcher- although in fairness that's because I was out celebrating til 3.00 am.

The coffin will be draped with the Argentine flag since that's where most of our coal now comes from.

The Pope and Margaret Thatcher are on the same stage in front of a huge crowd.

The ex-PM and His Holiness, however, have seen it all before, so to make it a little more interesting, Maggie says to the Pope, "did you know that, with just one little wave of my hand, I can make every Conservative in the crowd go wild?"

He doubts it, so she shows him. Sure enough, the wave elicits rapture and cheering from every Conservative in the crowd. Gradually, the cheering subsides.

The Pope, not wanting to be out done by such a level of arrogance, considers what he could do. "That was impressive, but did you know that, with just one little wave of my hand, I can make every person in the crowd go crazy with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, like that of your subjects, but will go deep into their hearts and they will forever speak of this day and rejoice."

Thatcher seriously doubts this and says so. "One little wave of your hand and all people will rejoice forever? Show me."

So the Pope punched her.

Buddhists worldwide have declared an emergency day of sexual abstinence today because no-one wants to be the next parents of Margaret Thatcher.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 03:37 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

... and by ignoring the effects of poverty of children it isn't necessary to address the problem of poverty.

I see your point Foofie.

If only the coal miners that Thatcher screwed had a job that could alleviate poverty.

I didn't post the above quote. My point was that when one makes reference to children in poverty, one is more concerned with the poverty, since it is affecting children. People are less concerned about adults being in poverty.

However, I do not know what Thatcher did that made a problem for the coal miners. You can educate me, if you like.
0 Replies