Capitalism...

visavis

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:10 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
visavis wrote:
"You know all that money that we spend on nuclear weapons and defense every year, trillions of dollars, correct?
Nope. Not even close. Not if you added the entire world's expenditures together. I agree that we could, and probably should try to provide basic sustenance to the starving masses, but that statement is still ridiculous. Plus, there are venues where we couldn't feed the people without first fighting their oppressor. Check out North Korea for an example of this.

although i do like you actually replying to what i posted rather than being ignorant to what i posted.. so thanks however, this is not me talking this is something from Bill Hicks a realist - political - comedian and his point is more of the 'defense' agency which is doing the exact opposite of 'defense' most of the time and bringing about more destruction by its existence. and he was stating this in a string of passionate statements and not sure if he did ignore the obvious situation that would occur if we no longer had a DoD but still.. if EVERYONE threw down their defenses... then this statement could come to fruition. realistic? lol no
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 06:04 pm
I didn't think the US was even a true democracy, so that last one shouldn't be an option.
0 Replies

visavis

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:54 pm
L.R.R.Hood wrote:
I didn't think the US was even a true democracy, so that last one shouldn't be an option.

nah its not a true democracy but it is suppose to be democratic to some extents (thats the theory of it) .. yet in actuality its not.
0 Replies