I didn't do aything wrong so why would he do this to me?

samy666

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:07 pm
this professor(who's not much older than me) used to always look at me like 80% of the time when he's lecturing+smile+crack jokes and look at me.he kept doing this for like 10weeks but last week he just sudenley stopped looking now he never looks at me at all,he's totally ignoring me like i don't exist but still choses me to do presentations even when i don't volounteer why did he do that?(the looking+the ignoring+asking me to do the presentations...)i dnt understand!!! (btw i'm a very hardworking student,i always do my job,i don't aaaaaaaaalways participate in class because i'm sometimes way too tired or just dnt think i have something very interesting to say but i always take notes and pay attention+in the last cession he looked at me i participated,we discussed stuff,he was smyling....that's what made me even more confused.i didn't do anything so he would suddenley ignore me this way)so why is he doing this,and how can i get his attention back?
PS:please dnt criticise,just help me with your answer.Thank you Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,109 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:12 pm
@samy666,
He is a professor; you are a student.

He will get in MAJOR trouble if he shows any favoritism toward you. As in, he can lose his job. It is likely that he realized this (or he may have been reminded of it by a peer) and is now going back to being a professional and treating you like any other student.

Go back to being a normal student and hang out with people of your own age group and don't give this a second thought except to pass his class.
Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:14 pm
@samy666,
Here's a thought...perhaps he's just doing his job by trying to motivate you and involve you in classroom participation.

He may or may not know what's going on in your head. However, I'll bet that he's neither interested in risking his job nor starting controversy.
samy666

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:16 pm
@jespah,
i don't intend to act on it i just liked that attention i used to get and i'm just wondering if he has a crush on me that's why he's acting this way(do u think he has a crush on me?)
0 Replies

samy666

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:19 pm
@Ragman,
i thought so too but when he suddenley stopped looking at me like that i got supicious.why would he do that?could he possibly have a crush on me?that's what a friend said
Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:27 pm
@samy666,
Here's a thought: Just let it pass. No matter what might have been his original motivation, it's far too risky for him. If it were me, I'd stick to dating peers.
samy666

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:31 pm
@Ragman,
okay thanks anyway
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 01:03 pm
@samy666,
This man is PAID to act interested in EVERY student.

Perhaps you misunderstood his requests and smiles.

Perhaps it's another student's time to have his attention since you are a good student and he does not need to pay so much attention to you.

0 Replies

yashi

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2013 07:42 am
@samy666,
According to me you should let it be. he is a teacher and you are a student, that's it. If any problem occur, it won't be good for both of you. May be he is just trying to include you in class activities so just don't get any thoughts about that. Another thing that can be possible that may be he had something for you but he is not going to risk his job. It's the best for you too.
0 Replies