What are humans really like???

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Dale has been anti mods here from near the get go. But he never seems to connect with them; probably he doesn't listen, but that is just a guess. He seems not to read other than his own threads, and builds on that ignorance.

He comes here with agenda fulfilled and works up weird questions while repeatedly erstwhiling and taking the veil of pending alzheimers, using that as exclusivity. So cute.

I nominate him as Mr. Passive Aggressive of the year, whatever year it is.
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:46 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
saying they're drawn here because of the anonymity we afford

No as it more a matter of not needing to work with the persons on this website for example or having them as members of my family or a millions of others reasons to not press my point of views to the point that I am reducing my abilities to have a "working" relationship with them.

It not that the the people here do not have my complete ID that is the main factor it that I have no need to worry that we might need to work on some project or sit across the family diner table and so on.

Let see if this website primary purpose was to allowed us to do software projects together that would be the limiting factor not them knowing me by some handle or by my legal name.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Dale has been anti mods here from near the get go.
To the contrary Osso, I have stated repeatedly that the a2k Admin types are 'way liberal compared to other Internet forums and I thank them accordingly

Quote:
But he never seems to connect with them;
I get the feeling they don't want to connect with me and I don't blame them

Quote:
probably he doesn't listen, but that is just a guess.
The problem is at 82 and incipient Alz's, forgetfulness as you speculate below, any untoward results for which I apologize most profusely

Quote:
He seems not to read other than his own threads, and builds on that ignorance.
Oh but I must seem a really terrible person

Quote:
He comes here with agenda fulfilled and works up weird questions
Really

Can you provide a link or two so that I know which of my q's seems weird

Quote:
while repeatedly erstwhiling
Wow
What does it mean to erstwhile

I do however use the term occasionally, as it seems less derogatory than "former"

Quote:
and taking the veil of pending alzheimers, using that as exclusivity. So cute.
Why thank you Osso

Quote:
I nominate him as Mr. Passive Aggressive of the year, whatever year it is.
Why thank you once more, I seem to have achieved something of a record
Ice Demon

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Oooh oooh do me next. Am I nominated for anything?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:24 pm
@dalehileman,
I'll give you that you are feisty.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'll give you that you are feisty.
Why thank you again Osso, I'm flattered to get such attention and to have such high regard in a fellow participant
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:28 pm
@Ice Demon,
Snort. Not yet. You need to build up your file. Presently you are in the neverneverland of interested.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:31 pm
@Ice Demon,
Quote:
Oooh oooh do me next.
I too enjoy being done once in a while

Quote:
Am I nominated for anything?
I nom you Ice for today's greatest source of cheer, and I would advise you've made my entire day if somebody a little earlier hadn't beat you to it
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Shocked
I suppose there's some truth that... Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 02:39 pm
Thanks to everyone who has offered comments here. Obviously there are many facets to consider...and I try to give all of them their due.

When I wrote this piece, I was annoyed with some things going on in several different places (A2K being just one of them)...and my impression of the way we are all handling ourselves was jaded.

Interesting points coming up...all worth considering.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 04:27 am
We don't know if someone with whom we exchange remarks here is angry or not. We can't see them, hear them, judge their demeanor or their body language. I've pointed this out to Frank again and again. Accusing people of being angry is one of Frank's tactics. He claims to be a reformed character, but all that has changed is that he employs passive-aggressive insults--he sneers and smears, and lately has been much more forthright in making nasty remarks about people.

The tactic is simple. You allege that our interlocutor is angry which implies that he or she is being emotional rather than rational, and also implies that you are the voice of sweet reason. Frank just wishes he could make people angry, that he can elicit an emotional response--such as recently when he attempted to claim that i was either stupid or a coward. Hileman has adopted the same tactic of suggesting that anyone who fails to agree with him is angry. His tactic with me is to call me "Anta," because i've told him not to call me Set, as i consider that the prerogative of my friends, among whom i do not number him. Both of these jokers are involved in attempting to create a self-fulfilling prophecy by making people angry.

It's bullshit and they're both hypocrites.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta...you sound very angry here. But I guess that is to be expected, because you almost always seem to be extremely angry. You really ought to get a handle on that...although I do find it amusing and I would hate to lose the laughter factor it evokes for me. Wink Wink Wink Wink
Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
See, there you are with your puerile accusations. Grow up Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:34 am
@Setanta,
Once again you start throwing insults...and when the person you are insulting responds, you go into that childish "you are picking on me" mode.

There is some growing up that needs to be done, Setanta. Do it!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:39 am
Oh, and your nasty passive-aggressive remarks aren't insults? Get a clue. I don't claim you are picking on me, Frank--i see you do this bullshit to other people, too. You know, you really aren't important. Certainly not important enough to get angry. Our little girl dog is dying by inches now, it may be just a matter of days. She was barking because she was all alone upstairs, so i helped her come downstairs, and then i helped her to go out on the back stoop. Eventually, she decided to go back inside. This may be the last day in her life that she ever goes outside.

She's important to me, you're not. You're nothing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Oh, and your nasty passive-aggressive remarks aren't insults? Get a clue. I don't claim you are picking on me, Frank--i see you do this bullshit to other people, too. You know, you really aren't important. Certainly not important enough to get angry. Our little girl dog is dying by inches now, it may be just a matter of days. She was barking because she was all alone upstairs, so i helped her come downstairs, and then i helped her to go out on the back stoop. Eventually, she decided to go back inside. This may be the last day in her life that she ever goes outside.

She's important to me, you're not. You're nothing.

Well...you are certainly spending lots of time with someone who is nothing. You are actually taking time off from comforting a little girl dog who is dying to come here to start an insult dialogue with me. If my cat were dying...you would be the last thing on my mind, Setanta. The fact that you are here going through this nonsense with me at this time says things about you more disgusting than anything anyone else here says about you.

You are an angry, sad, out-of-control person. You started this latest round of insults just the same way you start so many rounds...out of nowhere filled with malice, hatred, and anger.

Stew in it. You deserve it. You've earned it.
Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
No, actually i don't spend much time here at all--but that's part and parcel of your overblown sense of your importance. When i'm done online, i'll be gone and leave to sneer at others, which seems to be all you have going for you.

So tell me, Mr. Epistemology, how do you know that all these hateful insults that you've slung at me (hypocrite) are true? How do you KNOW it, Mr. Internet Civility?
BillRM

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
I strongly suggest you both knock it off at least for a time as it does not make Setanta look good to be in a slap fight with Frank while bringing up his dying dog and on the other hand is does not make Apisa seems any better by stating how he would reacted to having one of his pets in it last hours of life.

Now with that said let me express my sorrow over Setanta losing a beloved member of his family.

All of us who had share our lives with pets are all too aware of the pain and heart break when these deaths occur.

For myself the ashes of my pets both cats and dogs will go into the grave with me as my last showing of repects for them.

Here is a poem from another pet lover dealing with the end when it come time to say goodbye.

Quote:

Rudyard Kipling

"The Power of the Dog"

"GARM -- A HOSTAGE" -- ACTIONS AND REACTIONS
There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie --
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find -- it's your own affair --
But . . . you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!)
When the spirit hat answered your every mood
Is gone -- wherever it goes -- for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept'em, the more do we grieve;

For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long --
So why in -- Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 08:33 am
@BillRM,
Thank you for your kind remark. When she hasn't been wandering around rather confused, the little girl dog has been lying right next to my foot.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:03 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5295937)
No, actually i don't spend much time here at all--but that's part and parcel of your overblown sense of your importance. When i'm done online, i'll be gone and leave to sneer at others, which seems to be all you have going for you.

So tell me, Mr. Epistemology, how do you know that all these hateful insults that you've slung at me (hypocrite) are true? How do you KNOW it, Mr. Internet Civility?

If someone like you wants to think that my attempts to be reasonable and civil are license for the like of you to use me as a doormat...think again.

You started this ****...and now you are crying because I did not let you just roll over me.

You are a hoot.