Romeo and Juliet Thesis Help?

sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:49 pm
I need to write a persuasive essay about how Romeo and Juliet were merely infatuated with each other, and not truly in love. I need help with my thesis statement. Can you tell me which one sounds the best? Also, can you make some of your own thesis statements? That would really help ALOT!! Smile

1--- Although some people may argue otherwise, I believe that Romeo and Juliet were just infatuated with each other considering the way that Romeo quickly forgot his obsession with Rosaline, Romeo and Juliet fell in love while being mere acquaintances, and Romeo was just in love with being in love.

2----Although some people may argue otherwise, I believe that Romeo and Juliet were just infatuated with each other considering the way that Romeo quickly forgot about Rosaline when he saw how pretty Juliet was, Romeo and Juliet fell in love while being mere acquaintances, and Juliet was just flattered by the attention Romeo gave her.

I am not sure that my evidence is stated clearly in my thesis statements. Can you think of any other types of evidence as to why Romeo and Juliet were only infatuated with each other, and not truly in love? I don't want to be redundant and I don't want to use evidence in my statement that I cannot support and back up with quotes. I'm not sure if I can show strong proof in the rest of my essay to support all the evidence that I stated in the thesis. Can you please give me any suggestions, re-word my thesis statement, or write another thesis that would make more sense? Thank You!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,913 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:50 pm
@sband,
Will come back.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:55 pm
This is from a card at SomeeCards.com:

Romeo and Juliet is not a love story. It’s a three day relationship between a 13 year old and a 17 year old that caused 6 deaths.
roger

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hurry, Frank! This is the 4th posting of the question, and if nobody comes up with something, we are going to be overwhelmed.
sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:59 pm
@roger,
.... I only posted 2 questions including this one. My first one was different than this.. so.....
roger

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:59 pm
@sband,
sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
yea, I know that. My essay is about their infatuation with each other, and I need some help with constructing my thesis! Smile
0 Replies

sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:01 pm
@roger,
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:04 pm
@sband,
Split the baby: 3
sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
umm......?
jespah

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:09 pm
@sband,
You do not need to make 3 different topics on this. If you have corrections or additions, just add them here - you are not going to get significantly different responses.
sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:11 pm
@jespah,
two of them are different! and the third was a mistake!
0 Replies

sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:11 pm
@jespah,
sorry about that!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 02:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
Right again.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 03:08 pm
@sband,
sband wrote:
umm......?

It's a Biblical/Legal reference to where wise King Solomon decided the appropriate way to decide a disagreement between two women who both claimed to be a child's mother, was to divide the child into two equal parts -- i.e., "split the baby" [1Kings 3:16-28].

These days, in legal parlance, it refers to dividing something in half.
sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 03:30 pm
@Ticomaya,
ohh! But what does that have to do with Romeo and Juliet?
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 04:29 pm
@sband,
Yeah, I thought you might ask me that question. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the topic of your original 3 threads. (In my defense, I was a History major in college, not an English major.)

But you can file away the "split the baby" knowledge nugget for later on when you'll need it. Wink
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 10:51 am
Kindly cease creating new duplicate topics on this subject. If you have changes to make in your question, make them here as a reply. Thank you.
sband

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 10:53 am
@jespah,
Which of these topics can be thoroughly supported? Can you think of any more?

1. Romeo was in 'love' with Rosaline, but quickly fell in 'love' with Juliet when he saw her beauty
2. Romeo and Juliet declared their love for each other without actually getting to know each other
3. Romeo was in love with being in love( he just wanted to love someone)
4. They fell in love with each others appearances
I'm not sure if 3&4 can be supported very well....

0 Replies