Romeo and Juliet Thesis help! :)

sband

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:37 pm

Your Open Question
Show me another ยป
Romeo and Juliet thesis statement help?

I need to write a persuasive essay about how Romeo and Juliet were just infatuated with each other and were not truly in love. I have my evidence to make my thesis statement, but I need a little help with putting it together. Here are my choices to use as evidence in the statement to prove that R&J were only infatuated with each other ( I need to use three):
1. Romeo was in 'love' with Rosaline, but quickly fell in 'love' with Juliet when he saw her beauty
2. Romeo and Juliet declared their love for each other without actually getting to know each other
3. Romeo was in love with being in love( he just wanted to love someone)
4. They fell in love with each others appearances
I don't like how my evidence is worded. Also, I don't think my ideas are very strong or clear, so if you have any other evidence as to why Romeo and Juliet were merely infatuated with each other and not truly in love, please let me know!! Also, I don't want to make my evidence too redundant. Here is how I need my thesis statement to be constructed: Although some people may argue otherwise, I believe that Romeo and Juliet were just infatuated with each other because ................, ...................., and...............................
Thank You!!!!! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,917 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 01:43 pm
@sband,
#1 and #4 are similar.

Maybe make a statement as to their youth and inexperience in the area of human relationships. After all, they're both teens.
0 Replies

amy37

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 12:13 pm
@sband,
I would use 1 &2. They are solid, 3&4 are speculative.

You could mention how completely disillusional they were by 1) over- looking their families rivalry, 2) putting themselves above their families, something along that line.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Romeo and Juliet Thesis help! :)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:21:29