How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Amoh5

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 09:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Your self-proclaiming derogatory attitude and comments about Lord Jesus are your own imagination and ignorance. They are of no interest to me, they are therefore useless and fictitious...
cicerone imposter

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 10:30 pm
@Amoh5,
I have no imagination about some mythical character created some 2,000 years ago. As for the old testament, it tells us this planet is only 7,000 years old when in fact it's some 4.5 billion years old. I try to live my life with factual information, and science is a good guide.
Amoh5

Sat 9 Apr, 2016 12:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well if its facts you aspire to, I know for a fact that the superiority of Lord Jesus will still be around long after the so-called great cicerone has faded and has long gone. Just a forgotten memory, I wonder why? Maybe because he hasn't got anything decent to say thats worth listening to...
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 9 Apr, 2016 01:00 am
Religious fanatics are always such hateful sons of bitches.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 9 Apr, 2016 07:53 am
And atheists are filled with sweetness and light...
reasoning logic

Sat 9 Apr, 2016 08:10 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
And atheists are filled with sweetness and light...

Thank you that is very nice of you but I do have to say there are some religious people as well who are very nice but this does not mean that both groups do not have members that are embarrassing at times.

Leadfoot

Sat 9 Apr, 2016 08:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Loved that first video! His logic was indisputable.

OTOH, believers ARE told 'Whatever you find to do, do it with all your might.' but he should take full credit for what he did..

But yeah, assholes come in all flavors.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Fri 6 May, 2016 05:27 am
The cult of sacred things is never wrong...be it through philosophy science poetry or even religion. Religion has antropomorphise the abstract in the sacred into man needs. It has its utilities. We need that sort of thing as much we need music...
reasoning logic

Fri 6 May, 2016 06:24 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Religion has antropomorphise the abstract in the sacred into man needs. It has its utilities. We need that sort of thing as much we need music...

This seems to be true but do you think religion is evil?

[
cicerone imposter

Fri 6 May, 2016 06:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
That's true because religion and music are common in all cultures.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Sun 8 May, 2016 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I have no imagination about some mythological character created some two thousand years ago
There is too much evidence to suggest that Jesus is mythological . He more than likely existed, he was either God or insane.

The Bible does not say the earth was created seven thousand years ago. It says Seth was born about 7000 years ago. Cain was born before Seth, and made a wonder of the Earth. We don't even know if Seth lived on earth. It doesn't say. Nor do we know how long a year was to Seth and his descendants. We do know that the Old Testament says Cain was on Earth. As far as we know that could have been a hundred thousand years ago. If you want to know how long that was I suggest you look at the fossil record. There might not be any fossils of Seth we don't even know if he lived here. If you want to say there is science in the Bible then you have to adjust the Bible to fit the science we know today. Calibrate the years to what we know. One thing is for sure if men lived as long as it says Before the Flood something was different then than it is today.
reasoning logic

Sun 8 May, 2016 07:10 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
The Bible does not say the earth was created seven thousand years ago.

Do you think that the bible was inspired by something other than by men?
brianjakub

Sun 8 May, 2016 07:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Do you think the Bible was inspired by something other than by men
Either it was inspired by something other than men or Jesus Christ was insane because, he quoted the old testament like it was inspired by something other than men, and then He claimed to be something other than just a man. So either he's insane and it's not inspired or he is God and since he is quoted in the Bible it is inspired by something other than just men.
reasoning logic

Sun 8 May, 2016 07:29 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
Jesus Christ was insane because, he quoted the old testament like it was inspired by something other than men,

Do you think Jesus was a real person and if so why?
brianjakub

Sun 8 May, 2016 07:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
I Think Jesus was a real person for the same reason scientists believe in darwinian evolution, consensus based on logical interpretation of evidence. According to Pew, even a third of the scientists in the American Association for the advancement of science claim to be Christian. So even a lot of scientist think Jesus was real and was not insane.
reasoning logic

Sun 8 May, 2016 09:06 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
even a third of the scientists in the American Association for the advancement of science claim to be Christian.

1/3? That is a big percent and being I love the moral philosophy associated with Jesus, I still consider myself to be a Christian atheist because of the environment that I was raised in.
Just because the letter J is less than 5 hundred years old does not mean that there have not been people who my love goes out to because they have behaved like Jesus did, "such as the Therapeutae

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 9 May, 2016 05:46 am
@reasoning logic,
Institutions are made of social ecosystems that reflect people. The mistake of thinking Religion is evil is no different from the mistake of saying money is evil, or that the State is corrupt...

...if anything comes to mind when I think about the deep meaning of "evil" is that the word works like a simplification, a shortcut for saying complex and complicated...
reasoning logic

Mon 9 May, 2016 05:18 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
The mistake of thinking Religion is evil is no different from the mistake of saying money is evil, or that the State is corrupt...

Personally myself I do not think it is evil but I will say that there were some very evil ideas in the book that I was told were the words of my God.
Fil Albuquerque

Mon 9 May, 2016 05:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes books are written by people to...
reasoning logic

Mon 9 May, 2016 05:47 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Being I find that you have an intellectual ability, what do you think about this person's speech?
I do not agree with him at times but I do find him to be one of the most intellectual people in the USA