How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

neologist

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 06:51 pm
@Dropship,
Welcome to a2k
Or, welcome back
Wink
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 06:54 pm
@Leadfoot,
Hmm
Newton correctly interpreted most of Daniel's prophecy of 70 weeks
reasoning logic

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
@neologist,
What did you think about the photo I shared? You do know I was joking?
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 09:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
Now there is a fine looking fellow, considerably more than I. I recall he once said. "There are those who employ words only to disguise their thoughts"

Perhaps we should invite him to join a2k.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:47 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Perhaps we should invite him to join a2k.

I thought you might like him he was influenced by the works of Isaac Newton Too. What a genius he was.

He told everyone he was 20 years old. He was a pretty face wasn't he?
I guess they whore makeup back then.
FBM

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 08:01 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I guess they whore makeup back then.

Well, that was a little harsh... Wink
timur

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 09:33 am
@FBM,
Some even prostituted their thoughts..
neologist

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:25 am
@timur,
A whoriffic situation
timur

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:31 am
@neologist,
And (peri)pathetic too..
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 11:08 am
@neologist,
What do you think about the interpretation of Genesis by the anonymous ethics teacher who wrote John?
John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Could you imagine a world without words? We would be like the rest of the animals. We would not have this wonderful ability to logically string words together to "Create" concepts that did not exist earlier. we would not have a way to share ideas such as a simple color or the time of day. We owe so much to our God the WORD We do take for granted our linguistic ability at times.

timur

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:17 pm
reasoning logic wrote:
Could you imagine a world without words? We would be like the rest of the animals.

You are nor reasoning neither logic.

You have no imagination either.

Why shouldn't we develop some other kind of communication, like, say, telepathy, fragrances based languages and so on..
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 12:46 pm
@timur,
Quote:
You have no imagination either.

Why do I need my own imagination when I can use yours? It seems as though you are a legend in your own mind.
timur

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 01:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
Instead of legends, I prefer facts and reasons..
neologist

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 01:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think you may have missed the use of the word 'word'. Think of it as the 'authority' or 'messenger'. The speaker in Proverbs, ch 8, referred to as 'wisdom', is the same entity.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 02:02 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Instead of legends, I prefer facts and reasons..

I must have misunderstood you. I thought you may have been one to also enjoy imagining the unknown, like Neal Tyson.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 02:13 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
I think you may have missed the use of the word 'word'.

You used the word "may" Does this mean you could be wrong?

You do clearly understand that we would be like all other animals and have no ability to share our complex ideas without the use of words? Every thing could be created in 7 days by using words. The names of things build our memory and makes us human. We get our in depth memory and understanding of concepts by the use of words.
neologist

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 03:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
Actually, you did miss the use of the word 'word' in the scripture you cited.
I was hoping to encourage you to think.
Looks like I failed.

reasoning logic

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:36 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Actually, you did miss the use of the word 'word' in the scripture you cited.

How many meanings can the word 'word' Have?
CostaCoffeeBob

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
All the great faiths have a core of truths that are similar. If people judge 'Faith' by the past, and the rpesent by wars, the killings in the name of 'God' etc as evidence that Religon is evil, then they do don take intoa ccount the role humankind take sin this. Humans have the ability to be good or evil. Blaming Religion for the eveils in society is simplistic. Political systems can be jsut as evil and kill millions of people.
All this reminds of of the recent statemanet by Sepp Blatter abotu FIFA - he states that FIFA as an organisation is not corrupt, it is people whoa re corrupt. In the same light those who point out the failings fo Christianity, or Islam or any of the Great Faiths for that matter, fail to point out the evil is committed by humans. The core truths of Faith are still the same - these are bent and warped by evil people who want to use Faith as avehicle for their perversions - they use 'God' to justify what they do; in the same way that politicians or businessmen justify what they do in the name of politics or business model.

People cause wars, evil, killing, rapes etc. Those Isil/Daish boby and people murdering scum of the so-called Caliphate are NOT Muslims, they do NOT represent Islam - they are evil pig fornicating scum. No better than Hitler and his muderous Nazis during World war Two, or Pol Pot and the murderous rule of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia - no thsoe people ARE eveil and sick!
Dropship

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 04:55 pm
CostaCoffeeBob said- "All the great faiths have a core of truths that are similar"
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If any faith without Jesus the Son of God in it is "great", I'm Mary Poppins..Wink