Twitter block-limit

MDK010

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:07 am
Hello, I googled for a while but can't find this:
What is the Twitter limit for blocking followers? I want to block 400 spamfollowers in 4 days but I'm afraid my account will be suspended if I block too fast. Is 'blocking' the same as the API limit (180 per hour)?Thanks in advance.

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:23 am
@MDK010,
I'm not so sure that there is an actual block limit. However, as this page and others attest, Twitter imposes numerical limits on a lot of actions, so I would proceed with caution. My suggestion is to go a bit more slowly than that - probably a # closer to 50/day would be safely acceptable.

I suspect that a rise in the block limit (assuming there is one) is one of the perks of having a verified account, but that is speculation on my part.
0 Replies

Skar

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:22 am
@MDK010,
Currently, Twitter doesn't have a block limit.
Under the current policy, your account won't be suspended if you block 400 spamfollowers in 4 days. The only problem I foresee is if the app implemented by third parties, which you are currently using, does not have robust code to account for a collection much more finite than what was anticipated and returns you with a server error when you request the list of people blocked.
Blocking is not the same as the API limit (180 per hour). The API limit is issue of the number queries to search/tweets per time period, and varies from one application to another. The way it works is that a API limit is proportional to the rate payed to Twitter, which is proportional to the level of usefulness of Twitter integration - a developers' problem, not the least which users need to concern themselves with.
MDK010

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 02:00 pm
@Skar,
Thanks man. So basicly I can also block 400 accounts in 1 day? (with the standard Twitter website/no 3rd party)
Skar

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 02:12 pm
@MDK010,
Sure, if that is what you want.
0 Replies