How to get over someone who doesn't love you back?

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 03:51 pm

How to get over someone you love, but he doesn't love you back. I told him about my feelings and he said "Oh my, that's one of the most beautiful things someone has said to me!" but that was it. I see him every afternoon and have lessons together and it really hurts me. I'm not giving up on the lessons just for him, but I would like to know how to make myself stronger and not let him see me weak. Please help me!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,369 • Replies: 4
No top replies

claudene

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 07:42 am
@DexGirl28,
I don't know if you are also friends and for how long you felt that way.

But I can guarantee you if you find someone else, you'll be over him soon.
I'd say break away from him as fast as you can, cause he knows now how you feel, don't hang on to him and think maybe one day he will fall in love with me.

Will never happen, meet other people. There are many other fish in the sea.
amy37

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 11:01 am
@DexGirl28,
First off, your not weak because you love. That's what makes you human, and your vulnerability to love makes you beautiful. There's nothing beautiful about a caloused cold hearted person. Nothing at all.

Dexgirl, hang on to the fact that it was his loss. More so, it was just a crush. It happens to everyone in life all the time. Remember that if he's gonna act weird about it he needs to be taken down a notch, he needs to get over himself.
0 Replies

DexGirl28

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 01:53 pm
@claudene,
We're still friends and I've liked him since last year, although I told him recently.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 04:34 pm
@DexGirl28,
DexGirl28 wrote:

How to get over someone you love, but he doesn't love you back. I told him about my feelings and he said "Oh my, that's one of the most beautiful things someone has said to me!" but that was it. I see him every afternoon and have lessons together and it really hurts me. I'm not giving up on the lessons just for him, but I would like to know how to make myself stronger and not let him see me weak. Please help me!

If you get an answer to the above question, I believe that when one does find someone who reciprocates one's love, the question comes up in one's mind, is the reciprocated love "unconditional"? I believe that could be the bigger heartbreak, when one decides that reciprocated love is not unconditional. And, it doesn't even have to be romantic love. It could be one's family member; even a parent.

Life is not easy.
0 Replies