Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 04:24 am
How does Personal Injury Protection Insurance work when you are driving someone elses vehicle.?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,586 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:36 am
@richardmooney20,
Well, jeepers, if you're a lawyer, you should know that the laws vary throughout the United States. There are states that don't have PIP.
http://www.dmv.org/insurance/supplementing-health-insurance-with-personal-injury-protection.php

Plus this is an international forum. I doubt that PIP is available in, say, Bhutan.

And before anyone rails about me answering a bot or a spammer, the question can certainly be a legit one. Plus I'm cranky this morning.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 07:43 am
@jespah,
PIP is specific to the U.S. and as you've noted, the laws vary by jurisdiction.
0 Replies

PatriciaSimon

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 09:27 pm
For accidents that happen in Florida, PIP can covers other people who drive your car but with your permission. For those accidents that happen inside the U.S. or Canada, PIP only covers you and relatives who lives with your in the same house. But in this case, you must be driving your own vehicle.
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 12:10 am
If you have written permission of deicing someone Else's vehicle then PIP keeps you covered..
roger

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 12:16 am
@bankruptcycenter,
I'll keep that in mind. Never know when I might decide to deice someone else's car.
0 Replies