Discrepancy between Leviticus 23:6 and Matthew 26:17 ?

rstrats

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 07:07 am

Leviticus 23:6 says : “And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread...” However, Matthew 26:17 says: “Now on the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?”

Any thoughts on the seeming discrepancy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,487 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 07:09 am
Yeah, i don't see a discrepancy. The verse in Matthew does not refer to what day the feast will be held.

HELLO ! ! !
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 07:27 am
@rstrats,
Same comment as above.

What, as you see it, is the discrepancy?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 02:55 pm
Add me to the list of confused people. There's no discrepancy between the two passages. Leviticus mentions which day of the month the feast will be celebrated; Matthew refers to the actions to be taken on the first day of the celebration. Where's the discrepancy?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 04:48 pm
@rstrats,
Quote:
fifteenth day of the same month
could also be the first day of the feast. No conflict.
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 09:17 am
@Setanta,
Setanta,

re: "...i don't see a discrepancy. The verse in Matthew does not refer to what day the feast will be held."

Matthew indicates that it can't be any later than the 14th. Are you implying that the Leviticus passage is referring to the 2nd day of the feast?
Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:08 am
@rstrats,
Nowhere in Matthew, Chapter 26, is there an indication of what day of festival is involved. At the beginning of the Chapter, your boy Jesus says it will be passover in two days. That's it. You're a goofball.
Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:10 am
By the way, for bible thumpers, such things could be embarrassing. Without acknowledging that you have a point (i don't think you do), all it would show is that the jokers who wrote scriptures were ignorant of the law and were pretty dim on the calender of Jewish holy days, too. Just something else to add to the list of stupidities and contradictions in "scripture."

Why do you think anyone here would give a ****?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:11 am
@Setanta,
well, actually in Matthew, they just wanted to get a pizza, while in Lev, they were gonna have it catered.

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:17 am
@farmerman,
Guy i knew of the Jewish persuasion used ta say:

If Jewish culture is 6000 years old, and Chinese culture is 4000 years old, what did Jews eat on sabbath night for 2000 years?
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:29 am
@Setanta,
Setanta,

re: "Nowhere in Matthew, Chapter 26, is there an indication of what day of festival is involved."

I think it is generally accepted that the crucifixion took place on the 14th, so it couldn't have been any later than the 14th when the disciples asked the Messiah where He wanted to eat the Passover.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:49 am
@rstrats,
Quote:

I think it is generally accepted that the crucifixion took place on the 14th, so it couldn't have been any later than the 14th when the disciples asked the Messiah where He wanted to eat the Passover.

Huh???
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 02:46 pm
@rstrats,
rstrats, are you aware that your posts make no sense whatever?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 03:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
A double HUH?
0 Replies

rstrats

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 05:15 am
@Lustig Andrei,
lustig Andrei,

re: "rstrats, are you aware that your posts make no sense whatever?"

No, I wasn't aware of that. Perhaps you can help me out here. I wrote: "I think it is generally accepted that the crucifixion took place on the 14th, so it couldn't have been any later than the 14th when the disciples asked the Messiah where He wanted to eat the Passover." I wonder if you might point out why you think that doesn't make any sense.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:57 am
@rstrats,
What you essentially wrote was,
Quote:
"I think it is generally accepted that the crucifixion took place on the 14th, when the disciples asked the Messiah where He wanted to eat the Passover."

Huh?

rstrats

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter,

re: "What you essentially wrote was, 'I think it is generally accepted that the crucifixion took place on the 14th, when the disciples asked the Messiah where He wanted to eat the Passover'."

That is not what I wrote. I wrote: "I think it is generally accepted that the crucifixion took place on the 14th, so it couldn't have been any later than the 14th when the disciples asked the Messiah where He wanted to eat the Passover."
Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:57 am
NOBODY GIVES A SH*T.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 05:59 am
@rstrats,
Have you ever thought of wandering off into the wilderness and asking God?

Don't be surprised though, if the clouds part and a big, booming voice says "Huh?"
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 02:48 pm
@rstrats,
There were 2 sets of Jewish laws and this is evidence in Prat's book
Supplementary Notes Note M volume 2, The Jewish Calendar at the time of Christ
0 Replies