guy who talks to me online doesn't talk to me in real life?

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 02:32 am
ok i'll try and make this long story short:
- guy added me on facebook
- this guy catches the same bus as me EVERY morning
- talks to me online
- he is really friendly online and flirts only a little
- at the bustop, he never looks at me
- i don't know if this changes anything BUT he came from another country recently and cannot speak english well although he still seems confident online

at one point i thought maybe he doesn't recognise me in real life but he was trying to get me apply at the same job as him so i think he does know who i am (why would you want someone to work with you if you didn't know they were haha) and why would he add me if he didn't know who i was?

i even mentioned that "oh i think i've seen you in the morning" and he was like "yeah me too i think i'm not sure" and then the next morning i looked at him so i could wave or even talk but he didn't look up

ALSO one more thing:
yesterday he sent me a song and the chorus in the song was like "look at me so i could say hi to you, i really want to say hi to you so just look at me so i can"
that's kind of ironic because i'm the one that wants HIM to look at me so i can say hi to him hahahaha
i mean the song can easily mean nothing but i don't know i'm really confused. i want us to be good friends and i don't it to be an online thing and in real life, we act like we dont know eachother
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,211 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 05:57 am
@mariamaria123,
There is nothing whatsoever stopping you from going over to him and talking first.

See how often you have to do that. Is it all the time? And I mean over time, as in, more than a week.

Let's say 10 days go by, and you approach him 10 out of 10 times. Then feel free to ask him, "You're really friendly online, but you never seem to approach me. Why is that? You know we're friends, right?"

And see what happens. While the different language (and culture, BTW) might be an issue, there are also people who are extremely self-conscious about who they hang out with, thinking that it makes some sort of a statement about who they are. This is magnified, big time, in junior high/middle school, and is also magnified (albeit less so) in high school.

Or he's a jerk, embarrassed to be seen with you.

It's your mission to find out (if this matters so much to you) what's going on here.

So open your mouth and ask, instead of hanging around and wondering.
0 Replies