2013 Oscars! 2/24/13!

Mon 18 Feb, 2013 06:40 pm
So? What have you seen? What did you like? Who do you expect to win?
http://www.imdb.com/event/ev0000003/2013

Of this year's crops:
Amour: Stefan Arndt, Margaret Ménégoz, Veit Heiduschka, Michael Katz
Argo: Grant Heslov, Ben Affleck, George Clooney
Beasts of the Southern Wild: Dan Janvey, Josh Penn, Michael Gottwald
Django Unchained: Stacey Sher, Reginald Hudlin, Pilar Savone
Les Misérables: Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Debra Hayward, Cameron Mackintosh
Life of Pi: Gil Netter, Ang Lee, David Womark
Lincoln: Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy
Silver Linings Playbook: Donna Gigliotti, Bruce Cohen, Jonathan Gordon
Zero Dark Thirty: Mark Boal, Kathryn Bigelow, Megan Ellison

I have seen 7, though technically only 6 as I fell asleep while watching Silver Linings Playbook.

roger

Mon 18 Feb, 2013 08:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm going for Beasts of the Southern Wild even though it hasn't shown here. I just like the idea, I guess.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Tue 19 Feb, 2013 06:03 am
@tsarstepan,
I've seen Django Unchained, but that's it. I plan to see Life of Pi at some point, and I might watch Argo and Zero Dark Thirty once they show up on NetFlix or something.
tsarstepan

Tue 19 Feb, 2013 12:34 pm
@rosborne979,
If you can, see Life of Pi in 3D in the movie theater. It's a magnificent spectacular film. It better win best cinematography if it wins anything at all.

Suraj Sharma should have been nominated for Best Actor. His snubbing is a crime.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 19 Feb, 2013 12:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
I've seen four:

Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty
Silver Linings Playbook
Argo

I rate them in that order.

Lincoln, in my opinion is clearly the best. I enjoyed everything about that picture...acting, directing, setting, period costume, the works. I would love for it to win.

Zero Dark Thirty was good...and ambitious. The acting was exceptional...and the settings were spot on.

Silver Linings Playbook was entertaining and I thoroughly enjoyed it for private reasons. I think it was good enough to be considered a contender.

Argo is where I go off the reservation. Seems like most people think to be outstanding. I honestly do not see it as a legitimate Academy Award picture...but I understand it has a great possibility of being the winner. British bookies have made it an odd's on favorite. I thought it was okay, at best. It was, in my opinion, pedestrian and cliche ridden.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 23 Feb, 2013 08:06 am

Best Black Actor
0 Replies