Consider the source of your news...

H2O MAN

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:02 am

Deborah Feyerick, a CNN anchor was interviewing “Bill Nye, the Science Guy” about the snowstorm that stuck the Northeast.
Being a CNN anchor, she naturally had to suggest that the snowstorm was the result of Global Warming.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z42/Morpium-CNN/Deborah%20Feyerick/DF1805111.jpg

But Feyerick went even further than that...

CNN Anchor Asks If Incoming Asteroid Caused By 'Global Warming'... Seriously?

Intellectually challenged Liberals are quite entertaining Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,329 • Replies: 33
Topic Closed
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:09 am
@H2O MAN,
Yup...it is amazing the **** some people try to sell! Wink
0 Replies

aspvenom

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:20 am
@H2O MAN,
LOL

Bill Nye the science guy is around huh? I wish he never stopped doing his goofy but informative skits.
raprap

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:39 am
@H2O MAN,
I watch Fox News for their inherent stupidity. Roger Ailes on election night was a real hoot.

BTW if you choose to buy that solar activity is the root cause of global warming--then, yes, the close encounter with the asteroid last week could be tied to global warming.

Rap
H2O MAN

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:43 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

BTW if you choose to buy that solar activity is the root cause of global warming--then,
yes, the close encounter with the asteroid last week could be tied to global warming.

Laughing Drunk
OK sunshine, tell us how a cold piece of space rock speeding by
earth has anything to do with solar activity and so-called GW.

H2O MAN

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:46 am
@aspvenom,
He did a good job of not laughing out loud at this news anchor.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:50 am
@raprap,
Quote:
BTW if you choose to buy that solar activity is the root cause of global warming--then, yes, the close encounter with the asteroid last week could be tied to global warming.

This has got me curious now. How can a passing asteroid be tied to global warming again?

If someone asked you the same question that this CNN anchor asked:
“Talk about something else that’s falling from the sky and that is an asteroid. What’s coming our way? Is this an effect of, perhaps, of global warming or is this just some meteoric occasion?”
You won't have the least inclination to call such a person "dummy" in your head? Even Bill Nye was at a loss of words for a second or two.
H2O MAN

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 08:58 am
http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/100/Purple/v4/c9/80/53/c9805392-6393-22cf-5880-368e1e99ffbd/mzl.zsssyypo.175x175-75.jpg
0 Replies

raprap

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 09:30 am
@aspvenom,
Solar activity involves matter being ejected from the surface of the sun. When that matter interacts with other matter in orbit around the sun (the asteroid) so the orbit of that matter can be altered.

Rap
raprap

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 09:35 am
@H2O MAN,
Simple high school physical sciences--conservation of momentum. Matter ejected from the sun (increased solar activity) interacting with matter in orbit around the sun.

What are you, Waterdude, dumber than Megyn Kelly?

Rap
H2O MAN

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 09:41 am
@raprap,

You're government education has let you down, Rap.

Is this CNN news anchor related to you?
aspvenom

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 09:42 am
@raprap,
Irrelevant of the question by the anchorwomen:

"Talk about something else that’s falling from the sky and that is an asteroid. ... effect of, perhaps, of global warming..."

Is it just me? Cause this just doesn't add together...
An asteroid an effect of global warming? Rolling Eyes
I hope not.

Even Bill Nye the Science Guy resisted confirming her "hypothesis."

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/2012/CNN-Feyerick-asteroid-globalwarming-2013-02-09.mp3
0 Replies

contrex

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 12:34 pm
So let me get this straight... a dumb anchorwoman says a silly thing... does that mean global warming is not real?
aspvenom

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 12:50 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
So let me get this straight... a dumb anchorwoman says a silly thing... does that mean global warming is not real?

Convincing me that the Earth is warming is a far different thing than convincing me that the Earth is warming due to man-made sources. I'm in a wierd middle camp, if you're personally asking me.
Anyway when did I try come to the conclusion in this thread that global warming is not real?

contrex

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 01:03 pm
@aspvenom,
aspvenom wrote:

Anyway when did I try come to the conclusion in this thread that global warming is not real?

It was a general question - I wasn't asking you especially... why did you think I was?
aspvenom

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 01:07 pm
@contrex,
Oh, well your post was below me, so I thought you were addressing to me.
contrex

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 01:22 pm
@aspvenom,
aspvenom wrote:

Oh, well your post was below me, so I thought you were addressing to me.

If I had clicked the Reply link under your post, my reply would have had @aspvenom at the top (as this one does). I clicked the Reply to All link at the bottom of the page, so it does not.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 01:47 pm
Oh I understand that, but I've seen it more than a few time where people reply all, but are meaning to reply to the person above them. Sorry if I caused you any trouble.
RABEL222

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 02:08 pm
@aspvenom,
I am worried about you fella. Agreeing with anything waterman says shows a lack of education.
aspvenom

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 05:43 pm
@RABEL222,
This political game of flinging insults based on I'm right/ he's wrong is getting old, real fast. Whatever floats each one's perspective boat, I suppose.
Let me clarify my position on this matter.
Do I agree with H2Oman's politically driven notion that that "Intellectually challenged Liberals are quite entertaining?" No, as a matter of fact, I don't find intellectually challenged individuals entertaining, whatever their political background. I rather feel sympathetic towards them.
Do I agree with H2Oman's politically driven hyperbole that this anchorwoman is intellectually challenged? No.
Do I agree with H2Oman calling out on a news anchors silly statement? Yes, of course, because it was silly. What? Did you expect that the liberal news is without faults? They're humans aren't they? Prone to error like those "savage" and "uneducated" conservatives, aren't they?
I bet you that if you and water dude weren't passionate in politics, you two would get along just fine.
Peace out.