He said, "I want to get you pregnant." What does this mean?

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 06:32 am
I'm a 46-year-old mother of seven dating a 54-year-old divorced father of two. Recently we were kissing, and he said, "oh, Kate, I want to get you pregnant." We haven't even told each other that we love the other, but I do believe that we are falling in love. What does his declaration really mean?

engineer

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 07:00 am
@PowerWidow,
It's a pretty straightforward statement. He wants unprotected sex and gets off on the notion of you getting pregnant.
PowerWidow

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 09:17 am
@engineer,
We have unprotected sex all the time. We've both gotten tested recently and I had my one remaining tube tied--he knows this. So go figure?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 09:36 am
@PowerWidow,
It means run for your life!
PowerWidow

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 10:45 am
@Ragman,
He knows I can't. So I've deduced that there's some other meaning behind it, not necessarily a nefarious one. Besides, I like this man enough that if I was younger, and able, I probably would have a child with him eventually.
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 10:50 am
@PowerWidow,
I have no idea. You are best advised to ask him. Why not ask him?
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 11:33 am
@PowerWidow,
PowerWidow wrote:
He knows I can't.

Are you sure? Maybe he doesn't understand this whole "pregnancy" thing. Has he ever said, in the heat of passion, "I want to make puppies with you"?
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 09:51 pm
@PowerWidow,
Means don't do it. Unless you're in love. But was he serious? He might have been/possibly could have been/is trying to mess with your head.
rehoboth

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 01:15 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
When he says this to you in the heat of passion, it is a major turn on to hear, even though, they know there is no chance, it helps to enhance the moment and make them climax better. Nothing more. It is just sexy talk just as when some people say, "fill you/me full" when wearing a condom... no chance, but it's the excitement to get them more turned on. Nothing more. There are A LOT of turn on statements that people use just for that purpose. Don't read anymore into it than what it actually is. If he really wanted a baby, he would discuss it outside of the bedroom when things are not heated up.
Patrickplf

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:34 am
@rehoboth,
Very Critical Issue
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:38 am
Power sex talk (men feel very powerful making women pregnant) - BUT I hope you laughed.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:27 am
@PUNKEY,
Some women like having powerful men control them Punkey. Don't judge them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 07:30 am
@PowerWidow,
Things said in the heat of the moment are expressing a passionate emotion, not a 5 year plan. I wouldn't read too much into it other than that he wanted badly to have sex with you.

The 5 year plan conversation (about whether you actually want to have children together) should be had over coffee.
clueless7321

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 08:03 pm
@Ragman,
Yes, ask him. Best advice yet..lol.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 09:40 pm
@PowerWidow,
PowerWidow wrote:

I want to get you pregnant."

46 years old woman, with 7 children? And you have to ask?

What's the problem?
0 Replies

Pbe

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 11:54 pm
@PowerWidow,
I'm a bit freaked out, because a man that I've been seeing for the past few months said to me last night as we were sitting on his couch that he wanted to get me pregnant. He said he has baby fever after being around his family - neices and his nephew. He's the only one without kids.

We later had protected sex and he said that he'd want a girl that looked like me and a boy that looks like him. Yes, I see the red flags that if I don't want to end up pregnant - I'd need to stop having sex with him or supply my own condoms, because I think in his case he just really wants a baby and it doesn't matter with whom. Your thoughts?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 12:15 am
@Pbe,
Well, how do you feel about raising a child on your own???? I'm guessing he isn't all that interested in marriage, but is having a baby something you want to do with a potentially temporary boyfriend?? What do you want?
Pbe

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 04:27 am
@glitterbag,
I don't even know to be honest. I know anytime you have sex you're at risk for pregnancy, but I didn't think I'd be thinking about this at this point, at least from the standpoint of him putting it out there there that he wants to get me pregnant.. . so suddenly.

I also am thinking back on part of a conversation he and I had after sex. He wanted to go get breakfast. He said something to the gist of him marking his territory. I also asked him why out of the blue would he want to abruptly have a child with me and he said he felt "I was perfect" to which is the most hilarious response, because I am so, so, so far away and opposite from perfect.

So to answer your question about raising a child alone. I don't know. I'm at that point where I don't know if I believe that I will remarry and I don't know if I believe in that lasting type of love between a man and a woman. I'm not jaded, at least I don't feel that I am, but I'm a realist as I have observed the cycle of people that stay together, which is few and far between. With that said, I'm not saying that I'm open to the idea of having a kid or his kid, because I know that having a kid still ties you to someone in some capacity.
jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 07:01 am
@Pbe,
Please don't have a child with someone you're not sure about.
Pbe

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:41 pm
@jespah,
I know and agree. I just had to share based on seeing that it's typically in reverse that some women want to get pregnant, but how it also happens in cases where some males want to impregnate a woman for ridiculous reasons.
0 Replies