The Daily Show

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 12:04 am
The Daily Show is hilarious, timely and has some of the best interviews and skits around. Mr.P, our son & I scramble to be watching our TV for that zany half-hour every weekday. We're truly disappointed when it's a rerun.

Anybody else enjoy this show?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,322 • Replies: 42
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:36 am
YES-definately. Its level of satire makes it one of the best things on tv today. the only criticism i have is the stupid opening wjhere john sits there and makes believe hes writing or scribbling or tracing his hand. thats a small annoyance. I like all the commentary of the steves . whatever happened to Mo rocca?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:40 am
The stupid opening doesn't bother me, I guess -- most of the time I'm in the kitchen and the guys are yelling at me... "It's on, it's on." Very Happy We watch it at 7pm on the west coast.

I dunno about Mo Rocca either, I just checked and while he's not on the list of current anchors, he's listed as the featured anchor. (Huh?) I started liking Samantha Bee after her report on Lieberman. That recent interview she did about gay penguins was pretty funny.

Did you see Jon Stewart's inteview with Val Kilmer? We thought he was either on drugs or drunk or both. Could he possibly have been faking it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:42 am
LOVE Jon Stewart.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:54 am
Big hit in our house too.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 03:17 pm
missed the Val kilmer interview. Who, precisely, was on drugs, john?

I like one of the trailers .
The daily SHow--where more Americans get their news , than any other nationality
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 09:45 pm
Oh, sorry to be vague. Val Kilmer seemed to be dragging. He could barely put together a sentence. I googgled "val kilmer daily show" and found a forum where people were discussing it. Here are some of their comments:

Quote:
Is Val Kilmer always that weird? Cuz he needs to lay off the shrooms for awhile. Yowsa, that was some f-cked up interview.

....Jon made a joke about "circular logic" but when Val came out he wanted to know what "secular logic" was...and from there the intv went weird.

Odd too, since Val Kilmer's often described as being clever & witty. That didn't happen.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 10:27 pm
It is the one show I have missed continuously since I canceled my cable. I loooooove Jon Stewart.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 10:37 pm
<nodding> He is funny most every night.

Bummer that you can't watch it, k, -- I wonder if it is shown at any nearby taverns?
0 Replies

Mohsye

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:35 am
http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=42392
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 07:08 am
fu**in a right, piff.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 04:17 pm
Jon Stewart is clever when he becomes confrontational with his tongue frimly implanted in his cheek. The guests he doesn't agree with it don't know quite what to make of it. I love the set-ups in the out-of-studio interviews where much of the time it doesn't seem like the person being interviewed has a clue they are being put on. It doesn't look faked to me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 04:44 pm
I think that is done by cutting and pasting and using stand ins for the steves. If some of those set ups were done to me, Id have decked the interviewer.
BUT, since it wasnt me, I really enjoy someone else being ridiculed
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 07:18 pm
I think they have to get a release to air the interviews so I have been often baffled that those interviewed are willing to sign on the final cut. I can only believe they are just too dumb to figure out how foolish it makes them look. They often look like they are sincere in a belief that they are being interviewed by a ligitimate news show.
0 Replies

K e v i n

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:44 pm
I love that show, its my favorite news parody by far, if not my favorite show alltogether.

This is off topic, but does anyone know why every avatar I see is a dancing hamster?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:05 pm
April Fool
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 02:52 am
LOL
0 Replies

sparky

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:59 pm
The Daily Show is the ONLY television show I make plans to watch. Colin Quinn is the luckiest guy on Earth to have his show follow it. I heard Jon Stewart on Al Franken's show the other day - freakin' hilarious.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:22 pm
Last week we begged out on a dinner invitation because it would have interfered with the Daily Show and Richard Clarke was on. <hanging head> What can I say? I know that's sick... but we're hooked. We need Tivo!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:32 pm
There are DVR's and DMR's on the market so one doesn't have to invest in TIVO which basically charges you for finding programs they think you want. The Panasonic I have uses VCR Plus and manual programming just like a VCR and will record onto a 40 hours hard drive or onto a rewriteable or standard DVD. I shopped the Panasonic and bought it for $505.00, the DMR E-80-H which is a progressive scan unit. You can also dub videotapes and other media onto DVD (including your picture files on your PC with the right connector).

"The Daily Show" is on my scheduled programming so I never miss one. He's had some top notch guests on since he won the Emmy.
0 Replies